Unpopular Opinions

zola

I think that tony popovic is slightly overrated as a manager,

He came into us with very low expectations from the media and because he did so well everyone thinks that he's the Australian Jose Mourinho.

He's only excelled at one job and has had a lot of resources to help him.

I want to see him in a job when the club is stuffed, broke, no fans and a split team with little leadership

Why would you want him to go to Sydney FC?

He came into us with very low expectations from the media and because he did so well everyone thinks that he's the Australian Jose Mourinho.

I want to see him in a job when the club is stuffed, broke, no fans and a split team with little leadership

I want to see Popa put a team together in a limited timeframe, with virtually no youth academy to pick from, and send a team of "leftovers" into the continent's premier club competition, whilst maintaining a top 2 record across multiple seasons in a salary cap league. 

If anything, he's underrated because he doesn't play "joga bonito" and is results driven, regardless of performance. We place our expectations at that of billion dollar clubs. I should add, I absolutely hated Tony Popovic, the football player. 

Guest mickisnot

This is already my favourite thread.

Yes, this is my favourite thread. But don't think we're getting cooshie Zip, because those remarks about Nintendo. Yeah I haven't forgotten about them. Expect my rebuttal soon.

The death penalty should not be returned and we are better off without it.

Studies have shown that in legal systems where the death penalty is allowed, the result is more guilty people walk free as jury's are LESS likely to convict for fear of being wrong.

The death penalty should be applicable to those that are in for life and become unbearable to deal with (violent/murder towards other inmates and guards). Either that or bring back complete solitary confinement.

I want to see Popa put a team together in a limited timeframe, with virtually no youth academy to pick from, and send a team of "leftovers" into the continent's premier club competition, whilst maintaining a top 2 record across multiple seasons in a salary cap league.

If anything, he's underrated because he doesn't play "joga bonito" and is results driven, regardless of performance. We place our expectations at that of billion dollar clubs. I should add, I absolutely hated Tony Popovic, the football player.

Although he has had the best atmosphere in the a-league, able to pick whatever marquee player that he was able to get.

An extra foreign player last season, able to afford to buy extra players like Golec, Mullen and Mebrathu.

I'm not sayin that he's hopeless as a manager, there's a lot of potential,

But for him to be considered as the socceroos coach when holger left was a bit of a stretch

Edited by Nnnnnathan12
Guest mickisnot

Although he has had the best atmosphere in the a-league, able to pick whatever marquee player that he was able to get.

An extra foreign player last season, able to afford to buy extra players like Golec, Mullen and Mebrathu.

But for him to be considered as the socceroos coach when holger left was a bit of a stretch

In the unpopular opinion thread, in a forum full of WSW fans, you [Nathan] have successfully won (you've also pushed my rage buttons)

In the unpopular opinion thread, in a forum full of WSW fans, you [Nathan] have successfully won (you've also pushed my rage buttons)

I like the thread before the 'prize' being handed out.

Ok, I'm not saying Popovic out lol

Just that he's not the best thing since sliced bread, so far.

He may very be a very good manager one day, but right now I'd rate other Australian managers ahead of him,

Mainly Postecoglou and Arnold and that's it lol

Thats hell a lot of Australian managers ahead of Popa

He may very be a very good manager one day, but right now I'd rate other Australian managers ahead of him,

So...  you'd still say Popa is the best Manager in the A-League then? 

Guest mickisnot

LOL'd with heart when I read this. Remember this is the unpopular opinion thread (you're allowed to be controversial)

I still haven't added my list:

• Friends is the worst television show ever
  • Closely followed by Family Guy
  • Seth McFarlane isn't funny. Period.
  • Dane Cook was also a terrible comedian

So...  you'd still say Popa is the best Manager in the A-League then?

Difficult to say, there's definitely more experienced managers but he's top 2-3,

And when you're comparing managers there's so many different and varying factors,

if you don't have the cattle then it's very difficult to do anything. But then again just because you have the players it doesn't make it smooth sailing, it still takes a lot of work to keep it all together

Sydney traffic is not that bad

You obviously didn't drive to work this morning....

The national anthem stinks and should be waltzing Matilda.

Wait wut?

So you hate our geography lesson of an anthem but what rather one where a thief hides from the cops and then kills himself instead of getting caught lol

nekminnit - new RBB anthem = Waltzing Matilda

Our current one is so airy fairy. We are a nation of thieves. We should cherish it. Our anthem is a watered down wank fest written by some jerk and then the govt of the day changed the words to make it more happy and $hit.

Although maybe it's just a case of "man I've heard this song a million times".

Nah you're right. The current anthem is $hit. It IS a geography/tourism song. It has no passion.

But that's because we haven't had to fight for our country and its freedom and independence like a lot of nations have had (and hence why their anthems are awesome)

Bring back the cane in schools.

I wish I could belt some of my students

Yes!!!! Pussy society we live in now !! What's wrong with 6 of the best????? Bring it back!!!!

I went to school when they transitioned away from the cane.

Within 2 years the school went to crap. Fights, stabbings etc.

Students no longer feared getting the cane.

How many kids had psychological issues because of the cane?

How many kids now suffer from lack of discipline at home and at school and the accompanying violence, drugs etc.

I wager the latter has a far far greater impact.

i think you should be able to slap other people's children if they are being annoying and get a medal for the act

Hmmm, depends on the relationship between you and the other parent, if you both get along and obviously the kid did something wrong then go for it. But personally I'd be very hesitant about doing it, raise your voice and tell the kid off first and then if things get out of hand then hit them as a last resort

Bring back the cane in schools.

I wish I could belt some of my students

Yes!!!! Pussy society we live in now !! What's wrong with 6 of the best????? Bring it back!!!!

I went to school when they transitioned away from the cane.

Within 2 years the school went to crap. Fights, stabbings etc.

Students no longer feared getting the cane.

How many kids had psychological issues because of the cane?

How many kids now suffer from lack of discipline at home and at school and the accompanying violence, drugs etc.

I wager the latter has a far far greater impact.

I got the cane a few times in school n look how I turned out! Not too shabby, sitting here , alone , in a darkened room , on a football forum talking about crap.........

;)

• mack unlocked this topic