Jaushua Sotirio

mack

Took his offside goal so well makes you think how the hell did he butcher that chance against Adelaide so badly.

He was facing away from goal, so he didn't know where it was.

That's why he actually put it on target.

He knew what he was doing. Just needs to do more of it.
I thought he had a really good game, the first two games he got a lot of stick for his performance & on Saturday he changed that around in a derby of all games. I've heard kubi 2.0 thrown around but all the naysayers went very quiet after the derby which I don't like.

Okay he didn't do amazing, he wasn't a stand out or key player but he did the simple things very very well plus put away a pretty outstanding header. I give him a lot of credit for performing in such a big game. In games like this it's important that nobody is a weak link & Sotirio did very well for one of our youngsters coming through!

I've been rubbishing Sotirio's performances thus far because, well, he's been rubbish.

On Saturday his first half wasn't the best either. He was better than the last two weeks but his distribution was still poor. There was one incident that particularly stands out in the first half. The ball came to Sotirio and all he had to do was tap it into Pio's path but he lashed at it first time and the ball went straight to Janjetovic. Pio was livid at him.

Second half was a different story and I'd say that scoring the goal gave him a massive boost of confidence (even if it was disallowed). I saw him involved in some really nice one-touch play with Jamieson and his movement off the ball seemed a lot better also. He was a different footballer to the first half and that's the Sotirio we need every match day.

However, he still needs to work on his distribution

Edited by Jukes75

if Bridge is 100% fit, do you start him and bring Sotirio off the bench or vice versa?

You start with both on the bench. You would play Castelen, Nichols and Vidosic before those two

agree 100%, when this happens and if they are fit & firing as well as Pio, opposition teams will be shittin bricks.

Im under the impression that Castelan is injured and wont be available for a couple of weeks.

if Bridge is 100% fit, do you start him and bring Sotirio off the bench or vice versa?

You start with both on the bench. You would play Castelen, Nichols and Vidosic before those two

agree 100%, when this happens and if they are fit & firing as well as Pio, opposition teams will be shittin bricks.

Im under the impression that Castelan is injured and wont be available for a couple of weeks.

Yes agree as well but does Gol Gol go ahead of Sotirio or Bridge? Tough question!

Now Castelen is injured, Sotirio still plays but Bridge comes on for him at 55mins on the weekend. If bridge gets through that, then I'd start him but put Gol Gol ahead of Soririo when fit.

Yes agree as well but does Gol Gol go ahead of Sotirio or Bridge? Tough question!

Now Castelen is injured, Sotirio still plays but Bridge comes on for him at 55mins on the weekend. If bridge gets through that, then I'd start him but put Gol Gol ahead of Soririo when fit.

Can't be long now before Sotirio is benched. Last night proved why he should be lower on the pecking order and why Bridge should start in place of him. The midfield had more purpose and direction.

Slight tangent but am I the only one who thinks Sotirio is too nice?  An example was in I think it was the Brisbane game where he was taken out in the box and had a very legit claim, instead he shook hands with the guy who tackled him and walked off without a murmur.  Even the TV commentators were surprised at how well he took it as he had a real case.  Then a few mins later was brought down hard again by the same player and got up with a "but I thought we were friends after I didn't complain last time" type look on his face.  In the derby I think it was Ryall that brought him down quite hard, Sotirio gets up and looks almost like he is apologising to Ryall for the inconvenience he has caused him by going down.  Seems to always be a bit starstruck by his opponents.

Slight tangent but am I the only one who thinks Sotirio is too nice?  An example was in I think it was the Brisbane game where he was taken out in the box and had a very legit claim, instead he shook hands with the guy who tackled him and walked off without a murmur.  Even the TV commentators were surprised at how well he took it as he had a real case.  Then a few mins later was brought down hard again by the same player and got up with a "but I thought we were friends after I didn't complain last time" type look on his face.  In the derby I think it was Ryall that brought him down quite hard, Sotirio gets up and looks almost like he is apologising to Ryall for the inconvenience he has caused him by going down.  Seems to always be a bit starstruck by his opponents.

don't think he's starstruck, think maybe its a case of he's used to being smashed week in, week out.

• 1 month later...

Unless it doesn't. Just at WSW alone we've had players like Barresi, Kwabena, Marty Lo, Caira, Kuzi, Tahj Minniecon, Perkatis all look like doing something, but then not. Giving someone gametime is no guarantee of improvement, he's 20 years old so arguably he's beyond the 'development' stage and now needs to be able to contribute to the first team. Which he has done pretty much once in nearly 30 games over 2 years.

Unless it doesn't. Just at WSW alone we've had players like Barresi, Kwabena, Marty Lo, Caira, Kuzi, Tahj Minniecon, Perkatis all look like doing something, but then not. Giving someone gametime is no guarantee of improvement, he's 20 years old so arguably he's beyond the 'development' stage and now needs to be able to contribute to the first team. Which he has done pretty much once in nearly 30 games over 2 years.

Totally understand Mack but with the development of the young players of the future, when the  Academy is up and running proper, I'm not too sure we would like to be known as the Football school with a revolving door policy. Yes. it's cut throat with many not making it but finding a nice balance would be a very tough gig also.

Was it Sotirio in the final few minutes who got into the clear with the keeper to beat so pinned his ears back, picked up the pace...

... and swerved and ran straight at the corner flag instead?

Yep that was him... Needs blinkers...  :ninja:

Time to move on.

Nope, disagree. Start of the season you could see what happens when you put together a number of games together & playing consistently. I thought he was looking good but as soon as Vidosic, Bridge & Castelen become fit again, he was never going to start ahead of those players.

The last game he played was at striker against CCM which was never going to work & then he gets 10 minutes last night which is hard to make your mark when we were essentially trying to kill the pace/speed of the game. How is he supposed to shine when he can't get on the park? I think there has been some improvement in the kid & as long as he is always improving/developing or at least getting better I see no reason to let him go.

There are plenty of comparisons to Kubi, but I think he has a very different attitude but he must improve otherwise popa will let him go for the youngsters coming through. If I was him, I'd be worried about guys like Shabow or MacDonald taking his spot.

• 4 weeks later...

Called into AFC U23 squad to replace Ikonomediediesisies.

Good experience for the young kid, but I feel like it is a waste of time. Being the last choice in a 19/20 man squad means he will hardly get a run out!

he was last picked yes - but he's replacing a player who would have been easily one of the first picked - so there's a good chance he'd get some game time.

Called into AFC U23 squad to replace Ikonomediediesisies.

Good experience for the young kid, but I feel like it is a waste of time. Being the last choice in a 19/20 man squad means he will hardly get a run out!

he was last picked yes - but he's replacing a player who would have been easily one of the first picked - so there's a good chance he'd get some game time.

Going to an international tournament and being in camp with the team is never a waste of time. The experience gained will help the kid.