Home end Bay 55 and 57

Fabz

Perfect response. Will send a guy with a

Mega in each bay up the back and I need volunteers who will go up there and go crazy to rally them up. Come and see me before kick off at next game mate

Fabz, please send the boys with megas in to those areas, and we'll take a group of lads up there and go mental with them. I think this issue needs time and reinforcement in numbers, a lot of the semi active people in those areas have gotten comfortable in the fact they're not pressured up there to go as hard and I think that’s why a lot of people stay there.

The fact is most of those groups don't understand the unity the capos uphold in the terrace and see it as being "told what to do". If stronger pockets of support were in these areas with a capo, Over time they will either get in to it or move further away.

I hope the people on this forum realise just how influential their support can be, and just how imperative it is that we act upon this matter as it has riddled our north end since season 1.

That little girl with the mega is crazy by the way, she doesn't stop all game, Rbb kids have the right mentality.

Pretty sure you'll have heaps of volunteers in 55 mate.

Mega in each bay up the back and I need volunteers who will go up there and go crazy to rally them up. Come and see me before kick off at next game mate

Fabz, please send the boys with megas in to those areas, and we'll take a group of lads up there and go mental with them. I think this issue needs time and reinforcement in numbers, a lot of the semi active people in those areas have gotten comfortable in the fact they're not pressured up there to go as hard and I think that’s why a lot of people stay there.

The fact is most of those groups don't understand the unity the capos uphold in the terrace and see it as being "told what to do". If stronger pockets of support were in these areas with a capo, Over time they will either get in to it or move further away.

I hope the people on this forum realise just how influential their support can be, and just how imperative it is that we act upon this matter as it has riddled our north end since season 1.

Will do Fabz, I'll rally up some boys keen for the move.

If anybody else on here is up for this, make yourself known. 

I would love to, but I'm not in 55, 56 nor 57, is this ok in terms of enforcement of sticking to the allocated bay?

I would love to, but I'm not in 55, 56 nor 57, is this ok in terms of enforcement of sticking to the allocated bay?

My opinion is move, if you're isolated in another bay and there's no sign of an active group then help us out for the time being. If you see a capo enter your bay, then go where he will be. 

Edited by Goredeaux

Many 55ers (well at least those of us who usually frequent the front of 55) regularly walk the aisle between 54/55 trying to fire the back off 55 up, so there will be plenty of help :good:  will be good to have a mega backing us up!!

And yeah Erebus your right, and it happened again against the Roar - its been epidemic all season. Hopefully this sparks a change.

Fabz, just curious, do you guys ever physically point to areas that need to wake up? So they kinda know they are expected to wake up? I just wander if back of 55 especially would react to it. Just curious ay, not criticism, you 2 do a great job

When I try and pump the bays, I get laughed at, told to **** off, to calm down, to have fun, etc etc.

These people do not have a sense of ownership of the RBB and are passengers and are there for the party and the cheap ticks. Zero contribution being offered

Selfish.

End of.

edit , ok not really contributing there so I'll expand.

Most people knew full well at the start of the season what was going to be expected of them in the RBB.

I truly doubt many of them need education as such, they're just being selfish.

Edited by WhoDoWeSingFor

Last home game, there were people in front of me, obviously their first time in Bay 56. It's frustrating, I tried to encourage them to be more active...one of the girls just gave me a look. Even one of the guys with the mega tried to get them pumped but nothing. 

We need to start enforcing those who have memberships in Bay 56 etc, the security guards do what they do at the entrance but thats it & those who don't become active after someone asks them politely or shouts at them, simple...get them out.

Have lost it at them many times. No understanding of active support.

Many 55ers (well at least those of us who usually frequent the front of 55) regularly walk the aisle between 54/55 trying to fire the back off 55 up, so there will be plenty of help :good: will be good to have a mega backing us up!!

And yeah Erebus your right, and it happened again against the Roar - its been epidemic all season. Hopefully this sparks a change.

Fabz, just curious, do you guys ever physically point to areas that need to wake up? So they kinda know they are expected to wake up? I just wander if back of 55 especially would react to it. Just curious ay, not criticism, you 2 do a great job

Its going to be a long hard slog. Active support is still a very foreign concept to a fair few people that got RBB memberships this season.

The most frustrating part is the lack of enthusiasm to have a go. You ask nice they laugh. You ask a little less nice they get angry and tell you that they dont have to. Then some just ignore you. Then there's the watchers that laugh at you cause you're losing your **** singing and jumping having a good time losing your voice for your team. They feel no embarrassment. Very frustrating.

You stand and you sing. You sing like you mean it. You give it your all in support of the players. Someone is singing louder next to you? You sing louder. And so on and so on. It's very simple. The capo tells you to sing louder, you do it.

Ideas? People that go hard in 55 should spread out a little in the bay.

you can't stop people going into different bays, this will just lead to arguments or punch ups. it's securities job.

