#NoToANZ Poll

mack

Questions about ANZ/Parramatta/FFA.  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to play all regular season matches at Parramatta?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Would you feel betrayed, shocked or hurt if the club moved regular season games to ANZ against the express wishes of the community that has built the club?

• Yes.
    • No.
  3. 3. Should the FFA & Damien de Bohun stop interfering with the running of the club, leaving it to the likes of Lyall Gorman?

• Yes.
    • No.
  4. 4. Do you feel the club would be betraying it's community ideals to move regular season games to ANZ?

• Yes.
    • No.
  5. 5. If the club/FFA ignores community wishes with matches at ANZ, do you feel that it could lead to the club ignoring other important community lead aspects of the Wanderers?

• Yes.
    • No.

great topic post thread Mack. I believe as many others by just simply FFA getting a taste of ANZ may lead to a pandoras box, and as pointed out can domino effect into the FFA also changing other aspects of what made our club so unique that gave us hope this was a community club built from ground up and not just another rushed up franchise with no thought.

Lol nice push poll mack.

Our community has repeatedly expressed a collective desire to not play any matches at ANZ stadium during the regular season.

There have been three polls on this issue in the past and the numbers against playing any matches at ANZ were 75% to 80% depending on exactly which poll it was.

At the community forums it was constantly reiterated that people preferred to build our club at Parramatta Stadium including playing Derby matches, with the viewpoint to making a membership a high priority.

The club has constantly talked about listening to it's members.

And now the FFA see that after the club and supporters and players put in all the hard work, to build the club where it is now, that the FFA suddenly want to get greedy (remember, the FFA haven't spent a cent from most reports, they used the Government funding to pay for the club so far) and forcibly move matches away from ANZ against the 75 to 80% wishes of the community here, and the near exclusive desires of the community forums taken prior to the club being created, during the first season and held over the last month.

This isn't a push poll. This is a poll that represents the starting position that has been constantly reinforced. Every single time I've asked the question.

If people don't agree, they can vote no to whichever questions they don't agree with.

No, no and no to ANZ stadium! It's a horrible venue at a horrible location. There's like what? 1 pub, who's going to go there? Sydney or Wanderers fans? There will be a dogfight for that first of all and getting there via public transport is bad enough. I can't imagine how much of a hassle it is if we were to negotiate how many instruments we could take in there, assuming that they as well have a no instrument policy. Atmosphere will be sucked away by that soulless stadium, and I don't want us changing venues just so the FFA or so can make an extra dollar on us fans. Keep it at our respective home grounds, let the atmosphere grow organically rather than jumping the gun and creating a plastic one.

The sooner that we're out of the hands of the FFA and people like Damien De Bullshit, the better.

• Do you want to play all regular season matches at Parramatta?

Gee.... 27 rounds of matches is a lot of matches to host. Maybe just all of our home games?

• Would you feel betrayed, shocked or hurt if the club moved regular season games to ANZ against the express wishes of the community that has built the club?

I'm open to a Home (Parra) - Neutral (ANZ) - Away (Allianz) for Derby games only. 

• Should the FFA & Damien de Bohun stop interfering with the running of the club, leaving it to the likes of Lyall Gorman?

It's FFA's competition. We only participate in it. If our license says 13 games at Pirtek Stadium, then FFA should comply. If FFA say all Derby's at ANZ, that would be directly against what might be in our license agreement. It's up to Lyall to ensure that FFA and DdB keep their ends of the bargain. If they negotiate a home - neutral - away for future seasons, I would be satisfied. Anything outside that, FFA can go EAD.

• Do you feel the club would be betraying it's community ideals to move regular season games to ANZ?

Would it be FFA moving the games or WSWFC? Would WSWFC's hand be forced if upgrades to Pirtek Stadium limit stadium capacity temporarily. 

• If the club/FFA ignores community wishes with matches at ANZ, do you feel that it could lead to the club ignoring other important community lead aspects of the Wanderers?

