Daniel Alessi

mack

• 6 months later...

I'm going way back here but against Newcastle it looked like he had trouble with his pace. He just looked really awkward when he ran.

Has anyone who watches the NYL regularly noticed this?

I just want to know if we can somehow fit D'Cunha, Aspro and Alessi in the same backline in 3-4 years time or are they all CBs competing with each other?

I'm going way back here but against Newcastle it looked like he had trouble with his pace. He just looked really awkward when he ran.

I just want to know if we can somehow fit D'Cunha, Aspro and Alessi in the same backline in 3-4 years time or are they all CBs competing with each other?

The NYL season finished months ago, I thought about writing a few observations that might not have been correct so decided against it. Taurus is the best person to ask in these matters. In the 3-4 matches I watched, Alessi only played once & I can't remember Aspro playing for them. D'Cunya played RB for the NYL team in the matches I watched.

In my opinion, Shane was the better cb.

Aspro was ok. When Alessi came back into the youth squad, Shane was pushed out to rb. I thought Shane performed better than Daniel as cb and Aspro. In saying that, Daniel seemed to have more of a presence if that makes sense.

My judgement may have been clouded with regards to Dsniel pushing Shane out to the right because I thought the Shane and Jske Adelson had a good cb/ rb combo going with some good runs forward from Jake being released by Shane.

All in all, they are all better players in cb. Before Aspro made his a league debut, I would have said Shane would be my pick out of all 3.

In my opinion, Shane was the better cb.

Aspro was ok. When Alessi came back into the youth squad, Shane was pushed out to rb. I thought Shane performed better than Daniel as cb and Aspro. In saying that, Daniel seemed to have more of a presence if that makes sense.

My judgement may have been clouded with regards to Dsniel pushing Shane out to the right because I thought the Shane and Jske Adelson had a good cb/ rb combo going with some good runs forward from Jake being released by Shane.

All in all, they are all better players in cb. Before Aspro made his a league debut, I would have said Shane would be my pick out of all 3.

Can not imagine Shane a CB, he's one of the skinniest people I have ever seen

The NYL season finished months ago, I thought about writing a few observations that might not have been correct so decided against it. Taurus is the best person to ask in these matters. In the 3-4 matches I watched, Alessi only played once & I can't remember Aspro playing for them. D'Cunya played RB for the NYL team in the matches I watched.

I know I would be interested in reading your observations.

I know I would be interested in reading your observations.

The matches I saw were towards the end of the season & the second half of the season for the NYL was horrendous & wasn't impressed with what I was seeing. In that sense I only got a very small window to judge the players so I think that would be harsh. Like yourself, I couldn't have thought that Aspro could have gone to NYL to Aleague so seamlessly. I also wonder about the step up that Daniel Alessi needs to make in order to make the same sort of impact or the level he needs to be at when he made his debut.

Yes I do remember your impression of the youth team.

Was fair without knowing we had a big amount of replacement players. For me it was expected with the amount of reshuffling. From memory you started to watch the boys when Daniel and Appuah came back into the youth squad. Can't rber the exact positional and squad changes. It was a decent shake up unfortunately. They were on track to the number one spot for the year.

Daniels debut was good. Like I said in my previous post, he did have a presence but I thought he was just lacking something when he came back to the youth.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Daniel has been injured & only recently returned to full training. 

Played some minutes against Guangzhou R & F last Wednesday, but wouldn't be fit enough to play (90 mins) in Derby 

Thanks for the update Taurus. Anyway to tell us who is legitimately available? Because I've heard the same regarding Hamill not being ready to start the derby. Pretty much suggests either a reshuffle with Neville at CB and throw in Cole at RB or dropping a Spaniard at CB or am I missing something? 

• 4 months later...

If people haven't heard (taken from the WSW brotherhood FB page)

‪#‎AlessiUpdate‬ Its with a sad heart we report young Daniel Alessi has reportedly injured his Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) and will miss the 2016/17 Aleague season.

Daniel is the third ex WSW player to join Newcastle and suffer season ending injury early into their tenure. Josh Barresi and Labinot Haliti both suffered similar injuries not long after joining the jets.

We wish Daniel our sincerest well wishes and wish him a great recovery, Daniel is a promising young player who has a great career in football ahead of him, I am sure with the right rehabilitation and support he will come back stronger and better. All the best and get well soon from everyone at the WSWBrotherhood mate.

The Jets are doing something wrong..

Barresi curse strikes again.

Baressi curse?

It's the post injury Wanderers curse, I'm not surprised in the slightest!!

WSW spent 6 months patching him up & implementing a thorough recovery process, only to see him breakdown within 2 weeks at the Jets.

:stonedtrifiro:

Oh dear :(

After that amazing S2, he spent most of S3 on the Physio table. Quite incredible what they managed to do up there!

• 1 year later...