Sign in to follow this  
Unlimited

The Refereeing Thread

20 minutes ago, BBB said:

And to make matters worse, these inconsistencies seem to generally be in the favour of certain teams, which is what frustrates the supporters of all the other teams.

I agree but that is not always the fault of the idiot in the middle, the faceless VAR clowns get away with murder and this is heaped on the referee.  Do you think it is a coincidence that KGJ was the VAR who deleted our 'offside' goal against Sydney in the Derby for the Bacchus incident where he was supposedly involved in play and was also the VAR for that goal last night where Davidson does not get involved with play.  Last night KGJ says that pen is ok apparently but against Nix KGJ instructs to overturn.  He is a cheat plain and simple but gets away with it while he hides in the box.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

The thing that angers people the most is the inconsistency with which VAR is applied. The one I remember is at Spotless ( I can't remember against who ) when the opposition player hand balled in the box, the ball went out,  the VAR said it was not a pen and we got a corner, the only part of the opposition body to touch the ball was his hand.........lol

Edited by sonar

Or the dictatorship by the FFA that nobody can criticize them

13 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

I’m a big supporter of referees, educating the public, holding our top referees to Account & seeing VAR improve correct decisions.

Ive been quiet this year, it’s been a disgrace. How can I defend some of the horrible decisions this season? It’s really bad, I didn’t think it could get much worse but it has & VAR has not helped as I had hoped.

I’m still waiting for Ben Wilson to release an article on the A-League site telling us that all the decisions were correct, even though blind freddie (apologies to freddie and those who are blind, but these guys have more of a clue than the crap they serve up) knows it’s bullshit. :rolleyes: 

I see lots of A-League referees got promoted to the FIFA list. It’s all bullshit. There is a reason why you don’t see Australian referees at top tournaments & it’s for good reason. Look at the crap they serve up week in week out :acute: 

Well said.

And how did Chris Beath and Peter Green get appointed as match officials to the Asian Cup?

It should be simple, if a player (irrespective of the team):

uses his elbow is immediately a foul

Tugs a jersey or shorts, it is a caution

Tackles an attacker from behind in attacking third and progressing toward goal, it is stopping a promising attack with a direct free kick and caution to the defender who committed the offense 

Is the third player in crowding the referee,  it is a caution for that player

If a player uses an elbow to the head of an opponent off the ball, play should be stopped with the offender sent off for violent conduct.

These are some of the considerations that the referee should apply.

Edited by Paul01
Correction

19 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Well said.

And how did Chris Beath and Peter Green get appointed as match officials to the Asian Cup?

It should be simple, if a player (irrespective of the team):

uses his elbow is immediately a foul

Tugs a jersey or shorts, it is a caution

Tackles an attacker from behind in attacking third and progressing toward goal, it is stopping a promising attack with a direct free kick and caution to the defender who committed the offense 

Is the third player in crowding the referee,  it is a caution for that player

If a player uses an elbow to the head of an opponent off the ball, play should be stopped with the offender sent off for violent conduct.

These are some of the considerations that the referee should apply.

What if they play in a light blue shirt surely the above doesn’t apply 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

What if they play in a light blue shirt surely the above doesn’t apply 

Then the incident didn’t happen - even with a VAR review 

Lol FFA posted this to explain the refereeing decisions

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/whistle-round-13-refereeing-and-var-incidents-explained

In summary: VAR was amazing and awesome, 100% accuracy rate, 100% success rate, and we are 100% happy with the decisions made #metrics

42 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Lol FFA posted this to explain the refereeing decisions

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/whistle-round-13-refereeing-and-var-incidents-explained

In summary: VAR was amazing and awesome, 100% accuracy rate, 100% success rate, and we are 100% happy with the decisions made #metrics

Yes, I saw that yesterday. It's pathetic. There were no positive comments by readers and I added my own two bob's worth.

They ask Ben Wilson to comment on a range of decisions and he parrots off what we already knew and witnessed. They need to ask specific questions instead like - why was Davidson's offside adjudged to be ok when he clearly played at the ball from an offside position? Put the bastards on the spot instead of making it easy for them.