I've dealt with this at Canterbury when we lost Belmore to Homebush and it was heartbreaking. It's only in the last two years that they've brought the team and the clubs training base back to Belmore and it's achieved immediate results. Having a trial match each year at Belmore helps but it will never be the same without having a proper matchday there. 

I would die if this happens to the Wanderers. We've set up a base at Parramatta/Blacktown. If we pack up and move to Homebush we may as well change our Red to Orange and call us the Giants. 

ANZ is only good for Major Events... and even then, it's still not good enough.

I'd also prefer that games be played at Parra but playing devils advocate if there's a demand (for tickets) shouldn't the club provide (more?) and wouldn't the club get a lot more $$$ if we sold out ANZ also just think of the publicity from that...

Wanderers shine in front of biggest A-League crowd - Sokkah hooligans burn down Olympic icon....

I'd also prefer that games be played at Parra but playing devils advocate if there's a demand (for tickets) shouldn't the club provide (more?) and wouldn't the club get a lot more $$$ if we sold out ANZ also just think of the publicity from that...

Wanderers shine in front of biggest A-League crowd - Sokkah hooligans burn down Olympic icon....

why does the club need more money?

why does the club need more money?

Banking for the future. Ono and Hersi won't be around forever. We'll be behind the rest of the A-League if we aren't thinking about our future Marquee signings. 

Ffa hands off thanks.Only thing I wouldn't mind is 1 derby game with split revenue, but Anz is poor for viewing unless you get sideline seats.Ffa built the club on community input and they should keep listening to there paying fans.

It also might come down to New owners wanting $$$ return for funding the club.We need to stay at Parra for future upgrades to happenfor bboth duel tenants.I'd hope the deal with Parramatta stadium prevents us from moving and a longer deal should be in place to lobby governments for upgrades.We still need to see the results of our current finished upgrades and raised capacity

Another bad point about anz is transport and infrustructure around stadium, especially Friday afternoon's which makes traffic bad.The amount of money we pump into Parramatta area is good for its local businesses, plus we would lose the march.

And what if we did move and team is playing poorly and only get small crowds then were stuck with a deal with anz soulless stadium.

The power should be in the clubs hands which would know best not Ffa trying to capitalise on our success. Just hope we get good owners that listen.

Ffa also need to give club owners full ownership rights without needing to extend license

Since dopes like Damien de Bohun can't get their greedy claws off the Wanderers, and are going to try and force us to play regular season matches at ANZ, which totally goes against the will of the people, I figure we need yet another poll on the issue.

Bahahaha.... As sson as I saw the article, I could hear you grinding your teeth... :rofl:

No, no and no to ANZ stadium! It's a horrible venue at a horrible location. There's like what? 1 pub, who's going to go there? Sydney or Wanderers fans? There will be a dogfight for that first of all and getting there via public transport is bad enough. I can't imagine how much of a hassle it is if we were to negotiate how many instruments we could take in there, assuming that they as well have a no instrument policy. Atmosphere will be sucked away by that soulless stadium, and I don't want us changing venues just so the FFA or so can make an extra dollar on us fans. Keep it at our respective home grounds, let the atmosphere grow organically rather than jumping the gun and creating a plastic one.

The sooner that we're out of the hands of the FFA and people like Damien De Bullshit, the better.

With the beer situation they would like you to go to their many bars in their stadium for beer. (Insert sydney FC fan)

It wouldn't take a genious to know what the new sponsors of Pirtek Stadium along with other major sponsors, would think about having the biggest game of the year moved. I dare say that there would be greater implications than just pissing off the majority of our fans.

Edited by TonyAnstee

I voted yes to the first question. This doesn't mean that i would be upset if there was a community round though.....

I just put a post on 442 about the possibility of the FFA making one of the derbies a community round game.  I would grudgingly accept this provided the funds did not go to the FFA but were targeted to something like a reduction in registration fees for junior players in NSW.

