Sign in to follow this  
tranquilo

Nostalgia Thread

I was digging out the wardrobe yesterday and came across my old running medals, showed them to my son and he put them on. Great memories of the banter running around the road routes. You would rend to run in sync with certain people and for the few hours the people around you chatted and encouraged those struggling, banter from the spectators also...happy times.

See the source image

22 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Smoggy in Newcastle. Hehehe.

I ran it once it a Boro shirt :D Was a bit vocal running through the South Shields residential streets towards the end :D All good fun though.

Edited by Smoggy

3 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Smoggy in Newcastle. Hehehe.

Isn't it always like that there?

This is a fella from Middlesbrough that does drawings of the old Ayresome Park. It really captures what going to a night match was like. The old tin Holgate end roof peeping up, the terraced houses, the bottom of the floodlight pylon and the old turnstiles. 

Its been 25 years since Boro left and I miss the old place all the time, really do. Happiest memories of my life in that place.

Remembering Ayresome Park, 25 years after Middlesbrough's final home game  there | Yorkshire Post

Lining up for tickets

Ayresome Park, Middlesbrough | WSC Photography

Underneath the floodlight pylon, the first ever game I attended was on this part of the terrace, just down to the right as a 6 year old.

Ayresome Park High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

Big game day, a packed Holgate-

North East football fans across the years - Chronicle Live

Treat for Ed, who is prob sat in his Scotland top sinking a few whisky drams tonight, that Archie goal against the chokers.

13 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Treat for Ed, who is prob sat in his Scotland top sinking a few whisky drams tonight, that Archie goal against the chokers.

Scott was better though 

On 26/09/2020 at 12:30 PM, Smoggy said:

I ran it once it a Boro shirt :D Was a bit vocal running through the South Shields residential streets towards the end :D All good fun though.

Probably made you run faster