Eastern Stand BLACK MEMBERSHIPS

Highlight of the night:

When the bay 65 boys finally broke down Archie Thompson. That guy was heckled into oblivion, and finnally snapped by raising his middle finger at us. No doubt he was feeling our love. Brilliant!

Must admit I didn't see that...bugger.

Dunno whether it was the poncho around me ears or the rain in general but I thought when the WDWSF came around the western stand was louder than us. Could be wrong but there was a real reverb coming across from the other side of the pitch.

Bay 68er here.

I rethink we're much louder because so many of us are getting involved. Look at the west when they respond. It doesn't go all the way down the line like our side. I think we just don't get the impact of it because we're in it. If we were to hear it from their side I think our roar would be even louder.

This is an awesome thread. I'd also love to get heaps more active support going on because it looks like most of us are up for it. There are a few who don't really join in as much but they are a minority. Pull overs, standing and chanting, responding to rbb, Poznan, referee heckling and the whole lot of it. Love it! Love it all. It's time we became a full active support stand. The west can follow and then we'll become a full stadium active support consistently.

Highlight of the night:

When the bay 65 boys finally broke down Archie Thompson. That guy was heckled into oblivion, and finnally snapped by raising his middle finger at us. No doubt he was feeling our love. Brilliant!

Really? Hopefully fox sports got footage of it, and it can be passed onto the match review people,

If one of the refs saw it he would've been sent off..

Not that I'm offended by it, I just think that he's an idiot

For real? Can a player be sanctioned for that?

If the referee, or one of the assistants saw it then, then a player can be sent off for it, it's the same for giving the finger to a player or ref on the field.

Whether the FFA find out about it and decide to do anything about it is a completely different thing

Get a replay of the second half. When he does his usual thing and switch sides, so maybe 10-15 mins in? Look for those bright orange boots. The ball was on the other side of the pitch though. We might be able to get a distant look at the "incident"

Don't tell the FFA though. If Archie gave me the finger it's a badge of honour and it means we got to him! **** yeah! Also some of the things that were said about him weren't particularly "nice" Lol

Haven't watched the game yet on the DVR...will keep an eye out for that moment.

Highlight of the night:

Must admit I didn't see that...bugger.

Dunno whether it was the poncho around me ears or the rain in general but I thought when the WDWSF came around the western stand was louder than us. Could be wrong but there was a real reverb coming across from the other side of the pitch.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=parramatta+stadium&ie=UTF-8&ei=KwGKUt6fEqGriALe34GYAg&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg

from the satellite picture on google maps, the western stand roof is larger than the east, so there's probably more echo and makes it a bit louder

Our roof is too shallow!  This is really important!

I felt we were a bit quieter in general this week.  My ears were ringing after the Adelaide game.  Not so Saturday.  Scientific fact of importance right there.

Guest mickisnot

Our roof is too shallow!  This is really important!

I felt we were a bit quieter in general this week.  My ears were ringing after the Adelaide game.  Not so Saturday.  Scientific fact of importance right there.

I really like getting technical

Tev9WHq.jpg

I come on here from time to time and saw this thread when it first started. I hesitated admitting I sat in Bay 66 because  for all of last season and now this one because I am that big mouth that never sits down and carries on like an idiot. But, especially this season, I'm not the odd one out LOL

Do you wear the Mooy jersey in the back row by any chance?

I believe this is who you are referring to in the back row of bay 66 wearing Mooy 10 haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEYDObVtdhY

Edited by Solrac
Guest mickisnot

I come on here from time to time and saw this thread when it first started. I hesitated admitting I sat in Bay 66 because  for all of last season and now this one because I am that big mouth that never sits down and carries on like an idiot. But, especially this season, I'm not the odd one out LOL

That dude in the Mooy jersery is legendary. His passion level, it's over 9000.   :clapping:

I believe this is who you are referring to in the back row of bay 66 wearing Mooy 10 haha

I have been meaning to shake this mans hand for a long time! I don't know if the infamous "Mooy Jersey" uses this forum. I don't know if he'll ever see this, but "Mooy Jersey" this is for you:

GnwWo1Y.gif

People like you (whether you know it or not) collectively unify the atmosphere at stadiums and are usually the ones responsible for calling up on the refereeing.

• 1 month later...
Guest mickisnot

CXMl9Ccl.jpg

My only problem with this is are we allowed to access (as Black memberships holders) the south end? There's that massive gate that bars us from going tup north. But are we allowed down south?

Guest mickisnot

To all my fellow East Stand knock around, I found out tonight you can access the Southern part of the stadium hassle free. WanderDogs to be purchased.

The WanderDog stand wasn't there though, that and the loss. Double gutted.

That dude in the Mooy jersery is legendary. His passion level, it's over 9000.   :clapping:

I have been meaning to shake this mans hand for a long time! I don't know if the infamous "Mooy Jersey" uses this forum. I don't know if he'll ever see this, but "Mooy Jersey" this is for you:

GnwWo1Y.gif

People like you (whether you know it or not) collectively unify the atmosphere at stadiums and are usually the ones responsible for calling up on the refereeing.

