Anthem/Walk Out Song - 5/10 minutes prior to kickoff

Which one do you like the best  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like the best

• Wanderers Rise Up
    • We are Wanderers
    • Glorious
    • Fear of the Red & Black
    • Western Sydney to Hallelujah (leonard Cohen)
    • These colours unite us all
    • Exit Row - Welcome to our Wanderland
    • The Presets - My People
    • Rancid - If the kids are united
    • Nothing.
  2. 2. Should we replace 5-10mins prior to kickoff

• Current music + PA over shadowing the RBB
    • First current music then RBB singing
    • First the RBB singing then into Anthem/Walkout Song
    • Current Music then into Anthem/Walkout Song
    • No PA/music at all.
  3. 3. Do you want an Anthem/Walkout Song?

• Yes
    • No

13 minutes ago, Carns said:

The song posted was written to latch on to the popularity that the team had at our peak of success.

It was done to capitalise on the popularity of a movement at the time. That song is no reflection (imo) of the club, or its supporters.

I do not have the one song that trumps all others.

But, I do not believe that this song is representative of WSW or its ethos. It was an opportune moment, seized upon by wannabe stars.

Ok, I disagree. And I have no problem with a local group benefitting from the popularity of what they are singing about. None. So what. Good on them. 

I think the song is a musical version of many of the chants of the RBB and reflects our club nicely. But you know, to each their own. :)

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

5 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

BTW, and this is tech question and OT.

All of a sudden the other day, I couldn't get any sound out of my computer connected speakers. Working fine one night, nothing the next day.

Any help would be appreciated. I've checked all my sound settings. Nothing appears to be wrong. Also checked all connections.

Turn it off and on again. Check all the connections again. Check if the power is on properly. Check the volume control isn't set to 0. Check the computer sound volume isn't muted or set to low. If that still doesn't work then you might have a busted speaker, cable, or there's a deeper problem with the system like somehow disabling the actual sound device, setting the wrong output device or a problem with the computer itself.

Posted (edited)

The best song that we already have and that i dont think has ever reached its full potential is 'these colours unite us all', there is a call and response within this also.

At THAT ACL game post Brissy GF when only 10k of us rocked the old Parra stadium foundations this is one of the tunes the WHOLE stadium stood up and belted out.

Sometimes the answer is right under your nose.

Most underrated song we have and with a bit of work could be a first up chant with the whole stadium.

What we need is success on the pitch and more big nights and something like this will catch.

Edited by Smoggy

Well...I wouldn't be unhappy about that Smoggy. To me it's still our best chant.

One of the first encounters I recall with it was at AAMI...where it might have been done with call and response?? But it was stunning.

And then it was definitely done as call and response in Gosford shortly after that. And it was electrifying!

BUT that was done in a compact  physical space (lower deck to upper deck). In a compact area it works perfectly.

My only worry is the lag...at the far end of the stadium to where the RBB is...if the RBB is initiating it.

I wouldn't have guessed it was SUCH A BIG THING if I hadn't had two seasons down in Bay 3...which still wasn't right at the far end of the stadium. Anyone from the South end of the stadium would know what I mean.

The lag would make coordinating a staight ot chant impossible. Absolutely impossible. I know some people find that unlikely...but they haven't seen it with their own eyes...or heard it with their own ears.

Call and response MIGHT work from one end to the next...but I think whatever is done as a walkout....to unify the whole stadium and energise  and electrify the whole stadium might need to at least start off coming through the PA.

The whole stadium thing was tried with Glorious.

That was never going to unite the crowd...people resisted it...and it doesnt have the right uplifting sound...it had the opposite.

But it was tried as a whole stadium walkout.... and it failed.

Whatever is done as a walkout CANNOT be half-arsed. It just CANNOT.

It will not be universally accepted initially...whatever is chosen...Nothing  will be liked by everyone...at first.

But it has to be FAMILIAR and generally popular...in a mainstream sort of way. Like it or not...it DOES.... in my opinion. 

Just whack this on and let the crowd sing these colours over the top.

Also, it's not lilke full stadium chants aren't possible, they happen all around the world. That's the reason you want a walk out song! So what if there is a bit of a lag? It just becomes a bit of an echo.

7 minutes ago, marron said:

Also, it's not lilke full stadium chants aren't possible, they happen all around the world. That's the reason you want a walk out song! So what if there is a bit of a lag? It just becomes a bit of an echo.

