Favourite Monty Python Scenes

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those who have Netflix, Monty Python has been newly added./

I had a quick look and it doesn't look like the original series is there, just the specials (Live At Aspen, Personal Best, The Meaning of Live etc) plus some (all?) of the movies.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 07/02/2019 at 7:30 PM, Erimus said:

ahhh, got some bad news for you Wendy, that is my least fave Python thing of all time....just never that keen on that movie. Maybe it because it brings back memories have having the flu one Christmas in the 90's and I remember watching this whilst puking in to a bucket.....

What?!?!

Yeah, people will say that Life of Brian is more cohesive blah blah, but Holy Grail is just downright funny from start to finish. I'd actually say - sorry Wendy! - the Knights of the Round Table is the least funny skit of a hilarious set of skits that form the movie. From the opening Llama credits and first scene - "you're using coconuts" - it's non stop wacky genius.

5 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Bookmarked for future watchage!

Well worth it, btron!

Not sure when it was made (fairly recent I guess) - the voice over commentary is that dreary stuck up voice of something made in the 50s....but it traces their childhood, education,  and how they all found their way together.....in a way that's fascinating.

Well - it's just a fascinating story of a powerhouse group of people, really.

• 1 month later...
On 24/11/2018 at 8:47 AM, Kitto said:

Anyone else have a copy of this record?

I used to have this originally on cassette, and the version I owned first on release (back in 1980) was a special one as it included the track 'A Farewell to John Denver'. This was removed due to legal issues in follow up productions of the album, but is of course available now via the interweb:

Sadly my original cassette copy went astray at uni and when I replaced it all I could get was the 'censored' version.

My mates and I in college at UNE used to use the opening song 'Sit on My Face' as the anthem of our drinking club. Basic rules were we'd convene a meeting of EPSDS (Earle Page Slow Drinking Society) then when everyone was present we play the song, singing along to it, then skull whatever we were drinking at the song's end. From memory I was into Reschs, followed by a detour into Ouzo & Coke, before quaffing McWilliams Royal Reserve Port.

Good memories

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh no..not Terry Jones :(

I put Python up there for cultural influence and originality with the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. For me it is like losing a big band member from that time, they influenced so much of what followed.

Jones and Palin were a fantastic team in their own right ( Ripping Yarns for example is very good and underrated). Phyton wasnt always them all working together..there was an Oxford / Cambridge split and Jones plus Palin wrote together since uni days.

What an awful way to go also from this horrible rare form of dementia.

Very sad....but well might have some spam, spam, spam and more spam with an extra helping of spam for dinner in his honour tonight.

Rest easy TJ god you made me laugh.

3 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Oh no..not Terry Jones :(

I put Python up there for cultural influence and originality with the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. For me it is like losing a big band member from that time, they influenced so much of what followed.

Jones and Palin were a fantastic team in their own right ( Ripping Yarns for example is very good and underrated). Phyton wasnt always them all working together..there was an Oxford / Cambridge split and Jones plus Palin wrote together since uni days.

What an awful way to go also from this horrible rare form of dementia.

Very sad....but well might have some spam, spam, spam and more spam with an extra helping of spam for dinner in his honour tonight.

Rest easy TJ god you made me laugh.

That's a lovely and well deserved tribute, Smoggy.

Make sure you pass on your appreciation/love to your lad!

:(:(

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

That's a lovely and well deserved tribute, Smoggy.

Make sure you pass on your appreciation/love to your lad!

:(:(

Funny you should say that. Over xmas i watched the life of brian with him for the first time. Bit youg to pick up on some of the jokes but he is still laughing now about Pain's lisping Roman 'very well free Woger' :D.

I find in real life i get on with people well who like Phyton. I have shared offices and come across a few people that say they 'dont get Python', never get on with those people so well.

Sooo everyone in this thread i know i would likely get on with and have much i common...Python is a good marker for that i find.

Edited by Smoggy