The Refereeing Thread

Yesterday's comments

Fox Sports: Constant controversy surrounding refereeing decisions is tarnishing the credibility of the A-League, says Mark Bosnich.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/constant-controversy-surrounding-refereeing-decisions-is-tarnishing-the-credibility-of-the-aleague-says-mark-bosnich/news-story/636dfa1ae6c2a205659d7d12455db007

12 hours ago, Cynth said:

The refereeing has become so clearly and blantantly biased. Can we keep assuming incompetence or is this something more sinister? 

I hope it is incompetence but even away from Wanderers, why does Zullo not get his second yellow card with that challenge?  With the send off look who is there yelling at the ref about a lash out that didn't exist, its Brosque, ref falls for it and sends him off.  For teams like us and Jets when you aren't scoring enough to take the poor decisions out of the equation they become massive game changers is the issue.  KGJ that is a different story, he has a bias against some Clubs and we are one of them, there is simply no other explanation for his inconsistency on like calls.

Edited by scarcev
1 hour ago, tardotz said:

Yesterday's comments

Fox Sports: Constant controversy surrounding refereeing decisions is tarnishing the credibility of the A-League, says Mark Bosnich.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/constant-controversy-surrounding-refereeing-decisions-is-tarnishing-the-credibility-of-the-aleague-says-mark-bosnich/news-story/636dfa1ae6c2a205659d7d12455db007

Does anyone know how long it should take for a comment to be posted on the Foxsports site?

I just wrote a comment in response to Bozza's article (which I didn't copy anywhere :() and posted it but it didn't appear. 

Would they take a while to check it...or should it have appeared instantly?

Anyone??

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Does anyone know how long it should take for a comment to be posted on the Foxsports site?

I just wrote a comment in response to Bozza's article (which I didn't copy anywhere :() and posted it but it didn't appear. 

Would they take a while to check it...or should it have appeared instantly?

Anyone??

If you're a WSW supporter the VAR has to have a look at it.

Bloody hell! :xmad:

I just reread my post...and part of it doesn't make sense!

Coulda sworn I reread it a few times...and I know I shuffled things around a bit...but...but!

Ugh!

Sigh.

PS I had to make an account to be able to post there - and I did feel grubby....joining something with News Corp all over it. I block that from my consciousness when I watch Foxtel - and all I watch is football on Foxtel.

2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Coulda sworn I reread it a few times...and I know I shuffled things around a bit...but...but!

Ugh!

Sigh.

PS I had to make an account to be able to post there - and I did feel grubby....joining something with News Corp all over it. I block that from my consciousness when I watch Foxtel - and all I watch is football on Foxtel.

Huh!?

You said the refereeing is crap and we need a royal commission. What's wrong with that?

14 hours ago, wendybr said:

Ugh!

Sigh.

Well now you just look like a raving lunatic. A disservice to the cause! ;)

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 9:36 AM, tardotz said:

Yesterday's comments

Hmmm....

Was just checking to see if much reaction had been generated over Bozza's article, and found that the "Like" function related to the comments has been disabled.

7 good comments, probably by some of our forumites, I suspect (I recognise at least one name I know for sure) - and I'd would have "Liked" them all if I'd been able to :good: -  fwiw.

Just now, wendybr said:

Hmmm....

Was just checking to see if much reaction had been generated over Bozza's article, and found that the "Like" function related to the comments has been disabled.

7 good comments, probably by some of our forumites, I suspect (I recognise at least one name I know for sure) - and I'd would have "Liked" them all if I'd been able to :good: -  fwiw.

Well Gallop told them to:xnod:

Just now, Paul01 said:

Well Gallop told them to:xnod:

It's interesting, isn't it?

Mind you, I have no idea whether that is standard or not - but I doubt it would be.

I think a few more of you lot should add a comment, since you can't register your support for Bozza by liking the comments that support his article! :xnod:

:D:D

On 20/01/2019 at 5:46 PM, wendybr said:

Ugh!

Sigh.

Don't worry Wendy. At least you don't invent Wanderers players names that don't exist...unlike yours truly here!

Also you inspired me to sully myself by getting a News account so i too could have a rant on the Fox site. 

I mentioned cancelling my Foxtel subscription as all i use Foxtel Now for is A league and Socceroos....gotta speak Rupert's language :diablo:

3 minutes ago, Potkorok said:

Don't worry Wendy. At least you don't invent Wanderers players names that don't exist...unlike yours truly here!

Also you inspired me to sully myself by getting a News account so i too could have a rant on the Fox site. 

I mentioned cancelling my Foxtel subscription as all i use Foxtel Now for is A league and Socceroos....gotta speak Rupert's language :diablo:

There is a Wanderers player called Roberts.

1 minute ago, Potkorok said:

Ahhh that was you! That was a really good point to make! :good:

And yes - "sullied" was a good way to describe the feeling! :D

19 minutes ago, Potkorok said:

Good point as that is what Foxtel cares about. My comment was on similar lines (a bit more between the lines)😊

On 16/01/2019 at 2:33 PM, Edinburgh said:

Thanks.  And that is a prime example of how useless Wilson's comments are. What he said is stating what actually happened - we all saw that take place. Wilson needs to tell us whether he agrees with what happened and why. Every man and his dog saw that Davidson did commit an offside offence and yet the referees and var ignored the clear and obvious and decided the opposite. Biased bastards.

I’d go one step further, he needs to say if the decision is correct or wrong, then to say how it should have been interpreted.

Decisions aren’t explained, rather they are described. We all know what happened and the end result. Waste of his time & a waste of our time too.

The referees aren’t held to Account, you can make mistakes week in week out & there are no consequences. How are we supposed attract new fans to take this league seriously when this is what they serve up.

Funnily enough, Chris Beath was in action last night in the Iran vs Oman game as an AAR.

A penalty was given, it was contentious to say the least :rolleyes:On the replays it showed referee was in a bad position (bit harsh but couldn’t see properly through a sea of bodies). I’m almost certain that the call was made by Beath as AAR.

13 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Just checked the Asian Cup games for these knockout games neither Chris Beath or Peter Green have a centre!:var:

But the mexican does! And he was poor again. Thailand were awarded a penalty and there should have been a red for dogso but gave a yellow instead. Then he awarded a later penalty against Thailand which was 100% a fair, clean tackle.

Edit - I've mixed things up a bit there I think but can't check as I've deleted everything

3 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

But the mexican does! And he was poor again. Thailand were awarded a penalty and there should have been a red for dogso but gave a yellow instead. Then he awarded a later penalty against Thailand which was 100% a fair, clean tackle.

Have to give the CONCACAF exchange ref a go, especially if he as bad as our guys.