Sign in to follow this  
Peaches

Amateur Association Football

Im looking at picking up a rebound net to continue training a goalkeeping family member (in my household so with the social isolation rules), just wondering if anyone has picked up the cheap ones, there are 2 price points, one is around $60 and the other more than $250.  The $250 seems overkill for what is essentially a stretched net but dont want to both if the $60 one is crap.

https://www.networldsports.com.au/soccer/training-equipment/soccer-rebounders/rapidfire-pro-soccer-rebounders.html

versus

https://www.amazon.com.au/vidaXL-Adjustable-Rebounder-100x100cm-Equipment/dp/B06W5D74BB/ref=sr_1_20_sspa?keywords=football+rebounder&qid=1586227899&rnid=6963563051&sr=8-20-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExSVQ5S0VSTTdXSDUzJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzk0MjQwMTBENUVIWDM1MzE0USZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEzSzBIRktOWVBKVVJHJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYnRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

clearly the $250 one is a better product, but 500% better?

Just beware with shipping, now that both domestic & international travel is affected, you may have issue with your deliveries especially if the amazon one is from the US

22 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Just beware with shipping, now that both domestic & international travel is affected, you may have issue with your deliveries especially if the amazon one is from the US

thx, 

some are local, but there is definitely a pool of products at $60 and a pool at $250, just trying to see where the 5x markup is on the expensive ones

So, is everyone's kids, or indeed, any other posters, starting back up next weekend?

I remember seeing a rule a few weeks ago that only one parent could attend, and would have to watch from a car in the car park. **** that.

If I was watching the game from my car in the car park, I'd be staring at about 1000 eucalypt trees and nothing else.

If this is still a rule, and club officials want to enforce it, then I'll go incognito.

Male Spy photos, royalty-free images, graphics, vectors & videos ...

If that doesn't work, I have a back up plan.

Groucho-Glasses-Nose-Mustache-Mask-Funny-Disguise-Prank-Face-Marx-Accessory-ShpF

8 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I’m starting up this weekend and also just signed up to help coach little Miss Stringerbellend’s U6 team

session 1 the Topor-Stanley clearance 

Straight over the sideline?

24 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

So, is everyone's kids, or indeed, any other posters, starting back up next weekend?

I remember seeing a rule a few weeks ago that only one parent could attend, and would have to watch from a car in the car park. **** that.

If I was watching the game from my car in the car park, I'd be staring at about 1000 eucalypt trees and nothing else.

If this is still a rule, and club officials want to enforce it, then I'll go incognito.

Male Spy photos, royalty-free images, graphics, vectors & videos ...

If that doesn't work, I have a back up plan.

Groucho-Glasses-Nose-Mustache-Mask-Funny-Disguise-Prank-Face-Marx-Accessory-ShpF

It does seem ridiculous, doesn't it?

I'm all for social distancing, but you'd think the perimeter of a football field would be big enough for the supporters of park football teams to spread themselves out, wouldn't you? :unknw:

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

It does seem ridiculous, doesn't it?

I'm all for social distancing, but you'd think the perimeter of a football field would be big enough for the supporters of park football teams to spread themselves out, wouldn't you? :unknw:

That's exactly right. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens this weekend.

For the record, and as a comparison, I have been to the Towers twice in the past week. What a joke. No social distancing in any way. Stupid humans just continually bustling past each other, crowding onto escalators and crowding the food court. Virtually no one adhering to 1.5 metre distancing rules in queue's. I say virtually no one, as I did!! It just disgusts me that it seems the majority a dopey people have learnt nothing. Very selfish indeed. 

Sad thing is, they'll be the first to complain if restrictions get put back in place, and no doubt, these are the people currently hoarding toilet paper for no reason. 

Dumb arses of the 1st degree.

Enjoy your school holidays - if you can! :)

6 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Straight over the sideline?

That’s it, non of that continental Fancy passing  rubbish, Big Sam Alladyce brought to U6s

Kids say with me “if in doubt.. kick it out”

On 28/06/2020 at 11:34 PM, Wanderboy said:

That's exactly right. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens this weekend.

For the record, and as a comparison, I have been to the Towers twice in the past week. What a joke. No social distancing in any way. Stupid humans just continually bustling past each other, crowding onto escalators and crowding the food court. Virtually no one adhering to 1.5 metre distancing rules in queue's. I say virtually no one, as I did!! It just disgusts me that it seems the majority a dopey people have learnt nothing. Very selfish indeed. 

Sad thing is, they'll be the first to complain if restrictions get put back in place, and no doubt, these are the people currently hoarding toilet paper for no reason. 

Dumb arses of the 1st degree.

Enjoy your school holidays - if you can! :)

Just found this....

Hard to fathom really.

Well our local association starts the season on Friday night with one o35 mens comp.

The kids start on Saturday with one spectator per player. Bibs can't be shared for subs

The rest of games are on Sunday.

Super keen to get back into things, haven’t had an practice games but I’ve been training really hard to be ready!

I know I’m going to be sore Monday after back to back Saturday & Sunday!

Posted (edited)

So, young WB started his season this afternoon.

Playing Youth League 2 (there is no YL1)  in the Hills District.

Can someone enlighten me as to the age limit of this competition?

Anyway, it was a good start for his team. Won 7-4 away. (The 4 conceded is a worry.)

YWB scored the 2 goals when it was 4-4 to make it 6-4. He also had the assist for the 1st, - passing back inside to someone for a tap in. There was 15 minutes to go when it was 4-4. A happy dad today.

Edited by Wanderboy