I don't  disbelieve you, Marron.

Can you find examples where they dont start with the PA system?

And can a mob of us Aussies manage to get started to do that.

PS My auto correct just changed your name to Matron...before I spotted it and changed it! :lol:

I'm not sure about regular walkout songs with no PA (although I'm sure they must exist somewhere), but I meant more generally. If you can get it happening with a whole stadium during a game, it's not that much of a step to getting it happen a bit before, if it's regular so that people expect it.

We've done it once, maybe twice?? :lol: And one of those was "**** the victory?" :lol:

So... yeah.... not likely to happen I admit.

Which is why I wouldn't object to the instrumental rivers of babylon as a bit of a cue. It's a tune that everyone knows. It's already one of our chants. The sentiment of the chant is just about bloody perfect for what you'd want. Even if it didn't get people singing all the time, I can imagine it happening on big occasions, if people were used to just hearing that music beforehand.It's one you don't even need to know the words for either, just sing the "ohhh ohhh" bits. If I was on the PA i'd start playng it about 2 minutes before the players came out and then switch it off as they enter the stadium.

Just remember, where YNWA and the like come from is not from people saying "we need a walk out song". It came from the PA guys mucking about and something sticking, OR from fans having  a favourite song already that later got recorded so the PA could blast it whenever they wanted.

Perfect ...I agree  with all that.

So...how do we get a direct line of communication going with the PA guy?

:D:D

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Perfect ...I agree  with all that.

So...how do we get a direct line of communication going with the PA guy?

:D:D

This one!

2 hours ago, marron said:

I'm not sure about regular walkout songs with no PA (although I'm sure they must exist somewhere),

I think the PA allows you sing in unison, if there is lag & the echo makes thing difficult, the PA can come back in & take over. As you say, it must exist somewhere but not common

2 hours ago, marron said:

Just remember, where YNWA and the like come from is not from people saying "we need a walk out song". It came from the PA guys mucking about and something sticking, OR from fans having  a favourite song already that later got recorded so the PA could blast it whenever they wanted.

Maybe back in the day but not now. Now between the ground announcer blaring unabated nonsense through the PA, FFA mandated "family friendly music", the ridiculous countdown & a desolated RBB who have been beaten into submission with a mix of bans, security idiocy, riot squad power trippers & inept stadium management. Is anything really going to happen?

Maybe if things were spontaneous & less structured. Pre game is planned down to the minute, everything including ads/breaks, stupid countdown & silly stuff. Pick something, get RBB/club together & make it happen.

Two things re: sound in the stadium.

1) the acoustics will be much better, making noise transfer from one end to the other improved markedly (the RBB will have a roof overhead to reflect the sound for starters); and

2) speaker systems can be time delayed so that they all play at roughly the one time to all receivers. But it's not necessary in this scenario because the furthest any person would be from a speaker at the stadium would only be about 30 metres max, which means every seat in the stadium will get a similar noise level during music playback.

Both of these will improve the "connectedness" at games.

But the biggest factor for overall atmosphere will be whether we're playing well or not.

42 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

just chiming in to say that mumford and sons are shite.

Wot? :lol:

Where has that come from?

Gives me an excuse to post this again....where almost 152,000,000 people would disagree with you! 

And this one....which even Marron "liked" when I posted it last - but that probably had a little bit to do with the other guy accompanying them here! :lol:

Deleted post - didn't realise this was the Walkout Song Thread!

Thought I was mucking around on the Music Thread! :cheeky:

Walkout Songs...anyone?

Posted (edited)

Ok @wendybr serious post on walk out songs 

heres a great article on how Z Cars became a walk out song (about 50 years ago) and has evolved 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-z-cars-music-goodison-7795561

I get emotional whenever I hear it too

Also this is ace from about 2 minutes in

The Everton supporting boxer Tony Bellew uses the Everton Walk Out song as his. He also fought at Goodison Park 

Boss hearing the Everton supporting crowd singing (especially as cars has no words)

The boxer put a siren at the front of it, which Everton have now adopted that too 

Edited by StringerBellend

Talking of sirens.....I still reckon we should play Two Tribes (with sirens) as a walkout song the first time we play FC at Bankwest

1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

Talking of sirens.....I still reckon we should play Two Tribes (with sirens) as a walkout song the first time we play FC at Bankwest

At least it’s also scouse