Personally I feel like punching the clown.

He constantly bangs on the seats, the small fence behind us and its a constant vibration which is down right annoying most of the time. If he wants to stand up all the time, fair enough - but remember he's in front of a disabled bay, they struggle to see at the best of times. To top it off he cracked the shits at something during the CCM game and kicked a beer that not only drenched my wife but the 3 guys in front of us too.

I thought it was just a Christmas thing !!

With the crowd leaving early thing, I don't think I've seen a ground anywhere where everyone stays to the end, particularly when their team is losing. Not good to see but don't get worked up about it. I think I have left a ground early on only a couple of occasions, and one of those was so I didn't get my head kicked in by Villa fans !!

not sure why the negative comments. if people want to do it let them do it, it's not illegal. as useful as me telling the eastern stand not to sing glorious cos it's not very good.

i don't hear any negative comments from some people when flares are lit in the RBB, but put on an un-authorised light show in the eastern stand and all hell breaks loose. :smurfnono:

i don't hear any negative comments from some people when flares are lit in the RBB, 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 

Wait what. 

i don't hear any negative comments from some people when flares are lit in the RBB,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 

Wait what.

i said "some people". sorry i'll be more specific then. there were no negative comments from BigDukes or Legionista regarding the use of flares at the melb victory game, but they feel compelled to make negative comments regarding the use of "christmas lights". i find that a double standard.

The lights looked more prominent on the western side last night - but it was a bit tacky to be honest.

So, the west have the Topor-Standley.... what could the east have?

We'll have the rest of the squad. Can someone make a banner that stretches across the whole east stand? Perhaps with some flashing white lights.

Guest mickisnot

He constantly bangs on the seats, the small fence behind us and its a constant vibration which is down right annoying most of the time. If he wants to stand up all the time, fair enough - but remember he's in front of a disabled bay, they struggle to see at the best of times. To top it off he cracked the shits at something during the CCM game and kicked a beer that not only drenched my wife but the 3 guys in front of us too.

If he beer showers, get up, punch him and tell him to go back to the cricket. God dam hate beer showers ...

The lights looked more prominent on the western side last night - but it was a bit tacky to be honest.

So, the west have the Topor-Standley.... what could the east have?

We'll have the rest of the squad. Can someone make a banner that stretches across the whole east stand? Perhaps with some flashing white lights.

Going back a few pages/comments we have a **** load of swearing and abuse directed at the referees and linesmen. I love the filth that is Eastern Stand.

There was a bloke that wanted to start E.A.T. - M.E. (Eastern Active Terrace - Mental Edition) this was in reference to us being a bunch of angry clowns. I liked it, but they were only throw around ideas, we haven't been able to get a good constant thing going yet. This thread is a start!

i said "some people". sorry i'll be more specific then. there were no negative comments from BigDukes or Legionista regarding the use of flares at the melb victory game, but they feel compelled to make negative comments regarding the use of "christmas lights". i find that a double standard.

Without getting involved on any grand scale, I see the use of the term "double standard" there, so I'l just fill you in. A lot of people who use flares will argue that the bright light, smoke and smell give off a massive hit of adrenaline when singing for the team.

I loved the lights at christmas, they were like "21st century candles" a little "Christmas by Candle light" if you will, but outside of christmas time (i.e. last night) they weren't giving me that little extra to sing for the team. In fact, the complete opposite.

If he beer showers, get up, punch him and tell him to go back to the cricket. God dam hate beer showers ...

He actually kicked the beer off the ground, he clearly had no clue who was around him - or he simply didn't care. My mate came the first home game of the season and sat in the wife's seat - he's nicknamed him '97'... as in a few cents short of a dollar.

Anyway, moving on...

Any thoughts about getting some confetti for the stands as well as the RBB? That looked awesome the other day.

Guest mickisnot

He actually kicked the beer off the ground, he clearly had no clue who was around him - or he simply didn't care. My mate came the first home game of the season and sat in the wife's seat - he's nicknamed him '97'... as in a few cents short of a dollar.

Anyway, moving on...

Any thoughts about getting some confetti for the stands as well as the RBB? That looked awesome the other day.

I saw a few people tearing up the magazine pages.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but this website only has 2500 members (most of which are RBB) it would be quite difficult to get that level of coordination for a mass confetti throw. Don't get me wrong I love the enthusiasm, I just don't want my WanderBros heart to be broke.

What I've always loved is the idea of just having a banner somewhere just near the halfway. Maybe even a little URL on there to help people get on this website. Co-ordinate a bit more, hopefully organise a mass confetti throw in the future.

I have no idea about how to:

• design a banner
  • make a banner
  • call the club to say we have a banner

fOLL5yL.png

Things that should be sent off to the Cove for their use...

Mobile Phone flashlights...been there, done that and it was a one off...repeated use smacks of bandwagon me-tooism

Beer throwers...aside from being just a massive pain in the arse, what some of mono-brow thinks that wasting even crappy Toohey's mid-strength is something to do. FFS either drink it or go back to sniffing your dad's old KB cans if you can't hold your grog