The people who don't sing will slowly move out of the RBB at the end of each season. You need to understand that it's the clubs second year and people are riding high on the whole "active support! wow!" momentum from the first year. Members come and go, unfortunately as active support is a new thing to Aussies they want to "experience" it. Unfortunately this means putting up with people who don't sing, or who don't understand the concept of active support.

The best thing is to get people with megaphoens moving up  and down the isles of 56/57 and 57/58 and also through the rows of these bays. This is the only thing that pumps people up.

Also it wouldn't hurt to specifically keep an eye out on those who don't sing and tap them on the shoulder and remind them that they have to sing as a requirement of their membership. Keep an eye on them and then throughout the game look at them and tell them to sing. They might get the shits, but that's life, and if they leave next season to a non active bay then it may be for the better.

I mean you could also be a prick and do what some of these non singers do, and point them out to police and tell them that they are causing trouble. LOL just don't be specific with what kind of trouble. If the police ask what you mean say that they are refusing to participate in active support and people are getting angry at them and you are afraid that they are antagonising active members and causing people to get worked up. ;)

Edited by PieceBombs

out in 54 we are planning to spread out the flags more, so all those who are sitting watching the match won't be able to see anything at all. Looks like always 54 towards the middle/ back and all of 53 is the place to go and sit down relax and play with your iphone.

Our powerchair wanderers at the back of 54 put these people to shame. I'm sure next season all those people will chose a different venue to sit at our stadium. They all lack enthusiasm and passion for the RBB. They may be great WSW fans but the RBB is not suited for them if they constantly need to be told to stand up and participate and sing.

Whats the go also with the ACL home matches, we all sticking to our normal bays i would assume or is everyone going to go off what their tickets are displaying?

Fellow 55ers Dylan and Cody (55 original kids from last season) with Mauly = LOUD ARSE BAY?

SEND MAULY OVER?

out in 54 we are planning to spread out the flags more, so all those who are sitting watching the match won't be able to see anything at all. Looks like always 54 towards the middle/ back and all of 53 is the place to go and sit down relax and play with your iphone.

Our powerchair wanderers at the back of 54 put these people to shame. I'm sure next season all those people will chose a different venue to sit at our stadium. They all lack enthusiasm and passion for the RBB. They may be great WSW fans but the RBB is not suited for them if they constantly need to be told to stand up and participate and sing.

Whats the go also with the ACL home matches, we all sticking to our normal bays i would assume or is everyone going to go off what their tickets are displaying?

All oversized 2 sticks into outer bays?  I got a few spare

is it most people opinions that memberships are being swapped around? is that why it seems like new faces are in the bays?

its beyond a joke that someone like pup should be told he is scaring someone when you have people in the active being disruptive by not following the capos.

im hoping these acl games will be those who are more prepared to be active back into the north end.

if its membership swaping then it would ideal to police it somehow without the police as abjudcators.

it would be good if someone from the club could come in for a game and suss out how it is people dont feel the need to be active.

There are serious problems with these two bays, the back half of both bays are not singing and me and Harry are sick of screaming at them and disrupting chants and ruining it for those who are actually singing and participating all game. I'm thinking of sending the other two boys with the megafones to these sections of the bays and have them in there full time. If anyone has any ideas please let me know, thanks. :)

In 57 during the roar game, we were chanting call to arms and moving side to side. around the middle of the bay there was one farkwit who stood there, one leg on the seat and doing nothing. no amount of smashing into him from both sides could get him going.

get the guys with mega's to chant in their ears.. tell them to sing or **** off to the hill so they can watch the game on the screen.

From someone who's pretty much watched I would say 70% of A-league since inception I can safely say that any active support (and support) generally lasted at a peak period of the first 2-3 seasons and started to waver after that.

Melbourne Boys use to get massive stand to stand chants in season 1 and moved to Eitihad and has some massive crowds. Cove starting turn on each other towards end of season 2. Jets and Mariners had a peak in season 3.

To be honest the only active area that has improved is the Roar and probably due their form more than anything else and the fact they started so small.

So perhaps it's somewhat human behavior... I'd be inclined to say next season I doubt we will be selling 16K plus memberships before the season starts. A big call I know but of course some of the 'fad' will die off. Yes there is a higher proportion of die hards than most other clubs and you will find this is predominately in Active areas where support wavers to go nuts due to the instantgram crews

I don't know what the answer is but I've just observed it before. The RBB is well orgainsed, constantly evolving with chants and has good relationship with WSW staff. Hopefully they have more input around the say around the RBB ticketing next year and also more power to get the message across. RBB is an active area. 

Better to have 2 bays of nutcases going off then 5 bays filled with half of those giving half arsed efforts.

From the sidelines good luck :-) My son and we be going nuts at the derby because it's one of the few chances to sit with the inspirational RBB forum contributors.

