Amateur Association Football

Peaches

I can't find the original topic but feel free to merge it with it if you can find it moderators.

For everyone who plays local park football our season is coming around again. I've started my team training in the last week or two. We should have a stronger side after our left midfielder was poached by FCRB55 under the illusion he is a quality striker. ;)

Struggling to find a keeper though I hope to solve that in the next week or two.

What club is this? I can be drawn out of (goalkeeping) retirement if the price, and club, is right. :P

The might of Mount Pritchard hahaha

*googles mount pritchard*

Ohhhhhh I thought it was somewhere near Blue Mountains, turns out it's Cabramatta.

Sorry :(

Too far from Blacktown. Good luck with the search though! I've noticed a lot of teams, even at uni, struggle to find goalkeepers - which is like... weird, because goalkeeper is clearly the best position.

What club is this? I can be drawn out of (goalkeeping) retirement if the price, and club, is right. :P

What league are you playing in?
SDSFA. All Age. I'm not sure which division. We've been 3 for a couple of years and last year we were division 4. We seem to keep getting stuck with a couple of top teams while the divisions around us are poor. I dare say we'll either be 3 or 4 once again.

We have 6 people who can play keeper but would rather play striker. #firstworldfootballproblems

It can be pretty hard finding keepers in All Age. Everyone wants to run on the field.

It's SDSFA.... You can guarantee the price will be very high

All Age at Mount Pritchard is $320 including ref fees for the season.

We have 6 people who can play keeper but would rather play striker. #firstworldfootballproblems

It can be pretty hard finding keepers in All Age. Everyone wants to run on the field.

You're expecting to get refs in Southern Districts?  :ninja:

What league are you playing in?
SDSFA. All Age. I'm not sure which division. We've been 3 for a couple of years and last year we were division 4. We seem to keep getting stuck with a couple of top teams while the divisions around us are poor. I dare say we'll either be 3 or 4 once again.

Playing All Age Division 1 again this year. We should organise a friendly!

You're expecting to get refs in Southern Districts? :ninja:

Last year I was out injured with an ACL and refereed 4 or 5 games

Dude out of 14 rounds I think we had a ref twice.

Pre paying refs is bullshit.

And Peaches, I read your ex left mid left in search of better quality coaching... and seems to have found it.

Edited by Skull

I don't like it that way, prefer refs even if they are crap! We play in the churches league and it is way better having someone impartial calling the shots than some random on the sideline or a club official.

Also, in the churches comp they don't take crap like fights, abusing the refs, swearing (hard one to cop a yellow for ****), talking back or any of that rubbish I've had to put up with in Granville and gladesville

I don't like it that way, prefer refs even if they are crap! We play in the churches league and it is way better having someone impartial calling the shots than some random on the sideline or a club official.

Also, in the churches comp they don't take crap like fights, abusing the refs, swearing (hard one to cop a yellow for ****), talking back or any of that rubbish I've had to put up with in Granville and gladesville

Church league no fun ;)

Well, I referee in the Blacktown district and when I have assistants who are like... 12, for their benefit I tell the players beforehand to keep swearing out of earshot.

However, it didn't stop one player from going: "OH MY ******* GOD, ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME REF?! THAT IS THE MOST BULLSHIT CALL I HAVE EVER ******* SEEN - I CANNOT ******* BELIEVE THIS..." etc. etc.

Dundas United is forming a Super League team to play in the Granville comp (GDSFA).

The squad has been training twice a week (Tues and Thurs) for the last 3 weeks and have the start of a great team. The entire team is under 25.

We are urgently looking for an experienced coach for our 30 man squad. If you know anyone who is interested in growing this team (and their own coaching skills at the same time), DM me or contact any of the committee at http://www.durc.com.au/soccer-committee

Cheers. 

Dude out of 14 rounds I think we had a ref twice.

Pre paying refs is bullshit.

And Peaches, I read your ex left mid left in search of better quality coaching... and seems to have found it.

There has been a change of coach and playing philosophy this season Skull. Hopefully FCRB55 can handle you and your personalities hahaha

Well, I referee in the Blacktown district and when I have assistants who are like... 12, for their benefit I tell the players beforehand to keep swearing out of earshot.

However, it didn't stop one player from going: "OH MY ******* GOD, ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME REF?! THAT IS THE MOST BULLSHIT CALL I HAVE EVER ******* SEEN - I CANNOT ******* BELIEVE THIS..." etc. etc.

lol every ref kings langley all age?? i was the keeper in the purple nike jersey?

and in saying that i am a keeper looking for a club in the blacktown region. if any one has a spot however i have left the two previous clubs because all the training was just ball skill and cardio. i am unfit and can use cardio however i want to find a club that can help me imporve as a keeper i am sick of just running laps and dribbling between cones. the only training i would get would be when they have shots but no one told me if my positioning was in correct how to dive when to rush etc. 

lol every ref kings langley all age?? i was the keeper in the purple nike jersey?

No, it was like a U/17s game - when a linesman (well lines-boy) didn't flag for offside on a breakaway so I let play continue, cue defending team going "OFFSIDE! COME ON", the striker scores - and celebrates.

The defending team are adamant it was offside, so I go to my linesman and ask him privately if it was offside, he said yes.

So because I hadn't restarted play, I restarted play with an indirect free kick and disallowed the goal. The defending team was happy, but it caused the team who had supposedly scored to...  well, you can guess.

lol yeah i understand but as a player sometimes you get really good reffs who are consitant and fair. i had one last year hand out 2 red cards for swearing at other players(were sidline support can hear) and at him :good: worked really well because keeped everyone in there place. however there was other times were you get reffs that surprise me they can wake up and get in there car with out hurting them selfs. there was a team that had a free kick last year about 40 yards out guy took the kick i came out to punch it as i jump for it the attacking player ducked and pushed in to my legs i fliped over my head and the reff allows the goal :smurfnono: . anyway lets not get started on that topic hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Part of the problem sometimes with these youngsters is they are too scared to make a call. You're in a different position to the ref so may see some things differently. The other part of the problem is fully understanding the offside rule.

My side has a trial on Sunday against a team some members of this forum may represent haha

I'll be sure to keep the forum posted with a honest result.

Is this the bay 55 Utd one form the podcast? A lot of bragging rights in a match like that :P

Oh yes the return to football. We got demoted from div1 last year so hopefully we can have a solid year returning. Can't wait for some trials.

And on the refs, so frustrating at times, and to figure that I had a ref about 8 out of 18, not good man. But I can understand how people don't want to do it when you see some of the dickhesds that play or coach.