Amateur Association Football

Peaches

You had a game?  Wow.  This season's going to be a disaster for me.  They'll be doing back to back games and at my age I just can't back up inside 3-4 days after a full 90 minutes.

We've only had one round postponed, which will be played over Easter. But, another weekend rained off and we might have double ups too. Ugh. I wonder what happens if an entire season is washed out...

oh man i had the worst referee yesterday  :meep:

I thought he did an exceptional job ;)

never a pen.  :xbop:

never have problems with our junior teams ref,  maybe because its normally me  :rolleyes:

**** cumberland council. Closed all grounds again.. First game now 22nd April. No preseason games, I can't play til May. Grrrr

Ugh. Yeah Blacktown closed ours too... ugh.

**** cumberland council. Closed all grounds again.. First game now 22nd April. No preseason games, I can't play til May. Grrrr

Ugh. Yeah Blacktown closed ours too... ugh.

Come and join the Hills comp boys, we're playing.

nepean is too i think.
Only some games are on with multiple grounds closed. I keep getting notified of closures this afternoon. We haven't had enough time to dry out the grounds so that they can be mowed and marked.

i can only my sons u11s goes ahead.

Edited by Paul01

Our local field is A+ at the moment. As are a couple I drove past the last few days... grass mowed, posts up, lines marked. Just a few that aren't done, so they scrap the whole weekend. Could just let those that are okay open up and either relocate the others that can't, or reschedule them.

Haven't a single training session and only one trial game (that I was away for) over at Galston. Ugh... :(

Our local field is A+ at the moment. As are a couple I drove past the last few days... grass mowed, posts up, lines marked. Just a few that aren't done, so they scrap the whole weekend. Could just let those that are okay open up and either relocate the others that can't, or reschedule them.

Haven't a single training session and only one trial game (that I was away for) over at Galston. Ugh... :(

Yeah closing all the grounds when some are playable is just dumb. Now we'll get midweek night games and Saturday/Sunday double headers where they'll struggle to get enough referees and teams will be playing short.

Out of four trial games we only played the second one, round one was supposed to be last week but was postponed, they've already postponed this coming weekend and we haven't trained in over a month.

Whatever they do the fields end up trashed (half of them are garbage before the season starts anyway). What are they saving them for?

The first weekend that games aren't cancelled and my youngest son has a bye.... 

Same here.

Next weekend is Easter so no game then either.

It's killing young Wanderboy. He just wants to get out and play.

He's had 6 weeks of training 2/3 nights a week (a lot of indoor sessions are organised by his elite development squad coach) yet they've played only one trial.

Most of the new Hills Association grounds appear to be open this weekend. Just a few ground closures so games have been reallocated to other grounds. Good work I reckon.

yeah all of Macarthur closed despite us not seeing one drop of rain since Monday out this way

That's ridiculous.

Our grounds look good from the car park, but still squelchy AF once you actually get out on the pitch. I can't speak for any other club, but our ground at least would have been quickly torn up by a weekend of mini Roos, and we're only small. It does make me wonder what state other grounds are in.

I wouldn't want to be Blacktown Council right now. They must be copping it from all sides.

• 2 weeks later...

We lost 5-1

We conceded 5 pens 7 yellows and 1 red

Needless to say we weren't happy with ref! 2 legit pens 3 hogwash calls -5

5 pens that is impressive.

We lost 2-1 today which doesn't feel so bad, given we got tonked only yesterday