Edited by GunnerWanderer

Here's an idea, radical one - haven't thought it through yet but:

The North End is an active support end, correct?

Next season, if we stipulate on cards that anyone with an RBB membership must participate in active support, and emphasise it everywhere, especially when people renew and everything - then... well, I think it wouldn't be remiss to say have a few club representative's walking around revoking memberships on the spot for those fIogs who stand there not singing for 90 minutes.

Or those who decide to sit on the outermost bays chilling and taking selfies, etc.

Then, re-sell the memberships of the fIogs to double the income from the seat - and they can't do anything because the terms and conditions of the memberships included having to participate actively in active support.

That was the purpose of the email at the beginning of the season. It would be very hard to make participation, or anything else for that matter, compulsory. I like the thinking but it would be difficult to implement.

I was dreaming about this last night (signs I'm obsessed with WSW and RBB), and I couldn't remember seeing anything in the club's T&Cs for RBB membership that says the RBB is an active area for extra passionate fans and fans are required to participate etc, unlike what Ticketek and Ticketmaster have done.

So, I've checked the T&Cs for RBB membership, and this is what it says

2.1  Red and Black Member Terms & Conditions

The Red & Black Members are subject to the following:

1. Red & Black Members can ONLY enter through Gate C.
  2. Red & Black Members can ONLY access the Northern Terrace.
  3. Reviewing allocated seating process.
  4. Breach of any Western Sydney Wanderers FC, Football Federation Australia and Parramatta Stadium 'Conditions of Entry', 'Code of Behaviour' and/or 'Terms and Conditions', will result in immediate eviction and termination of your Membership.

Western Sydney Wanderers FC reserves the right to amend and update Club Terms & Conditions upon reasonable notice.

So, I'm not sure whether it's worth bringing to the club's attention to have the following condition to be added

Red & Black Members are required to participate in active supporter activities as directed and stand for the duration of the match

If the above condition is added, that will give us and the securities ammo to remove anyone who is non-active from the RBB bays.

If people are offended by this, they can be given the priority to "upgrade" their membership during the 2014/15 membership renewal process and move to somewhere else...

Just my 2 cents...

If they aren't singing give them a flag. Alternatively, if they are sitting there motionless then get the whole two middle bays to jump along the concrete in call to arms all the way to the side fences and sing in these peoples faces or just stand in front of them and keep chanting. This will get them moving. (Perhaps encouraging them by putting your arm around and singing with them first before berating them with angry looks. Inviting them to get involved would be a lot more successful than ordering them to get involved.)

Edited by Bob

If they aren't singing give them a flag. Alternatively, if they are sitting there motionless then get the whole two middle bays to jump along the concrete in call to arms all the way to the side fences and sing in these peoples faces or just stand in front of them and keep chanting. This will get them moving. (Perhaps encouraging them by putting your arm around and singing with them first before berating them with angry looks. Inviting them to get involved would be a lot more successful than ordering them to get involved.)

Glad you posted this. Always forget to say this.

I definitely find that certain chants have an activating effect on the bludgers. Without a doubt, A Call To Arms should be used whenever the terrace is a bit flat, it wakes everyone up. WDWSF obviously works a treat, We Unite As One also to a degree.

This is one way the capos can influence the masses more passively to wake up and do their job. I think we need a couple more 'activating' chants like this which wake everyone up and gets them invovled.

My mates & I stand in the very last row in Bay 55 & we are constantly having a go at people in front of us to sind & be active. I'm getting to the stage where I give up. I'm constantly tapping them on the back & getting them to be active & when they do it's half hearted. I leave Wonderland every week without a voice because I have to carry these nuffies. We have blokes come past trying to get them to sing but it doesn't seem to spur them on much.

My mates & I stand in the very last row in Bay 55 & we are constantly having a go at people in front of us to sind & be active. I'm getting to the stage where I give up. I'm constantly tapping them on the back & getting them to be active & when they do it's half hearted. I leave Wonderland every week without a voice because I have to carry these nuffies. We have blokes come past trying to get them to sing but it doesn't seem to spur them on much.

Im one of the bokes who comes past and tries to fire everyone up, and your right, it does very little. But yeah some of you guys up the back of 55 do get involved, (and the effort is appreciated!!) but man, its kinda depressin back there sometimes, the atmosphere just dissappears.

maybe we need the club to issue scare tactics, a simple message on the official wanderers facebook page reminding those members in the RBB they must participate in active support or their RBB membership may be relocated to another section of our stadium if they are to resign as members come next season.

Could even get the club reps to simply walk down the aisles and remind people who are sitting that its a standing area only. If they won't listen to capos maybe a representive from the club with security will have a better effect.

Sorry out of any more ideas just hoping that come next season a new breed full of energy will pump into the RBB and those who rather watch the match enjoy it from the stands.

Come bring on ACL we must all lift as our first match on the international stage.