stewballs

Settlers Inn Pub

I had to post this as it was really pi ss ing me off about the way in which we were price gouged on Saturday.

I am no tight arse , i promise!!! But,

$12 for a can of whisky mixer or bourbon mixers is crazy.

$5 can of coke

$9 for a whisky in a plastic cup

$6,50? for a beer, cant remember had way too many

I know the organisers for us do a great job of having a pub we can land on, but i do think we got stung and prIces went up big time compared to our first trip to Gosford.

So my question is,

Are we big enough to start to dictate to publicans about what they charge us at pubs pre game if we have that pub as the nominated pub as per Settlers??

If they wont negotiate then maybe we need more RBBBQ''s and give the money to a local sporting club liek Newy game? and split profits on the day with the local club ? Use profits for tiffos etc.

Just a thought.

Stew.

prices seem steep just maybe organising with the pub and making sure they won't be raising their prices more than usual for a special event. Then again the extra security and extra staff needed may impact on the price of alcohol.

An option would be to request a price list before we confirm to a pub.

it annoys me.. but I guess they're not doing their business case any favours for the March 29 trip. 

Simple, rip us off once, they won't have our business again, which ultimately means bigger loss in profits.

or just smuggle in your drinks in 1.25 litre bottle of coke pre mixed with your fav dark spirit, rum/bourbon, keep them in a esky in the car and skull till your hearts content. Its the westie way and you will save a fortune. No one likes to drink at nightclubs or at venues these days due to the steep price increase they charge us when we know we can get a bottle for the price of a few drinks. So pre drinks to the pre match to the pre pub is when the day begins. :xbop:

Well a quick scan of the interweb finds three other pubs in central Gosford, Dutton's Tavern, Gosford Hotel and Union Hotel. It would be logical to assume that one of these pubs will be a Yellow Army watering hole (well, more likely a bus shelter where they can swap anecdotes over a bottle of lime Bacardi Breezer), so why not approach them individually and try and get them to earn the business of the 1000s of away fans next meeting up there. And be sure to tell the Settler's arms their prices are going to drive us away (plus maybe a quiet word to the local chamber of commerce and department fo Fair Trading).

on the plus side meals are quite cheap and sometimes free at the hungry jacks next door  :ninja:

One of the bar girls confirmed prices were raised for Saturday. $9 for a bourbon is pricier than most inner city clubs.

Yeah it was $5.50 for a plastic cup of VB. I said to the bartender it was ridiculous, he agreed and said he was pissed off about it.

This also  goes back to the organisation of the away pub. I don't mind giving an establishment return business if they look after us. I must admit I was surprised to see $12 for a mixed can of spirits that would normally sell for $5 min - $7 max. If they can't look after us then I see no reason why we can't play off any pub against each other until we get the best deal we can.

It's almost $8 for a Canadian Club or JD at the Woolpack. One whole shot and half a glass of coke. We get ripped off every week, just a bit moreso on Saturday. Luckily I was the deso ;)

or just smuggle in your drinks in 1.25 litre bottle of coke pre mixed with your fav dark spirit, rum/bourbon, keep them in a esky in the car and skull till your hearts content. Its the westie way and you will save a fortune. No one likes to drink at nightclubs or at venues these days due to the steep price increase they charge us when we know we can get a bottle for the price of a few drinks. So pre drinks to the pre match to the pre pub is when the day begins. :xbop:

or for some of us a bottle of water acts as a good vodka container or go classy with a nice hip flask in the pocket 

merch thought of the day....WSW hippy 

prices seem steep just maybe organising with the pub and making sure they won't be raising their prices more than usual for a special event. Then again the extra security and extra staff needed may impact on the price of alcohol.

The fact that this business actually put up the price of beer to take advantage of our huge numbers is disgusting. These places make good money and should absorb all costs such as extra security, staff etc. It is a tax write off for them anyway. Anyone who bought a beer there has been taken for a ride.

Upon return to the pub after the game Beers where $4.80. I asked if prices had been raised for the pre-match and this was confirmed to me by one of the bar staff.

$5 for a VB in a plastic cup at the Central Coast Leagues...

Still better than $6.50 in the stadium..  

How can ppl afford to throw them....

$5 for a VB in a plastic cup at the Central Coast Leagues...

Still better than $6.50 in the stadium..  

How can ppl afford to throw them....

apparently there are some rich westies in the RBB

the prices were extremely steep, not sure why and pity the police stopped them from having a BBQ(i think it was them) it was odd how expensive it was, but most likely still cheaper than at the stadium

though they have popcorn at their stadium kinda OT but it works

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

Aparently u can't have bbqs on total fire ban days

I think thats only if using solid fuels..

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/dsp_content.cfm?cat_id=1110

Total Fire Ban Rules

Attachment_20120908_6C12D6B1.jpgDuring a Total Fire Ban no fire may be lit in the open and all Fire permits are suspended. This includes incinerators and barbecues which burn solid fuel, e.g. wood or charcoal. 

