Antony Golec

mack

LOL he sounds like a man that's just found out he lost the hard battle with cancer.

He's just deactivating a facebook account is he not?

Wow, insensitive much?

Did you even read his post? Hint - the third line in.

The melancholy mood of the post isn't because he's deactivating his FB account - it's because of the reason of him doing so.

Guest mickisnot

Um , maybe he's going through some serious personal stuff.Sounds a bit heavy just for deactivating a FB account.

It sounds way too heavy for deactivating facebook.

Guest mickisnot

Wow, insensitive much?

Did you even read his post? Hint - the third line in.

The melancholy mood of the post isn't because he's deactivating his FB account - it's because of the reason of him doing so.

I'm laughing at the thought someone could take social media so seriously.

He would feel like he has to explain why he is leaving. He would have supporters and that would include children who do look up to him as a pro footballer.

The first couple of lines make it clear there are some major changes in his life happening and sometimes it is best to withdraw from certain distractions (people places or things like facebook) to work on your own mental health and keep focus.

Guest mickisnot

I have understood this, and I'm also sympathetic.

Given that I don't have facebook or twitter, but can appreciate the seriousness of the lives people lead on social media, my translation differs.

• 2 weeks later...

Is. He. Injured. ?.

Yes, unavailable for selection tonight
Any news regarding future games?
Knowing popa and WSW, we will probably only know officially about the injury when he is back playing and 100% right!

So it is an injury?

Is. He. Injured. ?.

Yes, unavailable for selection tonight
Any news regarding future games?
Knowing popa and WSW, we will probably only know officially about the injury when he is back playing and 100% right!
So it is an injury?
Well unconfirmed, but why would he miss a game?

bit awkward on Twitter between Golec and a few fans (including Fabz of all people). not sure how serious he's being though.. 

IMO its a bit of a sign of weakness for a player to be responding to any kind of criticism that a fan may bring up. ignoring it would be good, but not even seeing it in the first place would be better. Like it's nice that we have great relationships with our players, but I guess both us and the players have to realise that they are professionals, and they need to do their job.