Finals Details

And seriously it is OUR home game we deserve to play at OUR home stadium.

That is our right. We have earned it and the FFA is considering taking it away from us.

I see its $$$ before club respect.

No wonder I dislike these guys.

**** the FFA (FTFFA!)

Obviously Popa wasn't aware of this impending venue allocation last night when commenting on the achievement and advantages of coming second. He was looking forward to whatever team came to "our place" for the semi. Unfortunately Popa, the ex-cricket and egg ball marketing/$$$ boys at FFA couldn't give a **** about the purity of the competition... or our football code/culture for that matter. But I suppose the whole concept of a "finals series" is in itself a joke, so why should they or we be concerned that the FFA bend and manipulate the finals series to suit themselves. The only real thing that mattered last night was winning a place in next season's ACL. At least the powers that be in our Asian confederation understand football culture and recognise what's important achievement-wise. I'm sure they must scratch their heads that a team can finish double digit points behind the A-league winners and yet still be crowned Champions. It's absolutely ridiculous.   

Dont Victory have a mid week ACL match just a couple of days before ESFC?

Home to Guangzhou Evergrande on Tuesday night,

It's a must win for them too if they want to progress to the knockout stage

and we got our home match on the 22nd april also

No the victory home game to Guangzhou evergrande is this upcoming Tuesday night, on the 22nd they play away to Jeonbuk Motors

WSW play on the 22nd of April in the ACL and then a few days after we have a HOME semi final, which will potentially not be played at our home ground.

Protest and boycott ANZ! then the FFA would lose a huge slice in $$$$$$$$$$$  :crazy:

And seriously it is OUR home game we deserve to play at OUR home stadium.

That is our right. We have earned it and the FFA is considering taking it away from us.

I see its $$$ before club respect.

No wonder I dislike these guys.

**** the FFA (FTFFA!)

Well, FFA are the owner, they can do as they please. Also, the 2008 final was taken away from the Mariners and was played at Moore Park where they found themselves outnumbered by Jets supporters and ultimately beaten. And last year's final wasn't played at Parra either.

I see the ANZ issue as an opportunity. There were easily 30k of us at Moore Park in last years GF, and there were many more who didn't get tickets. When Del Pierro made his first A-League match, 37k attended. In other words, East and West can muster a crowd of 60k plus. I know more than a dozen people who never go to games at Parramatta due to the ticket situation, but they would be going to ANZ.

What concerns me is the commitment with the ACL, and what that could mean in terms or match fitness. 

Its about drawing the line.

The FFA can chase the $$$ by having a cringeworthy All-Stars concept.

Its not aimed at us but ironically is just an event that does nothing to create long term supporters. It disrepsects and devalues our league. Atmopshere is sh it and All Stars uncompetitive.

They can have that circus.

They can have the Socceroos - f uck up active support with their lack of vision.

But when they screw us over and take away our rights and turn us into a circus as a money grab for one off clapper holding "events" Sydneysiders they cross the line.

Oh yeah FTFFA!

the (player's) advantage is to play en CASA!.. in football, mi casa is not tu casa!... 

crowd figures and $$$ should never take priority.

exactly, its not about us fans, its about the best possible advantage for our players for our teams, not to make available an extra 30 000 seats for the f.logs that wan't to turn up to a match only when we get to a semi final.

the (player's) advantage is to play en CASA!.. in football, mi casa is not tu casa!...

crowd figures and $$$ should never take priority.

exactly, its not about us fans, its about the best possible advantage for our players for our teams, not to make available an extra 30 000 seats for the f.logs that wan't to turn up to a match only when we get to a semi final.

lol also at the irony of your quote and me agreeing on it, but my signature on my avatar says the opposite!  :cheeky:

What concerns me is the commitment with the ACL, and what that could mean in terms or match fitness. 

DEFINATELY THIS!!!!

Our players need more than 2 days to recover from the last group stage match at the ACL.

Lot of pressure playing 2 Sudden death games in 4 nights!!!!!

WAKE UP FFA!

CHANGE THE DATES WHILE YOU CAN!

ESFC will DEFINITELY have the advantage as our players would be tired as ****.

Unfortunately crowd figures and $$$$ already do take priority. That's why we have Finals and not first past the post.

