Nostalgia Thread

What a NICE thread!!

My mind is pretty blank relating to childhood - except I grew up near the coast, and back then, I didn't see the sun as an enemy, and  a sun tan wasn't  a form of skin damage :( Summer was bare feet, the occasional bindi?  the taste of salt water and the smell of white zinc cream.

As far as tele from the past goes...nothing had the same impact as Monty Python  (apparently touring next year I think I heard..)

PS There isn't a lot about life in 2013 I wouldn't swap for life in decades gone by. The Wanderers are truly about the only improvement in my quality of life in recent times.

Near the coast as in ESFC territory? ;)

;)   I've confessed this a few times  before on these forums....grew up on the Northern Beaches. :pardon: Don't hold that against me WoC!!  Stereotypes of all sorts are ....silly!!

Im too simple not to use stereotypes.

It helps me box people in. I have baggage I just make them carry it ;)

You don't seem at all "simple"  from what I read of your posts on a whole range of issues WoC!  Sure there are some generalisations that can MAYBE  SOMETIMES be made about broad groups of people.   I have these stereotypical notions about ...say ...Coalition politicians, as you may remember from the Clive Palmer thread.  But on the whole, people are surprising, and not all that easy to "box" I think.

This is true. But the fact you grew up on the Northern Beaches means we cant be friends ;)

What a NICE thread!!

My mind is pretty blank relating to childhood - except I grew up near the coast, and back then, I didn't see the sun as an enemy, and  a sun tan wasn't  a form of skin damage :( Summer was bare feet, the occasional bindi?  the taste of salt water and the smell of white zinc cream.

As far as tele from the past goes...nothing had the same impact as Monty Python  (apparently touring next year I think I heard..)

PS There isn't a lot about life in 2013 I wouldn't swap for life in decades gone by. The Wanderers are truly about the only improvement in my quality of life in recent times.

;)   I've confessed this a few times  before on these forums....grew up on the Northern Beaches. :pardon: Don't hold that against me WoC!!  Stereotypes of all sorts are ....silly!!

You don't seem at all "simple"  from what I read of your posts on a whole range of issues WoC!  Sure there are some generalisations that can MAYBE  SOMETIMES be made about broad groups of people.   I have these stereotypical notions about ...say ...Coalition politicians, as you may remember from the Clive Palmer thread.  But on the whole, people are surprising, and not all that easy to "box" I think.

This is true. But the fact you grew up on the Northern Beaches means we cant be friends ;)

Even though we both sing for Wanderers???????   :acute:

What a NICE thread!!

Even though we both sing for Wanderers???????   :acute:

Ok you convinced me. And not because I have a lack of friends!

the good old hyper colour t shirts loved them, also had to have a pair of mustard kepper pants, and yes moonrise after equinox and after wrecking down that cheap pasta downstairs at marconi for $3 bucks, the cars up at moonrise either the smell of fireworks or of green herbs in the air, the fogged up cars with chicks, it was a little escape it was sin city.

Loved Ghostbusters even had the figurines where you would press the arm of the ghostbuster and their eyes would pop out or their head would rise.

And the good old undercut. There was always some poor kid who looked like his hairdresser didn't know how to do a undercut and had just placed a bowl over his head and shaved the bottom part of. :xbop:

Romper Room! Humphrey B Bear! and here's one from the early 70's.... Skeeter the paperboy from Skeeters Cartoon Corner

Super Flying Fun Show!!!!!!!!!!!! ........ oh god please somebody stop me.....

Damn, if I wasn't on the road I'd be neck deep in this thread. jack, like me you know how good things were back in the early 70s. Humphrey B Bear with Patsy Biscoe was ***** brilliant for littlies way back then (black and white tele), and Skeeter on Cartoon Corner was well worth watching after school (Channel Nine at about 4.30pm if I remember correctly).

Now as for the Super Flying Fun Show with Miss Marilyn (Marilyn Mayo who also had a small role on The Young Doctors from vague memory) was a classic! I still remember winning a book on the Super Flying Fun Show wheel back in 71/72. There was Marty and Emu, Smokey Dawson and teh RSPCA pet of the week ("A Four legged friend, a four legged friend, he'll never let you down"), the Kaper Kops...argh...where is my lost childhood!

Okay, on a similar subject does anyone remember the Channel 10 rival show with Commander Armstrong? It was more focused on cartoons and it was basically him by himself, but it had its moments. Plus it used to flog the death out of The Magic Kingdom fun park...

Romper Room! Humphrey B Bear! and here's one from the early 70's.... Skeeter the paperboy from Skeeters Cartoon Corner

Damn, if I wasn't on the road I'd be neck deep in this thread. jack, like me you know how good things were back in the early 70s. Humphrey B Bear with Patsy Biscoe was ***** brilliant for littlies way back then (black and white tele), and Skeeter on Cartoon Corner was well worth watching after school (Channel Nine at about 4.30pm if I remember

Patsy Biscoe or PatÄ— Biscuit?

I needed menu because all my floppies were pirated with multiple games :lol:

Favourites were blue max, gyruss, up n down, spy hunter, pole position, threshold... Kung fu master... way of the exploding fist, the games series (world games was my favourite)...The list goes on. Playability on those games was through the roof!

A few years back I went back to the family home with the intention of picking up the commodore... Dad had PUT IT ON THE STREET FOR THE COUNCIL COLLECTION the week before. I was gutted.

It belongs in the tip, he says.

"It belongs, in a museum!"

Dude...EVERYONE'S C64's catalogue were pirated games haha

And studios pretend that piracy is a new thing ffs lol

Also...Duckula

Astro Boy

Edited by Erebus

for those that don't know why agro's cartoon connection got axed I believe the main reason was due to their uncut/outtakes which got stolen from a xmas party and leaked to the public.

This is hilarious! They should've just moved this to late night n it would've cleaned up!!! " Why don't blind ppl bungee jump?" Roflmao!!!

Rodney Rude!!

Damn, if I wasn't on the road I'd be neck deep in this thread. jack, like me you know how good things were back in the early 70s. Humphrey B Bear with Patsy Biscoe was ***** brilliant for littlies way back then (black and white tele), and Skeeter on Cartoon Corner was well worth watching after school (Channel Nine at about 4.30pm if I remember

Patsy Biscoe or PatÄ— Biscuit?

Glynn Nicholas! He was great as Pate , The Big Gig!! What a show, don't get why they get rid of these shows.....oh wait, yeah I do, another shiitty karaoke singing show or fattest, stop eating 20litres of ice cream per day, loser or who-can-cook-the-best-dog turd-roll etc etc etc!

Here's a few to get us oldies' juices flowing :

Phantom Agents! Driving around in a Toyota Crown! Lol , jumping backwards up into trees!!

The Samurai - "Shintaro!"

The Littlest Hobo

and last but not least........Skippy!!!!

I still tape this sometimes for nostalgia! .....and Clancy.......

yes I know, creepy dirty old man lol