Wanderers Sale Confirmed

The Western Sydney Wanderers have been sold to a consortium lead by Primo Smallgoods owner Paul Lederer, Pirtek founder Peter Duncan, Jefferson Cheng and an un-named fourth party. The new ownership will take over at the start of the new financial year.

The sale has been under negotiations for months finally cleared the final hurdle and will be completed on the 30th of June 2014.

Three of the new owners all have a measure of existing input and connection to the Wanderers. Lederer is an existing member of the Wanderers boardroom, Duncan's company Pirtek recently purchased the naming rights for Parramatta Stadium, and Cheng is a director of the International Strikers & Goalkeeper academies, who are high level corporate partners for the Wanderers in this current season.

The FFA began the process of selling the club in June 2013, by appointing UBS to managed the sale of the club. Negotiations were hard fought, with the consortium sticking to their guns on the length of the license (clubs licenses in the A-League are not perpetual and must be renewed) and a reduction in sale price from the FFA's preferred mark of $15 million down to a figure less than $12 million.

With the club tipped to come close to a break-even or even a profit this season, it is unlikely the new owners will have to do much if any cost-cutting should they want to achieve a profit in their first season of ownership.

Executive Chairman Lyall Gorman is rumoured to be leaving the club to take over Melbourne Victory at the end of the season and may need to be replaced. Assistant Manager Ante Milicic is another member of the current staff who is confirmed to be leaving, with ex-Sydney FC manager Ian Crook rumoured to have agreed to take on the role next season.

The new owners will have roughly a month to come to grips with their new ownership before the pre-season starts in earnest. As yet no information on any future investment or any plans the consortium have for the club has come to light.

Click here to view the article

Guest mickisnot

Ian Crook....????

should we leave it to you to beat the sydney fc out of him.

along as Popa is happy.

With the way the club treated him, the Sydney FC is long gone

Ian Crook....????

should we leave it to you to beat the sydney fc out of him.

along as Popa is happy.

With the way the club treated him, the Sydney FC is long gone

I know him personally, and lets just say, he is happy he is out of there. Will certanly be good use for us, if he does sign.

Ian Crook....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes, he is a very good assistant coach. He will bring alot to our club. A decent back-up for Ante.

I guess Popa must have worked with him at SFC.....

Ian Crook....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes, he is a very good assistant coach. He will bring alot to our club. A decent back-up for Ante.

I would like to respectfully disagree with this.

All good, you will be surprised once he is on board. But looking at his ESFC career i guess there will be alot of people not too happy about him.

So when will we hear something from our new overlords?

But ive always been here? (4th Unknown Entity is mee)

New signing Dzeko. Straight swap, Bridge to MCFC, Dzeko to Wanderers. 

Ill take Vincent Kompany also!

New signing Dzeko. Straight swap, Bridge to MCFC, Dzeko to Wanderers. 

Ill take Vincent Kompany also!

He wont make the first 11 with NTS and D'Apuzzo in there, But Aguero or Silva will be ok to replace Hersi.

$3million in Balkanite beer vouchers is alot, now bring back Sir Dino for unlimited Balkanite beer vouchers.

Lets hope our new owners can keep our club community orientated and also support our RBB unlike FFA. Lets hope our new owners are genuine not just looking for a profit churning out merchandise and raising membership price etc. Time will tell

Still would like to see club offer small percentage offered to us the fans to buy in the future but highly unlikely

I wonder who is the 4th owner, I heard it was a businessman from a Hong Kong financial firm who wishes to remain anonymous due to commitments to another club in Asia.

Edited by Burgerman

$3million in Balkanite beer vouchers is alot, now bring back Sir Dino for unlimited Balkanite beer vouchers.

Lets hope our new owners can keep our club community orientated and also support our RBB unlike FFA. Lets hope our new owners are genuine not just looking for a profit churning out merchandise and raising membership price etc. Time will tell

Still would like to see club offer small percentage offered to us the fans to buy in the future but highly unlikely

I wonder who is the 4th owner, I heard it was a businessman from a Hong Kong financial firm who wishes to remain anonymous due to commitments to another club in Asia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNrovLl6988

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNrovLl6988

Balkanite = Ric Flare

Dino = Steve Austin

:woah: