Sign in to follow this  
Unlimited

The Refereeing Thread

1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

He'd probably do a better job than Wilson.

If he was the FIFA20 admin he would!

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

2 hours ago, mack said:

Here you go @Unlimited you'll get every grand final then.

:meep:

Actually when I did my grand final, I had a mate do the grand final before mine on the same field. He was using that vanishing spray some referees use to mark out the distance for walls. He asked me if I wanted to borrow it.

Had a bloody great time calling for free kicks and using the vanishing spray - made me feel better about the fact there were about zero tackles in the entire game

45 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

If he was the FIFA20 admin he would!

Referees don't have FIFA ratings but :(

5 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Referees don't have FIFA ratings but :(

But your always quoting in them in the squad development thread.:crazy:

One way to clean up player behavior on the field, if you receive a straight red card $1000 match fine (third image)

35 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

One way to clean up player behavior on the field, if you receive a straight red card $1000 match fine (third image)

lol. Every other football club, and other codes, right now.
giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Prydzopolis said:

Well well. Imagine all the NPL clubs, probably well known ones,  will be quaking in their boots. 

Junior NPL fees channelled up to pay semi-pros.

Nice, I've like her work so far

I've just watched the EPL goals from overnight. Villa had a goal disallowed because one of their players was booked for diving. He took the ball into the penalty area and passed it to the player that "scored", the passer falling in the process. 

That doesn't seem right to me. I think the goal should have stood. 

Just looked at it, yeah that wasn't a dive at all. He got fouled outside the box, then there's a collision inside the box which could easily have been given a pen, but not a dive.

Or do you mean that it should be play-on anyway despite the ref thinking it was a dive? Once the ref decides on a caution/red card the game stops barring advantage which doesn't apply here.

2 hours ago, mack said:

Just looked at it, yeah that wasn't a dive at all. He got fouled outside the box, then there's a collision inside the box which could easily have been given a pen, but not a dive.

Or do you mean that it should be play-on anyway despite the ref thinking it was a dive? Once the ref decides on a caution/red card the game stops barring advantage which doesn't apply here.

Yes, this. There are instances where referees play on and give the card later. I believe that's what should have happened here. I take your point "once the ref decides ..." but disagree that should have applied in this case. If the rules/instructions dictate I'm wrong then they should be changed.

I saw it as well, looked really bad...

Like I can understand the referee giving the card for simulation if the player carried on like a pork chop after falling down. But it looks like the player has gone down and only got back up to celebrate his teammate's goal...

Not a good look unfortunately.

World Cup referee moving Down Under

2019-09-07T22:00:40Z 8/9/19

Iranian referee Alireza Faghani has revealed his plans to migrate to Australia with his family where he hopes to continue officiating.

The 41-year-old has a strong resume having won the 2016 AFC Referee of the Year, while also officiating finals of the 2014 AFC Champions League, 2015 AFC Asian Cup, 2015 FIFA Club World Cup and the 2016 Olympics. 

Faghani was also in charge of the Socceroos' World Cup play-off match with Syria and the third-place play-off game between Belgium and England at the 2018 World Cup inRussia. 

“My children need to continue their studies at the Australian universities. I can also officiate there. We will move toAustralia within one month," Faghani said. 

14 minutes ago, FCB said:

World Cup referee moving Down Under

2019-09-07T22:00:40Z 8/9/19

Iranian referee Alireza Faghani has revealed his plans to migrate to Australia with his family where he hopes to continue officiating.

'A-League Referees' would have to be number 1 on the Governments occupational skills shortage list, wouldn't it?

7 hours ago, andypk said:

'A-League Referees' would have to be number 1 on the Governments occupational skills shortage list, wouldn't it?

The no. 1  Shortage list is for unbiased and professional referees who officiate the LOTG.

I know someone who shadowed All Reeza at the Asian Cup and spoke to some of the decisions he made in the final all of which made sense when explained like the Yellow to Kruse.

I put that up in another forum and one of the Smurf Muppets come down on my comment like a tonne of bricks. I put up that Ali Reeza wouldn't tolerate abuse, not be influenced by FFA and not keep players on the field because they belonged to certain teams so I copped it.

Since Ben Wilson left there's a vacancy in the FFA's Director of Referees role. I wonder if he'd be interested in filling that position while refereeing a game every now and then.