Congratulations Mack! You have just elevated yourself to poster boy status in NRL and AFL offices! They will be laughing with glee and relief right now. Not even a week after a sell out crowd of 40,000+ at Allianz and media support and statements of our emergence of the sort that our game has never received before, you and a few others want to see us permanently restrained within our shoebox.

To draw an analogy, it is like marrying the fashion equivalent of Imelda Marcos, then expecting her to fit all her shoes and outfits in your bachelor cupboard, when she wants and needs a large walk-in robe. Last weekend was supposed to be a turning point, but those with a blanket 'No to ANZ' a trying to turn back the clock and pretend that the weekend never existed.

Our club is the single greatest weapon that FFA have in elevating and promoting the game we purport to love. Momentum is a powerful tool in marketing and just as it is said that a week is a long time in politics, it can also be in public perception and enthusiasm. I firmly believe that the Jan 11 2014 home game should have been shifted to ANZ, giving us every chance to shatter the A-League all-time attendance record of 55,000 (and adding to our comparatively small home average attendance). With some extra promotion, I am sure we would have done this. Are the RBB really such a bunch of pussies that they would run from the challenge of ANZ? If anyone can provide atmosphere in that venue we can!

We have sold out every home game so far and look like doing so for the rest of the season at Parra/Pirtek. No business in the world worth its salt would not try to take advantage of significant excess demand for (at least one of) their products. What is offered in terms of development of Parra/Pirtek is nice, but it is also small and glacial in its application. This club and its support is growing far quicker - the game needs this pace to be maintained.

Ideally, I think many people would love to see a Lowy Arena, but that is not for us to decide or dictate. If organisations do not grow and evolve they run the risk of stagnating and eventually decaying. I think our home derby at ANZ is a very reasonable and appropriate move. Then again, if we could sell out ANZ every home game, would you be against that too?

We are currently owned by the FFA (and indirectly the Football Family) and owe it to those who dedicate many hours each week for the love of our game, right around the country, not to put a lid on their dreams and the game's growth prospects.

I cant support a move to the Olympic stadium for all the reasons already stated on here. What i can do is demonstrate my anger by not attending any regular season matches there even though they would be included in my season ticket costs.

queue all the "how can you call yourself a supporter' replies

For the first question, I wish you also had an option for in 1 regular season game at ANZ vs Sydney FC.

So I had to pick no :(

Other than that ALL games are to be at Parramatta! even the Semi's!

Yep, same here. When you set up a poll you need to give viable options so you can compare the result even if it is a landslide one way or another. This poll just leads it in one direction which is the direction the majority will want but doesn't give the option as mentioned above.

Edited by WSWBoro

Just curious, but wouldn't our club get most of the profits if we moved it to ANZ? I read that the last Sydney derby generated around half a million for Sydney fc and ANZ could potentially give our club almost a million, which would be massive boost to anything our club was trying to achieve, like more stadium upgrades and such

Just curious, but wouldn't our club get most of the profits if we moved it to ANZ? I read that the last Sydney derby generated around half a million for Sydney fc and ANZ could potentially give our club almost a million, which would be massive boost to anything our club was trying to achieve, like more stadium upgrades and such

But why would we need to upgrade when there is a huge stadium for us to use whenever there is a big game? <--- Says everyone after we move a game there.

Not a fan of the poll question options. They appear to be biased and leading questions.

Mack you should add another question at the very least:

"If the majority of Wanderers members were consulted on and supported a proposal to move the Sydney Derby to ANZ stadium, should the game be moved?"

Actually, i think I'll just start my own thread and poll for this one and only question.

Mack you should add another question:

"If the majority of Wanderers members were consulted on and supported a proposal to move the Sydney Derby to ANZ stadium, should the game be moved?"

Definitely not a swipe at your specific post but, they've all had their opportunity to speak up at every fan forum.

The decision was no to ANZ.