Finals Details

I can understand the basis of all the anti-ANZ stuff. Fans are worried about the precedent set, that more and more games will be taken there, that we'll end up with a silly arrangement where we have to play 3 games a season there and get small crowds with sh1t atmosphere in that gigantic empty stadium.

I get it.

This is what the new owners need to understand. Taking one game there doesn't mean it needs to be a regular thing.

Presumably none of the people driving the No To ANZ Train will be on here wailing about missing out on tickets for any finals games played at Parra then? Circumstance and luck could hand our game a chance to nail a massive red and black stake through the AFL / NRL media mafia, we would be insane not to take it.

Take the emotion out of it and think about the game in this country and its a no brainer;

Semi Final: WsW v ESFC = #YesToAnz!

Also, the last time I checked, ANZ Stadium is located in Sydneys WEST!

If it's in Sydney (if Sydney FC, us or CCM host it) it will be at ANZ, regardless of the team.

A Central Coast and Melbourne Victory final would be at Allianz, They would struggle to get 30K 

ANZ is free that entire weekend, the only fixture close is the 26th (NRL match). 

The ANZAC RL test is on on Friday the 2nd and the 'Tah's are playing on the 3rd, so yes it is free on the Sunday but imagine the pitch quality.

I'd rather have it at ANZ if we get that scenario than Allianz.

I'm not  a fan of moving home ground advantage. However, part of me would like to see if we can give that big cavern a bit of atmosphere. Will be a good challenge for us because songs get lost in that place because of its size.

BUT, BUT...

Having the game on the Friday after a Tuesday ACL is a f***ing joke, and is only being done because ANZ is booked on the Saturday and the Broncos have Suncorp booked on the Friday night so Roar are playing Sunday. It's totally ridiculous, and the FFA have accepted as much by planning our other options at Parra on Saturday, even though the finals were supposed to be Friday and Sunday.

Why don't they just book Roar on the Saturday and us on the Sunday no matter who plays? Suncorp is free on Saturday and both Parra Stadium and ANZ are free on Sunday.

I'm not  a fan of moving home ground advantage. However, part of me would like to see if we can give that big cavern a bit of atmosphere. Will be a good challenge for us because songs get lost in that place because of its size.

BUT, BUT...

Having the game on the Friday after a Tuesday ACL is a f***ing joke, and is only being done because ANZ is booked on the Saturday and the Broncos have Suncorp booked on the Friday night so Roar are playing Sunday. It's totally ridiculous, and the FFA have accepted as much by planning our other options at Parra on Saturday, even though the finals were supposed to be Friday and Sunday.

Why don't they just book Roar on the Saturday and us on the Sunday no matter who plays? Suncorp is free on Saturday and both Parra Stadium and ANZ are free on Sunday.

Unfortunately, that requires logic from the FFA, plus they need to please Fox Sports as well ;)

For what it's worth, this is the ACL scenario for 2015 (assuming the AFC don't change things again)

Entry to Group Stages
1. Winner of HAL Premiership (BRI)
2. Winner of HAL Championship
* but, if BRI wins Championship, runner-up qualifies

1 pre-ACL group qualifying knock-out match:
3a) If WSW qualifes under (2): CCM will play this qualifier
3b) If WSW doesn’t qualify under (2), WSW will play this qualifier

For what it's worth, this is the ACL scenario for 2015 (assuming the AFC don't change things again)

Entry to Group Stages

Effed. Up.

That potentially means that we don't play ACL next year, but ESFC does. Makes sense.  :fool:

Anyone else get sent a blank email title Semi-Finals Ticket Information?

There seems to be stuff there when I view the source but the email itself is just blank

Yeah got this. Have yet to log in to the membership section to check there and see if all the details are there.

