ATB Podcast S02E05: Receipt, Deceit, But No Defeat

The fifth episode of the second season of award winning podcast "Around The Bloc" is now available.

The podcast now has a website! AroundTheBloc.com.au

With Speccy benched the ATB Podcast is down to 4 men this week. TomiGun© put 2 away at home against the Reds whilst Polenz was lucky that only Adelaide’s secondary kit colour featured amongst the cards shown to him on Friday night. Cop Watch is back unfortunately, due to fear of a receipt roll planet. ATBTalkback reveals the pep talks that Wanderers fans would use to pump up the team. The ATB tipping comp receives a shake up. Finally, the W-League returns with a double header featuring the WanderWomen and the WanderKids of the National Youth League at Marconi.

All this and more, on this week’s edition of Around the Bloc.

Season 3: Episode 5 is available at the ATB website as well as iTunes.

To download from the ATB website, find the download link below the embedded player, right click and select "SAVE AS".

Click here to view the article

Hahaha you have to actually listen to it to get it I suppose, AEK

You guys do a great job with the "bad cops" segment....

... how pathetic is it that it needs to exist?!

Seriously can't wait to get rid of it, it's so much more fun just taking the piss for an hour and a half, but I guess you get a lot of people on social media who blend in with the rest, so I guess having it on the podcast highlights it a bit more as a pressing issue. 

It'll be nice to go to the football one day and feel safe again, but that won't happen til the 'peacekeepers' go away

That Simpsons quote was complete luck. I had the Simpsons on in the background on the weekend on Fox8 and that episode was on. Saw the scene, immediately thought of Cop Watch. Next day, Receiptgate happens.

The rest is history.

And Shakey has been trying to educate the twitterverse on how to Dale for about 12 months haha. If she couldn't get it right, no one can!

Was pretty funny watching her air drum when she was singing though haha

Shakey's dale was epic! She sung it like an actual singer, tune and everything. Brilliant. 

I'm waiting for the day that we do this in a pub and the whole chant gets going. Either that, or someone goes 'OI! DONT START YOUR OWN CHANTS!'

My Dale was epic.. until my voice gave in :(

Btw, that was the best Chief Wigum intro featuring Lisa  :rofl: 

Oh, let Ivan swear! Let Ivan swear!

Sorry Nick - Shakey's Dale is a class above all.

If Cop Watch wasn't real - it would be hilarious... It's just disturbing now.

My Dale was of European quality, her's was of South American brilliance  :xbop: hahaha.

Around the Bloc...you guys actually present a well balanced approach to all things football and Wanderers...I love Steve, man I love how you dig in and fight for your rights..and everyone else s. Great humor and satire, keep up the good work, I wish you guys could go more mainstream, I would rather listen to you guys than watch Thursday FC...Thanks for your passion, you are the voice of the many and you do a great job of presenting the relevant issues with class and objectivity..well done..

I work within a large organisation with many people from all walks of life. I sit (stand) in the Eastern stands with 13 of my family, and my boss sits two rows down who is the director of the Department from which I work, and we have both said how proud we are to be from western Sydney..we are the new cool in sport..This isnt just a battle with the perceptions of NRL AFL popularity, its am acknowledgement of the fact Western Sydney is really an economic, social, sporting and cultural power in its own right, and that is a bitter pill for many to swallow, but choke on it they will...

There's also the fact that we're a pretty niche market. Although we record for the second largest membership base (and obviously those who are fans outside the membership base), it's still essentially all about one subject. Until WSWTV becomes it's own TV channel, I daresay we'll be underground for a while longer haha

Nice work on Youtubing Pistola's commentary guys. :P

One thing I found is that if just before Pistola's commentary begins, if you can find a few seconds where the Fox commentators aren't speaking - isolate it, split that part of the video and turn that section's audio up so you hear the crowd loud and clear, then when Hill/Harper starts jabbering in the next section turn it down so the Spanish commentary can overpower it.

In the vid I made I did this just before Pistola and Fox's commentary began in the lead up to the Shinjo goal and it really added something. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1accn410hk At 1.13 until the Pistola/Fox commentary  started up - I isolated that section and turned the audio up to the crowd would come through loud and clear.