Nostalgia Thread

Life seemed simpler. Life felt less mundane. You were young with the world at your feet and so much promise.... But you can't go back. They are lost times and moments.Nostalgia affects me a lot more than it should.... I get a nostalgic reaction about things I never experienced myself, it doesn't take much to set me off.

Yeah I remember going to visit people wothout calling before hand. Neighbours were a lot more social.Now technology drives us away from social interraction. People try to get meaningful relationships through facebook.Money not community is the centre of security.But just remember "if you are depressed you are living in the past, if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace you are living in the present"
"Present is the time including all times, each second is eternity as eternity is now, and now is forever."
Croar, did you just return from hyperspace on a businessman's lunch trip? Did you meet Terence McKenna there?

If by hyperspace you mean my bedroom, and by businessmens lunch trip you mean an egg and aioli sandwich, and by Terence McKenna you mean song lyrics by band Samael, then yes.

Hmmmm... possibly :ninja:

What about these... my childhood!!

tmnt.jpg

Man, I was so obsessed with TMNT. I was such a little merchandise whore, too. Throughout the years 4-9 I amassed quite the collection: multiple figurines, shoes, school bag, multiple t-shirts, a plastic sewer system, TMNT coin collection and plenty more sh*t I can't remember.

So who was everyone's favourite? For me, it was Leonardo, who many people couldn't stand. He had swords and was the leader.

Also...

coat12.jpg

Edited by Carns

tmnt.jpg

Man, I was so obsessed with TMNT. I was such a little merchandise whore, too. Throughout the years 4-9 I amassed quite the collection: multiple figurines, shoes, school bag, multiple t-shirts, a plastic sewer system, TMNT coin collection and plenty more sh*t I can't remember.

So who was everyone's favourite? For me, it was Leonardo, who many people couldn't stand. He had swords and was the leader.

Also...coat12.jpg

Raphael! Wore red! Leonardo wore blue ;)

tmnt.jpg

Also...coat12.jpg

Raphael! Wore red! Leonardo wore blue ;)

Leonardo leads Donatello does machines!

Raphael is cool but rude, Michelangelo is a party dude!

Pre-puberty Transformers cartoons, monkey magic and detachable toe then tmnt, bangers and mash, pinky and the brain.Anyone remember bike boy from hey hey it's Saturday.

Puberty-crush and all under 18's parties :woah:

Red symonds: (does devil horns and holds up a 10): bike boy!

I saw bike boy busk before he was cool... :lol:

I had some transformers but didn't have lots of toys (them days were hard :lol:). One of my mates had heaps, another had the full voltron set which I was jealous of, another had most of the Star Wars gear including the millennium falcon, another had all the ghostbusters stuff. I had rockem sockem Paul Keating and bob hawke dolls. Caught a little tmnt fever but we had moved overseas for a bit so kind of missed it really, next thing, I'm wearing a hyper colour t-shirt, and being set upon by bombers.

Bangers and mash

Bangers and mash

The chimps are imps there ain't no doubt

Bangers and mash

Bangers and mash

I ain't a kiddin you them two keep monkeyin about they do

:lol:

Other afternoon honourable mentions must go to roger ramjet, the ratties narrated by spike Milligan, alias the jester (the jester... The jester....), fat tulips garden with tony Robinson, Tom bakers dr who followed by the goodies, superted, bananaman... Gumby...

Kaboodle! Anyone remember this? Some of those episodes freaked me out, there was one with underground tree people....

Yes, monkey magic of course.

I'm going to stop now before I get too carried away :lol:

All of these and more deserve greater discussion :lol:

**** me lol some great flash backs.

Rock em sockem puppets. I had richard nixon and someone else I cant remember.

I remember the arm broke and he kept punching himself in the head.

Lol hyper colour t-shirts!

Anyone have the old LA Gear shoes that had the pump on the toungue?

Oh oh and Itty Bitty bins!

Reebok pumps for basketball I think and I remember having a pair .lol just remembered I've still got boxes of nba basketball, rugby league and cricket cards stored away somewhere

So many flashbacks from this thread

Lol Wonder world and Totally wild.

I remmember watching Agro and Ann Marie screaming innocently as a kid.

It wasnt until I got older that I realised the guy controlling Agro was pinching Anne Maries ass under the table.

Remember the dog (Rommel) they had on the show for a while. One day he attacked Agro on air. You never saw him again lol.

Edited by westofcentre

What a NICE thread!!

My mind is pretty blank relating to childhood - except I grew up near the coast, and back then, I didn't see the sun as an enemy, and  a sun tan wasn't  a form of skin damage :( Summer was bare feet, the occasional bindi?  the taste of salt water and the smell of white zinc cream.

As far as tele from the past goes...as I think about it, nothing has the same impact in terms of making me nostalgic as Monty Python  (apparently touring next year I think I heard..)

PS There isn't a lot about life in 2013 I wouldn't swap for life in decades gone by. The Wanderers are truly about the only improvement in my quality of life in recent times.

What a NICE thread!!

My mind is pretty blank relating to childhood - except I grew up near the coast, and back then, I didn't see the sun as an enemy, and  a sun tan wasn't  a form of skin damage :( Summer was bare feet, the occasional bindi?  the taste of salt water and the smell of white zinc cream.

As far as tele from the past goes...nothing had the same impact as Monty Python  (apparently touring next year I think I heard..)

PS There isn't a lot about life in 2013 I wouldn't swap for life in decades gone by. The Wanderers is truly about the only improvement in my quality of life in recent times.

Near the coast as in ESFC territory? ;)

What a NICE thread!!

As far as tele from the past goes...nothing had the same impact as Monty Python  (apparently touring next year I think I heard..)

PS There isn't a lot about life in 2013 I wouldn't swap for life in decades gone by. The Wanderers are truly about the only improvement in my quality of life in recent times.

;)   I've confessed this a few times  before on these forums....grew up on the Northern Beaches. :pardon: Don't hold that against me WoC!!  Stereotypes of all sorts are ....silly!!

What a NICE thread!!

;)   I've confessed this a few times  before on these forums....grew up on the Northern Beaches. :pardon: Don't hold that against me WoC!!  Stereotypes of all sorts are ....silly!!

Oh, how long have you been in the Hills for anyway?? :)

What a NICE thread!!

Oh, how long have you been in the Hills for anyway?? :)

Twenty years...before that Guildford...when I taught in that area.

What a NICE thread!!

Im too simple not to use stereotypes.

It helps me box people in. I have baggage I just make them carry it ;)

What a NICE thread!!

As far as tele from the past goes...as I think about it, nothing has the same impact in terms of making me nostalgic as Monty Python  (apparently touring next year I think I heard..)

Im too simple not to use stereotypes.

It helps me box people in. I have baggage I just make them carry it ;)

You don't seem at all "simple"  from what I read of your posts on a whole range of issues WoC!  Sure there are some generalisations that can MAYBE  SOMETIMES be made about broad groups of people.   I have these stereotypical notions about ...say ...Coalition politicians, as you may remember from the Clive Palmer thread.  But on the whole, people are surprising, and not all that easy to "box" I think.