Are our goal nets too deep?

JamCal

Are our goal nets too deep?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Are our goal nets too deep?

• Yes.
    • No I like them the way they are.
    • I really don't care, why are you even thinking about this?

Is it only me who thinks our goal nets are 1-2m too deep? To me, this makes stunning goals look slightly less impressive. Tomi's goal on the weekend for instance, should have rifled straight into the bottom corner, but just kind of hit the sidenet and rolled around... Ono's goal in the top corner last year suffered the same fate... I think if the nets were just slightly shallower, a lot of our goals would seem far more impressive... I just don't understand why they're so much deeper than any that I've seen in other leagues... 

Maybe replace with hard nets a la ice hockey? I'm sure that'll give off a spectacular impression.

Nah there's nothing better than the perfect rustle of the back of the net. Its just by the time it reaches the back of our net its lost all its pace. 

Maybe replace with hard nets a la ice hockey? I'm sure that'll give off a spectacular impression.

Nah there's nothing better than the perfect rustle of the back of the net. Its just by the time it reaches the back of our net its lost all its pace. 

how many times you hear the perfect rustle of the net this season jamcal?  :cheeky:

how many times you hear the perfect rustle of the net this season jamcal?  :cheeky:

Plenty, when I was playing in defence ;)

Plenty, when I was playing in defence ;)

hahaha

During your highly important meeting with Shaun could you raise a point for me?

I think it would be totally sweet if the posts that hold the (extremely deep) net were red and black. (This is a legit suggestion)

YWwm20El.jpg

Here is the evidence I'd like to produce to support this cause.

Our nets:

1350749359-aleague-derby-western-sydney-

Barcelona's nets:

camp-nou-stadium-picture-barcelona-spain

If we want to be taken seriously as a power in world football we need to copy the greats and have shallower nets.