If ALL future Finals games between East and West were played at ANZ I'd be open to the idea.  It would be wrong that in the unlikely event that the Smurfs finished above us in the future, they hosted at Allianz.  The potential benefits in terms of growth for the Wanderers could be huge if it is a success.

Until it is a failure I'd say go with it.

Personally i dont think we will be playing SFC anyway so its a moot point. I wish were though as its an easy passage to the finals.

The Mariners vs Adelaide match is tough to call but I think with the Mariners having an ACL match a few days before I would have to go with Adelaide for the win. My guess is that the Mariners will sacrifice the ACL match in order to try and get past Adelaide, but even still, there would be quite a few players who need to play in both games. In regards to Sydney, they are just sh1t, no way they go to Melbourne and beat them. That means we will play Victory and the Roar will play Adelaide. My preference is to play either Sydney FC or CCM to get to the final.

Edited by Jukes01

If everything falls into place (which it rarely does let's face it) I would be happy to play at ANZ. It would be amazing for the sport and the atmosphere absolutely electric. Wonder if we could even get a 80K sellout?

Edited by beatsurrender

What bothers me about ANZ will be the stadium members (CAC = Crossed Arms crew) would will be allocated the majority of the ANZ western stands (20-30k allocation), they would have no idea what to do with the WDYSF chants.. and only clap when there's a goal.

Majority corporates/suites will be there.

Atmosphere will be sucky.

Edited by wanderersfanatic

If everything falls into place (which it rarely does let's face it) I would be happy to play at ANZ. It would be amazing for the sport and the atmosphere absolutely electric. Wonder if we could even get a 80K sellout?

Only if the tickets were cheap

Think of the grand final, we packed out Allianz full of red and black and there were still fans who missed out! FC fans have the ability to turn up too as they have shown at the derby! Add these two together we have the ability to pack out the stadium, got to remember this will be an occasion an neutrals and euro snobs alike will snap up tickets...

I know there is negativity surrounding this with the fact that we lose a home semi and the money driven aspect of the FFA but I'm frothing at the prospect of getting a full stadium!! It will be a huge sporting occasion and leave a football shaped mark on the sporting landscape of this country!

Who gives a sh*t if there are 80k there. That's not what football is about. If you want an MTV teen squeal event with a bit of football thrown in go to a Beckham exhibition wankfest

Damn democracty.

I wish I was dictator of Western Sydney. I would arrest anyone who wants to play at ANZ.

Make you do hard labour by spending 90 minutes with the Cove.

Then again, just turn up to a Wanderers match. There is a fair chance you will get arrested anyway ;)

I have no problem with the game being played at ANZ if we are up against SFC. As much as I would like the match being played at Parra, its not going to happen. There would be supporters on both sides screaming for tickets and there is no chance we would accommodate the demand at Parra. I think it would be an awesome occasion, it would easily crack 60k for the match and at least 60-70% of those would be our supporters. We aren't even in that scenario yet, I don't think Sydney can beat MVFC anyway.

Guest mickisnot

Support for the team is a number game.

ANZ: potential for 40,000 ESFC fans and 40,000 WSW fans. Parramatta: 18,000 WSW fans and 2,000 ESFC

A 50/50 split vs. 90/10 ...

Until the Parramatta upgrade and every membership that can be allocated gets snapped up, and EVERY MEMBER shows up to the games. I don't ever want to go to ANZ.

FFA can **** off I don't want casuals...

I am all in favour of a packed GF at ANZ. But not our home final.

Also, I am pretty sure that the reason we are being left to buy tickets a few days before the "home" final is because of this debacle where we don't know where or when we are playing till the last minute. Roar members are already buying their tickets, 10,000 sold already.

**** the FFA and A League head honchos will be nearly creaming themselves over the thought of getting WSW to ANZ for a finals game. MV should do a job on ESFC but this is finals football and it doesn't always go to league form as we know.

All this 'it will be good for the game' and will bring in $$$$$$$, what about what is best for WSW, especially as this is our home final. One thing that should be 100% clear is that ESFC, should they get through, have absolutely no say / input in to anything regarding tickets / venue.

Just got this nagging feeling ESFC are going to pull off a shock win in Melbourne.

Edited by WSWBoro

Who gives a sh*t if there are 80k there. That's not what football is about. If you want an MTV teen squeal event with a bit of football thrown in go to a Beckham exhibition wankfest

Fine. That's your opinion.