Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Unlimited

The Refereeing Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

He'd probably do a better job than Wilson.

If he was the FIFA20 admin he would!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, mack said:

Here you go @Unlimited you'll get every grand final then.

:meep:

Actually when I did my grand final, I had a mate do the grand final before mine on the same field. He was using that vanishing spray some referees use to mark out the distance for walls. He asked me if I wanted to borrow it.

Had a bloody great time calling for free kicks and using the vanishing spray - made me feel better about the fact there were about zero tackles in the entire game

45 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

If he was the FIFA20 admin he would!

Referees don't have FIFA ratings but :(

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Referees don't have FIFA ratings but :(

But your always quoting in them in the squad development thread.:crazy:

Share this post


Link to post

One way to clean up player behavior on the field, if you receive a straight red card $1000 match fine (third image)

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

One way to clean up player behavior on the field, if you receive a straight red card $1000 match fine (third image)

lol. Every other football club, and other codes, right now.
giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Prydzopolis said:

One way to clean up player behavior on the field, if you receive a straight red card $1000 match fine (third image)

Well well. Imagine all the NPL clubs, probably well known ones,  will be quaking in their boots. 

Junior NPL fees channelled up to pay semi-pros.

Share this post


Link to post

I've just watched the EPL goals from overnight. Villa had a goal disallowed because one of their players was booked for diving. He took the ball into the penalty area and passed it to the player that "scored", the passer falling in the process. 

That doesn't seem right to me. I think the goal should have stood. 

Share this post


Link to post

Just looked at it, yeah that wasn't a dive at all. He got fouled outside the box, then there's a collision inside the box which could easily have been given a pen, but not a dive.

Or do you mean that it should be play-on anyway despite the ref thinking it was a dive? Once the ref decides on a caution/red card the game stops barring advantage which doesn't apply here.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, mack said:

Just looked at it, yeah that wasn't a dive at all. He got fouled outside the box, then there's a collision inside the box which could easily have been given a pen, but not a dive.

Or do you mean that it should be play-on anyway despite the ref thinking it was a dive? Once the ref decides on a caution/red card the game stops barring advantage which doesn't apply here.

Yes, this. There are instances where referees play on and give the card later. I believe that's what should have happened here. I take your point "once the ref decides ..." but disagree that should have applied in this case. If the rules/instructions dictate I'm wrong then they should be changed.

Share this post


Link to post

I saw it as well, looked really bad...

Like I can understand the referee giving the card for simulation if the player carried on like a pork chop after falling down. But it looks like the player has gone down and only got back up to celebrate his teammate's goal...

Not a good look unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post

World Cup referee moving Down Under

2019-09-07T22:00:40Z 8/9/19

Iranian referee Alireza Faghani has revealed his plans to migrate to Australia with his family where he hopes to continue officiating.

The 41-year-old has a strong resume having won the 2016 AFC Referee of the Year, while also officiating finals of the 2014 AFC Champions League, 2015 AFC Asian Cup, 2015 FIFA Club World Cup and the 2016 Olympics. 

Faghani was also in charge of the Socceroos' World Cup play-off match with Syria and the third-place play-off game between Belgium and England at the 2018 World Cup inRussia. 

“My children need to continue their studies at the Australian universities. I can also officiate there. We will move toAustralia within one month," Faghani said. 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, FCB said:

World Cup referee moving Down Under

2019-09-07T22:00:40Z 8/9/19

Iranian referee Alireza Faghani has revealed his plans to migrate to Australia with his family where he hopes to continue officiating.

 

'A-League Referees' would have to be number 1 on the Governments occupational skills shortage list, wouldn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, andypk said:

'A-League Referees' would have to be number 1 on the Governments occupational skills shortage list, wouldn't it?

The no. 1  Shortage list is for unbiased and professional referees who officiate the LOTG.

I know someone who shadowed All Reeza at the Asian Cup and spoke to some of the decisions he made in the final all of which made sense when explained like the Yellow to Kruse.

I put that up in another forum and one of the Smurf Muppets come down on my comment like a tonne of bricks. I put up that Ali Reeza wouldn't tolerate abuse, not be influenced by FFA and not keep players on the field because they belonged to certain teams so I copped it.

Share this post


Link to post

Since Ben Wilson left there's a vacancy in the FFA's Director of Referees role. I wonder if he'd be interested in filling that position while refereeing a game every now and then.

Share this post


Link to post

Ali Reeza confirmed.

Will go down well at the Vuck with Kruse.

apparently the smurfs don’t think much of him either.

hopefully with 3 new referees on the A-league panel, we might get some unbiased decisions. :crazy:

this will be the smurfs

:drats:

Share this post


Link to post

Happy to see more foreign refs, particularly if he has officiated at a World Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Carns said:

Happy to see more foreign refs, particularly if he has officiated at a World Cup.

And Kate Jacewicz officiated at the women’s world cup

Share this post


Link to post

Pretty happy with this. The A-Leagues best (or most highly regarded at least) referee last season was Jarred Gillet and now it’s this guy. That’s a massive upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Davo said:

Pretty happy with this. The A-Leagues best (or most highly regarded at least) referee last season was Jarred Gillet and now it’s this guy. That’s a massive upgrade.

Yep.

Imagine Matt Simon v Ali Reeza 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Yep.

Imagine Matt Simon v Ali Reeza 

And I almost wish Brosque would come back for another season just to be put in his place.

Share this post


Link to post

Here's one for the refs......scenario : The attacking team has either a) a corner or b) a spot free kick from outside the box. When the ball is in the air an attacking player grabs the arm of a defender and forces it up and into contact with the ball inside the box.......the ref not seeing the arm grab awards a penalty......would VAR overturn it?

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, sonar said:

Here's one for the refs......scenario : The attacking team has either a) a corner or b) a spot free kick from outside the box. When the ball is in the air an attacking player grabs the arm of a defender and forces it up and into contact with the ball inside the box.......the ref not seeing the arm grab awards a penalty......would VAR overturn it?

I’d imagine it would be overturned for a foul on the defender.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Carns said:

Happy to see more foreign refs, particularly if he has officiated at a World Cup.

Well... I’d imagine Wanderers fans should know who he is - he refereed the first leg of our glorious ACL final before the great Yuichi Nishimura had the second leg in Saudi Arabia

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

Well... I’d imagine Wanderers fans should know who he is - he refereed the first leg of our glorious ACL final before the great Yuichi Nishimura had the second leg in Saudi Arabia

I saw that on his Wiki page, wasn't sure if he was the main ref or a linesman/4th official.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, sonar said:

Here's one for the refs......scenario : The attacking team has either a) a corner or b) a spot free kick from outside the box. When the ball is in the air an attacking player grabs the arm of a defender and forces it up and into contact with the ball inside the box.......the ref not seeing the arm grab awards a penalty......would VAR overturn it?

I'd definitely say over turn, even if it meant the referee going down to the pitch side monitor to look himself.

In saying that there have been two instances recently of VAR missing a clear dive. Whether that is because multiple replays don't make it clear & obvious, I'm not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

I'd definitely say over turn, even if it meant the referee going down to the pitch side monitor to look himself.

In saying that there have been two instances recently of VAR missing a clear dive. Whether that is because multiple replays don't make it clear & obvious, I'm not sure.

The reason I put it up was I actually saw this happen in a u14/15 ? match at a local park.  The ref awarded a pen...the defending team were livid and were on the brink of walking off....ref said sorry I only saw the hand in the air hit the ball...........so go off and you forfiet the match. I wonder what would of been the case in an FFA Cup match with no VAR.....?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...