Jaushua Sotirio

Date Of Birth: 11/10/95
Nation: Australia
Birthplace: Sydney, Australia
Squad Number: 16
Position: Right Wing
Secondary Positions:

Joined Wanderers: 12/10/13
Contract Details: Youth League contract for season 2013/14. 1 Year contract 2014/15. 1 year extension for 2015/16. 1 year extension for 2016/17. 2 year extension until 2018/19.
Contract Finish: 2018/19
Previous Club: Marconi Stallions
Wanderers Debut: 14th December 2013 against Newcastle Jets

Wanderers A-League Appearances: 81
Wanderers A-League Goals: 11

Wanderers ACL Appearances: 6
Wanderers ACL Goals: 2

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances: 9
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances: 1
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Total Appearances: 97
Wanderers Total Goals: 13

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2013/14: 1 (0), 2014/15: 15 (1), 2015/16 22 (1), 2016/17: 26 (5), 2017/18 18 (3), 2018/19: 15 (3)

International Team: Australia
International Caps: 0
International Goals: 0

Individual Awards:

Team Honours: Asian Champions League Winner (2014).

Highlight: Scored his first goal for the club against Perth Glory on 15th November 2014.
Highlight: Was sent off in the Wanderers penalty shootout loss to the Brisbane Roar in a 2016/17 A-League elimination final, after coming on as a very late substitute he was given two yellow cards in quick succession.
Highlight:

Description: Sotirio is a pacey winger who has become a persistent option off the bench for the Wanderers while continuing to pick up the occasional goal and providing a threat in behind A-League defences. He lasted 6 seasons, scoring the occasional goal, but did not evolve his performances to become a consistent goal threat or good with the ball at his feet while running at defences. In an odd stroke, what became his final game at the Wanderers saw him score against the Central Coast Mariners. After that game he was effectively banished from the playing squad entirely before being released at the end of the season.

View full record

what we (and the league needs) more strikers who'll have a shot every game instead of trying to walk the ball into the net.

i'd even settle for strikers that know there is more to the goal than just the dead centre where the keeper is

Honestly he was pretty pants up until that shot on target, but that was a great run/shot, and you could see him grow in confidence after that, making better touches. Exciting player for the future. I can't wait until we're a club who brings through their youth players, considering western sydney is such a hotbed of young footballers.

Today he got a pretty decent full page article. Most aleague players will dream about that. Now the media is making the way for him. Together him and Marty Lo really are the centre of the future of our club

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did very well coming on against FC Seoul, I thought they would throw Fofanah on but was pleasantly surprised to see Sotirio come in and add something to the team. Im aware that coming on that late in a game can give a player an opportunity to look very good against tired legs but for a young lad to have the confidence to turn defenders the way he did a couple of times in a high pressure match says something about his belief. Looking forward to some of these kids coming through this season.

The A League really should be an opportunity for young players to make a name for themselves, we have seen the likes of Leckie, Kruse, Rojas, Rogic and Oar come through and make a name for themselves, you would think the home of Australian football has a young player ready to come through..

I've noticed that the females who accompany me to the games perv at him when he warms up in front of the NT. Other 'targets' of their interest are Alessi and Santalab. Looks like some of our young players have 'it' already while Brendon still has it. Mind you, he looks about 19 as well.

Nicely done FCB. Excellent cover - "the females who accompany me". I read you.

;)

I've noticed that the females who accompany me to the games perv at him when he warms up in front of the NT. Other 'targets' of their interest are Alessi and Santalab. Looks like some of our young players have 'it' already while Brendon still has it. Mind you, he looks about 19 as well.

Nicely done FCB. Excellent cover - "the females who accompany me". I read you.

;)

When it comes to football grounds the females follow my lead. It is a very different picture in shopping centres.

• 2 weeks later...