I'm not getting the up side of a move away from Parra. If we go to ANZ and get say 60,000 of which 30-35 thou are our fans how will that benefit us down the track - its not like Parra can take any where near that even next season so we just end up with 20 thou pissed off dudes who cant get a ticket each week next season. This only benefits FFA and provides the owners justification to move future derbies to homebush imo. 

If I wanted to take the emotion out of supporting football and my club, then I wouldn't bother supporting football or my club at all. If you're happy to  be walking ATMs for the FFA who then turn around and treat you supporters like ****, then be my guest. At work I have enough to worry about when it comes to earning and managing finances, so I don't need my football to become the same. 

Parramatta Stadium is our home, and every time we forget where we come from to chase the dollars, is just another step we take to become East Sydney FC 2.0. 

Entry to Group Stages

Source?

funny thing with that is if it was at ANZ I'd go just to watch the game, CBF heading to Allianz to watch CC v MV though

Heaps of non-Victory/non-CCM people would go. I'd go to either, having followed the league all year...and thousands of others would go too!!

Bizarre. 

If I wanted to take the emotion out of supporting football and my club, then I wouldn't bother supporting football or my club at all. If you're happy to  be walking ATMs for the FFA who then turn around and treat you supporters like ****, then be my guest. At work I have enough to worry about when it comes to earning and managing finances, so I don't need my football to become the same. 

Parramatta Stadium is our home, and every time we forget where we come from to chase the dollars, is just another step we take to become East Sydney FC 2.0. 

tumblr_lpho1uGYwR1qzjix8.gif

Entry to Group Stages

Source?

My understanding was that 1st and 2nd in the A-League get automatic ACL spots and the winner of the GF (or runner up if the winner already has a spot) gets the ACL qualifying play-off spot. I think that was confirmed on the Foxtel Shootout show last night (I know, not the best of sources!).

Entry to Group Stages

Source?

My understanding was that 1st and 2nd in the A-League get automatic ACL spots and the winner of the GF (or runner up if the winner already has a spot) gets the ACL qualifying play-off spot. I think that was confirmed on the Foxtel Shootout show last night (I know, not the best of sources!).

Thought the same too.

Entry to Group Stages

Source?

Thought the same too.

SECTION 3:
ENTRIES FOR THE COMPETITION
Eligible Club
s
a)
AFC shall determine the Club
its
National Associations
and affiliated
Leagues
who are eligible for the Competition as well as the number of
clubs from each Member Association.
b)
For clubs participating in the AFC Champions League, clubs
must
have
been
granted license
according
to AFC Club Licensing Regulations
or
National Club Licensing Regulations accredited by AFC
c)
The eligible clubs are represented on the following basis
and order
i.
One representative: winner of the top domestic league
championship
ii.
Two representatives: winner of the top domestic league
championship and winner of the domestic knock
-
out competition
iii.
Three representatives: winner and of the top domestic league
championship
winner of the domestic knock
-
out competition
and runner
-
up of t
he top domestic league championship.
iv.
Four representatives: winner of the top domestic league
championship
-
out competition
and
runner
-
up and third
-
placed club
of the top domestic league
championship.
d)
In the event that the winn
er of the domestic knock
-
out competition is
also the winner
, runner
-
up or third
-
placed club
of the top domestic
league, the
Club
s which shall represent its National
Association
shall be
nominated as follows
:
i.
One representative: winner of the top domestic
league
championship
ii.
Two representatives: winner
and runner
-
up
of the top domestic
league championship
iii.
Three representatives: winner
runner
-
up
and third
-
placed club
of
t
he top domestic league championship
iv.
Four representatives: winner, runner
-
up
third
-
pl
aced club
and
fourth
-
placed club
of the top domestic league championship
e)
The winner, runner
-
up, third
-
placed club or fourth
-
placed club of the
top domestic league championship can only be nominated from the top
domestic league championship ending in the
year preceding the current
Competition.

Entry to Group Stages

Source?

Thought the same too.