Yeah I don’t know why they bother with the article each week. As you say the comments are all negative and nobody takes them seriously.

They may as well just copy paste “The FFA have completed their review of the FFA and determined that the FFA is always right”.

3 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Yes, I saw that yesterday. It's pathetic. There were no positive comments by readers and I added my own two bob's worth.

They ask Ben Wilson to comment on a range of decisions and he parrots off what we already knew and witnessed. They need to ask specific questions instead like - why was Davidson's offside adjudged to be ok when he clearly played at the ball from an offside position? Put the bastards on the spot instead of making it easy for them.

Exactly. This is what was written in the report in its entirety:

"In Perth, Diego Castro scored a goal after a shot rebounded to him after being initially saved by the Wanderers goalkeeper. The VAR checked the goal and determined that when the initial shot was taken Diego Castro was onside."

It deliberately ignores the Davidson issue, so the write up is just a piece of PR fluff that does more damage than good. 

47 minutes ago, Burztur said:

"In Perth, Diego Castro scored a goal after a shot rebounded to him after being initially saved by the Wanderers goalkeeper. The VAR checked the goal and determined that when the initial shot was taken Diego Castro was onside."

It deliberately ignores the Davidson issue, so the write up is just a piece of PR fluff that does more damage than good. 

Yep. Reminds me if how I used to write essays when I didn't know what I was talking about - focus on what you're confident about, ignore what you don't know. 

A pointless exercise, just frustrates fans. 

1 hour ago, Burztur said:

I don't know how to find and copy, but the comments did mention Davidson as well but said he didn't do anything wrong.

3 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

I don't know how to find and copy, but the comments did mention Davidson as well but said he didn't do anything wrong.

It says The VAR also determined that while Jason Davidson was in an offside position when the initial shot was taken he did not commit an offside offence. The VAR agreed with the on-field decision and the goal was correctly allowed to stand. 

10 minutes ago, scarcev said:

It says The VAR also determined that while Jason Davidson was in an offside position when the initial shot was taken he did not commit an offside offence. The VAR agreed with the on-field decision and the goal was correctly allowed to stand. 

Thanks.  And that is a prime example of how useless Wilson's comments are. What he said is stating what actually happened - we all saw that take place. Wilson needs to tell us whether he agrees with what happened and why. Every man and his dog saw that Davidson did commit an offside offence and yet the referees and var ignored the clear and obvious and decided the opposite. Biased bastards.

Thanks. Ok, I missed the second part of the write up.

But then this report is merely restating the refs clear and obvious error. I’m amazed that they can say that a player so close going for the ball can it commit an offside offence. 

11 minutes ago, Burztur said:

Yeah, no one can be this incompetent. No organisation can be this incompetent...

Organisation comes from the word “organised” - too much credit to give them imo

I prefer “clodhopping shambles” to describe the VAR

O' Neill stomps on Hoffman, Hoffman semi reacts and gets sent off. O'Neill gets away with no card. The ref was so quick to show the red card (very soft) but the ESFC get away with everything.

2 minutes ago, tardotz said:

O' Neill stomps on Hoffman, Hoffman semi reacts and gets sent off. O'Neill gets away with no card. The ref was so quick to show the red card (very soft) but the ESFC get away with everything.

Both should have sent off

....and then Redmayne looks like he handled outside the box ( Vedran got booked for that) , but the VAR was not interested.

O'Neill should have been sent off for the stomp on the leg, Hoffman on the replays didn't look like he did anything but have O'Neill tangle up their legs.

10 minutes later Zullo makes a clear yellow card offence, the ref starts to pull out his card, and then realises that he's already on a card so leaves it. What a joke that was.

The refereeing has become so clearly and blantantly biased. Can we keep assuming incompetence or is this something more sinister? 

Nigel Boogaard more than hinting at his team's frustrations with the standard of refereeing (and rightly so after their game tonight) Shook his head in the post game interview and repeated twice, "Apparently that's just the way it's going to be for the rest of this season".

Think they're feeling much as we are.

11 hours ago, Cynth said:

The refereeing has become so clearly and blantantly biased. Can we keep assuming incompetence or is this something more sinister? 

I want to believe.