Can I use an electric barbeque?

You can use an electric barbeque for cooking as long as it is under the direct control of a responsible adult, who is present at all times while it is operating, and no combustible material is allowed within two metres at any time it is operating.

Can I use a gas barbeque?

You can use a gas barbeque under the following conditions:

• It is under the direct control of a responsible adult, present at all times while it is operating;
  • No combustible material is allowed within two metres at any time it is operating;
  • You have an immediate and continuous supply of water; and
o   The barbeque is within 20 metres of a permanent private dwelling such as a home;
o   The barbeque is within a picnic area and the appliance is approved by Council, National Parks or State Forest
Can I use a solid fuel barbeque, like a wood or charcoal barbeque?

No.

These places make good money and should absorb all costs such as extra security, staff etc. It is a tax write off.

Total Fire Ban Rules

Attachment_20120908_6C12D6B1.jpgDuring a Total Fire Ban no fire may be lit in the open and all Fire permits are suspended. This includes incinerators and barbecues which burn solid fuel, e.g. wood or charcoal. Can I use an electric barbeque?

You can use an electric barbeque for cooking as long as it is under the direct control of a responsible adult, who is present at all times while it is operating, and no combustible material is allowed within two metres at any time it is operating. Can I use a gas barbeque?

• It is under the direct control of a responsible adult, present at all times while it is operating;
  • No combustible material is allowed within two metres at any time it is operating;
o The barbeque is within 20 metres of a permanent private dwelling such as a home;

o The barbeque is within a picnic area and the appliance is approved by Council, National Parks or State Forest Can I use a solid fuel barbeque, like a wood or charcoal barbeque?

No.

Us lebos are screwed this summer. No bbq on our coal trays. Spewing!

Total Fire Ban Rules

Attachment_20120908_6C12D6B1.jpgDuring a Total Fire Ban no fire may be lit in the open and all Fire permits are suspended. This includes incinerators and barbecues which burn solid fuel, e.g. wood or charcoal. Can I use an electric barbeque?

You can use an electric barbeque for cooking as long as it is under the direct control of a responsible adult, who is present at all times while it is operating, and no combustible material is allowed within two metres at any time it is operating. Can I use a gas barbeque?

oThe barbeque is within 20 metres of a permanent private dwelling such as a home;

oThe barbeque is within a picnic area and the appliance is approved by Council, National Parks or State Forest Can I use a solid fuel barbeque, like a wood or charcoal barbeque?

No.

Same I'm koori n means no didge n feed around the fire in the back yard

I think thats only if using solid fuels..http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/dsp_content.cfm?cat_id=1110 Total Fire Ban RulesAttachment_20120908_6C12D6B1.jpgDuring a Total Fire Ban no fire may be lit in the open and all Fire permits are suspended. This includes incinerators and barbecues which burn solid fuel, e.g. wood or charcoal. Can I use an electric barbeque?You can use an electric barbeque for cooking as long as it is under the direct control of a responsible adult, who is present at all times while it is operating, and no combustible material is allowed within two metres at any time it is operating. Can I use a gas barbeque?You can use a gas barbeque under the following conditions:
oThe barbeque is within 20 metres of a permanent private dwelling such as a home;oThe barbeque is within a picnic area and the appliance is approved by Council, National Parks or State Forest Can I use a solid fuel barbeque, like a wood or charcoal barbeque?No.

Those bbqs are the best thing ever invented. PRAISE LEBANON

I think thats only if using solid fuels..http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/dsp_content.cfm?cat_id=1110 Total Fire Ban RulesAttachment_20120908_6C12D6B1.jpgDuring a Total Fire Ban no fire may be lit in the open and all Fire permits are suspended. This includes incinerators and barbecues which burn solid fuel, e.g. wood or charcoal. Can I use an electric barbeque?You can use an electric barbeque for cooking as long as it is under the direct control of a responsible adult, who is present at all times while it is operating, and no combustible material is allowed within two metres at any time it is operating. Can I use a gas barbeque?You can use a gas barbeque under the following conditions:
oThe barbeque is within 20 metres of a permanent private dwelling such as a home;oThe barbeque is within a picnic area and the appliance is approved by Council, National Parks or State Forest Can I use a solid fuel barbeque, like a wood or charcoal barbeque?No.
Those bbqs are the best thing ever invented. PRAISE LEBANON

Overseas the chop it straight off the animal and chuck it straight onto the bbq... As fresh as it comes!

Upon return to the pub after the game Beers where $4.80. I asked if prices had been raised for the pre-match and this was confirmed to me by one of the bar staff.

That's really disappointing

thats farked and we should NOT go back to that slimey rip off bastard!

Thougt the 5 bucks for chips was a bit ludicrous too when there's a hungry jacks and red rooster 5 metres away.