Home Kit Shorts Colour

Home Kit Shorts Colour  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What colour should our shorts be in the home kit?

I know there's plenty of love for the black shorts.

But from afar the white shorts are far more distinctive and bring out the hoops. The black shorts muddy the whole thing. Although, for the ACL, they do lessen the effect of the blue visy logo.

Need a photo with the white shorts on this seasons kit as well.

should be black shorts permanently, I recall an away game in melbourne last year with the away strip with black shorts, WSW lads looked good & played good :P

what about black shorts with white socks instead of black socks?

anyone able to do a mockup????

It may be the photo swaying my opinion but I dunno, I like the white. More distinctive/striking. I think it's better for visibility too, not that that's ever a major concern

should be black shorts permanently, I recall an away game in melbourne last year with the away strip with black shorts, WSW lads looked good & played good :P

what about black shorts with white socks instead of black socks?

anyone able to do a mockup????

Black shorts with white socks just wouldn't work for mine. Socks have to be black. I can handle either black shorts or white shorts. But I think the white shorts balances it out more. Black shorts looks good for now, but if we wear it all the time it might start to look a bit stale as a lot of the outfit would be just black.

I personally don't like the all white away outfit. Think there is too much white in there.

I've just looked up exactly why we're using black shorts, and as I suspected, #BlameTheAFC

Their regulations state a club must have a dominant colour. For clubs with hooped or striped shirts, the only 'dominant' colour allowed is one of those two colours. Thus our shorts and socks can be either red or black, but not white.

It seems like some of the other clubs in the ACL aren't doing what we're doing (some aren't using same shorts and shirt colours), but I suspect WSW have decided to simply ensure there is no errors or anything the AFC could get antsy about, and have gone for the black shorts to be on the safe side of them.

We just need to mix it up like we have been. if the opposition are wearing dark shorts we go white & visa versa. I do recall seeing the black shorts with the away strip & they look good.

White shorts have been worn since the beginning and are part of our history. Things should stay as is I recon.

I'm really happy we wear the red and black hoops in the ACL - that should never change. It's our identity

Black shorts look cooler but white shorts look traditional. Black shorts for derbies? They make us look like ninjas. (I also like tucked in jersey, modeled by Spira earlier in the season).

I'd really like to buy a pair of the black ones

Yeah while we are on it, will official nike shorts, trackies etc be available for purchase next season? I'd buy a pair for every day of the week

I think them black shorts are for sale in Peter wynns. We've used black shorts with the away shirt once or twice - I seem to recall the victory away game in season 1