Sign in to follow this  
tranquilo

Nostalgia Thread

Memories of places, things you grew up with or anything from the past that relishes in your memory.

Start of the thread i remember spending lots of cash as a kid eating these at school. Could never handle the sour lemon ones until someone taught me the trick of leaving it underneath your tongue so all the sourness disappears!

tumblr_m7c5jd7Dl11qdjuyxo1_500.png

Football (league) cards. Back in my day! 20 cents got u a pack with 5-6 cards n a stick of chewy! Back when I was younger n dumber n followed league! No offence to the league fans on here!

Ps: I was a St George fan cos first card I got was a guy called Graeme Sams .

I suspect this show heavily influenced who I am today :lol: French/Japanese cartoon about conquistadors/incas.

I hadn't seen the show since it aired in the 80s here on the abc in the arvos, got hold of a box set. The incidental music brought back overwhelming memories, absolutely killed me. And I'd forgotten, at the end of each episode there was a mini anthropology/history doco about anything that had come up in the show.

I suspect this show heavily influenced who I am today :lol: French/Japanese cartoon about conquistadors/incas.

I hadn't seen the show since it aired in the 80s here on the abc in the arvos, got hold of a box set. The incidental music brought back overwhelming memories, absolutely killed me. And I'd forgotten, at the end of each episode there was a mini anthropology/history doco about anything that had come up in the show.

far out i now remember watching this show also, but if you offered me a million bucks i would of not remember the name of the cartoon at all.

Loved this show.

There is apparently a new series that was made a year or two ago, I don't know if I should watch it.

Ahahaha I remember this!

Also this:

monkey-aka-monkey-magic.jpg

he-man.jpg

Most of you youngsters wouldn't remember but we used to have a firecracker night. Some of the stuff you could buy back then was unreal, like throw downs, butterflies, parachutes and 10 ball shooters.  I had numerous close calls :D

I remember it jukes. Bonfire night it was called in my neck of the woods then (mountains). Remember dad explaining why it was not happening any more :lol:

Wasnt fire cracker night on the Queens Birthday?

I remember setting them off in the back yard and going down to the local park where a bonfire was lit by people on the area.

It was things like that that created a community feel.

Before sh it became over regulated to the point that you need a permit just to sneeze.

Wasnt fire cracker night on the Queens Birthday?

I remember setting them off in the back yard and going down to the local park where a bonfire was lit by people on the area.

It was things like that that created a community feel.

Before sh it became over regulated to the point that you need a permit just to sneeze.

Yep, June long w/end. Those of us older farts will remember Bungers,Penny Bungers n Tom Thumbs too! Sky Rockets was another one, had a small plastic soldier that would parachute back down after it had detonated in the sky! Great days, great memories.Now it's a cotton wool society .U guys remember the merry go rounds in the park? Run as fast as u can holding on n pushing it, then jump on! Weeeeee! So what if there was the occasional broken arm/leg? U learnt quick n were a little more careful next time.Nowdays it's all about sitting on ur arrse n tweeting , Facebook crap like that. No more broken bones , just psychological problems from being told you've got a fat arrse! or you're not coming out with us cos Bethany doesn't like you cos u bought the same dress as her!!! FFS!!!!!!!

Rant over

I remember fun being holding someone locked inside a perspex phone booth then letting off a 20 shooter from underneath the door as the fireworks sprayed and burnt everything inside. Gun powder packed into copper tubes helped keep ER wards busy on Queens Birthday long weekends. Then again I remember TV Week and TV Times posters when cool was Skyhooks and mainstream was Sherbert. Then I remember Shoot and Commando magazines and wrestling with Mario Milano, Terry O'Dea and Andre the Giant. I also remember talking louder during overseas phone-calls. Who started this thread.  

Talking louder :lol:

Woc my bonfire nights were similar, think the laws were already changed maybe? I don't know.

Memories of places, things you grew up with or anything from the past that relishes in your memory.

Start of the thread i remember spending lots of cash as a kid eating these at school. Could never handle the sour lemon ones until someone taught me the trick of leaving it underneath your tongue so all the sourness disappears!

H2.jpg

I remember at a party trying to down about 20 of those. My jaw practically tightened and I was dying all night

I remember fun being holding someone locked inside a perspex phone booth then letting off a 20 shooter from underneath the door as the fireworks sprayed and burnt everything inside. Gun powder packed into copper tubes helped keep ER wards busy on Queens Birthday long weekends. Then again I remember TV Week and TV Times posters when cool was Skyhooks and mainstream was Sherbert. Then I remember Shoot and Commando magazines and wrestling with Mario Milano, Terry O'Dea and Andre the Giant. I also remember talking louder during overseas phone-calls. Who started this thread.

I remember watching the wrestling on 9 just after Joe the Gadget Man or Reg Lindsay's country hour? They used to match up 3 midgets (vertically challenged!) against Andre! Lol Anyways ah the memories ! Bullens Animal World , African Lion Safari ...

"At dinner time, the tv was always turned down."

Families gathered around their one idiot box at prime time.... Times gone by!

My babysitter was on "perfect match" one time.

Ok I am showing my age here but I remember Xmas and Easter for the whole week leading up you had xmas/easter kids shows in the morning and often at night the movies.

I remember for a few years they would run yogis xmas special followed by the flinstones xmas special followed by (wait for it) He-Man xmas special.

Why is it that nastalgia creates such a sweet melancholy? Happiness and sadness in equal quantaties.

Life seemed simpler. Life felt less mundane. You were young with the world at your feet and so much promise.... But you can't go back. They are lost times and moments.

Nostalgia affects me a lot more than it should.... I get a nostalgic reaction about things I never experienced myself, it doesn't take much to set me off.

Ok I am showing my age here but I remember Xmas and Easter for the whole week leading up you had xmas/easter kids shows in the morning and often at night the movies.

I remember for a few years they would run yogis xmas special followed by the flinstones xmas special followed by (wait for it) He-Man xmas special.

Coming from a big Catholic family, my mum always made sure there was a Jesus movie on during those times, particularly lunch time on Good Friday.

Life seemed simpler. Life felt less mundane. You were young with the world at your feet and so much promise.... But you can't go back. They are lost times and moments.

Nostalgia affects me a lot more than it should.... I get a nostalgic reaction about things I never experienced myself, it doesn't take much to set me off.

Yeah I remember going to visit people wothout calling before hand. Neighbours were a lot more social.

Now technology drives us away from social interraction. People try to get meaningful relationships through facebook.

Money not community is the centre of security.

But just remember "if you are depressed you are living in the past, if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace you are living in the present"

Edited by westofcentre

There is still a Henny Penny at Raymond terrace.

Okay 80s kids

LOAD"MENU",8,1

Cassette tape??  The Lion King Soundtrack?? 

Hello '90s!!

U2S3KE8.jpg

Please dont devalue the jersey like that ;)

Okay 80s kids

LOAD"MENU",8,1

10 File " you suck!!!"

20 goto 10

RUN

:cheeky:

Okay 80s kids

LOAD"MENU",8,1

10 File " you suck!!!"

20 goto 10

RUN

:cheeky:

Ahahahahaha floppy disk

Megan your floppy disks were hard in the 90s werent they. WTF.