I think the FFA even had to plead a case with the AFC for the GF to have anything to do with the ACL. The concept of a team finishing in the bottom half of the A-League table and potentially 20+ points behind the premiers (like last season) but still being able to qualify for the confederation's most prestigious tournament doesn't make much sense to them.  I wonder why!  

Entry to Group Stages

Source?

Thought the same too.

SECTION 3:

Eligible Clubs

a)AFC shall determine the Club,its National Associations and affiliated Leagues who are eligible for the Competition as well as the number of clubs from each Member Association.

b)For clubs participating in the AFC Champions League, clubs must have been granted license according to AFC Club Licensing Regulations or National Club Licensing Regulations accredited by AFC.

c)The eligible clubs are represented on the following basis and order.

i.One representative: winner of the top domestic league championship

ii.Two representatives: winner of the top domestic league championship and winner of the domestic knock-out competition

iii.Three representatives: winner and of the top domestic league championship, winner of the domestic knock-out competition and runner-up of the top domestic league championship.

iv.Four representatives: winner of the top domestic league championship, winner of the domestic knock-out competition and runner-up and third-placed club of the top domestic league championship.

d)In the event that the winner of the domestic knock-out competition is also the winner, runner-up or third-placed club of the top domestic league, the Clubs which shall represent its National Association

shall be nominated as follows:

i.One representative: winner of the top domestic league championship

ii.Two representatives: winner and runner-up of the top domestic league championship

iii.Three representatives: winner, runner-up and third-placed club of the top domestic league championship

iv.Four representatives: winner, runner-up, third-placed club and fourth-placed club of the top domestic league championship

e)The winner, runner-up, third-placed club or fourth-placed club of thetop domestic league championship can only be nominated from the top domestic league championship ending in the year preceding the current Competition.

Entry to Group Stages

Source?

Thought the same too.

SECTION 3:
Eligible Club
s
a)
AFC shall determine the Club
its
National Associations
and affiliated
Leagues
who are eligible for the Competition as well as the number of
clubs from each Member Association.
b)
For clubs participating in the AFC Champions League, clubs
must
have
been
granted license
according
to AFC Club Licensing Regulations
or
National Club Licensing Regulations accredited by AFC
c)
The eligible clubs are represented on the following basis
and order
i.
One representative: winner of the top domestic league
championship
ii.
Two representatives: winner of the top domestic league
championship and winner of the domestic knock
-
out competition
iii.
Three representatives: winner and of the top domestic league
championship
-
out competition
and runner
-
up of t
he top domestic league championship.
iv.
Four representatives: winner of the top domestic league
championship
-
out competition
and
runner
-
up and third
-
placed club
of the top domestic league
championship.
d)
In the event that the winn
er of the domestic knock
-
out competition is
also the winner
, runner
-
up or third
-
placed club
of the top domestic
league, the
Club
s which shall represent its National
Association
shall be
nominated as follows
:
i.
One representative: winner of the top domestic
league
championship
ii.
Two representatives: winner
and runner
-
up
of the top domestic
league championship
iii.
Three representatives: winner
runner
-
up
and third
-
placed club
of
t
he top domestic league championship
iv.
Four representatives: winner, runner
-
up
third
-
pl
aced club
and
fourth
-
placed club
of the top domestic league championship
e)
The winner, runner
-
up, third
-
placed club or fourth
-
placed club of the
top domestic league championship can only be nominated from the top
domestic league championship ending in the
year preceding the current
Competition.

Does our Finals Series qualify as the "Domestic Knockout competition"? Four of the A-League teams don't even participate!

My understanding is that the FFA tried to argue that the winner of the GF was the domestic league champion but the AFC would have none of it.  I got the impression from what Gallop said at one time that they are still trying.

It needs to be noted that the AFC changed the qualification system this January and details will not be finalised until November but the rumours should be out once the ranking of the countries in done in the middle of this year.

So to confirm... For example.. if Adelaide, esfc, or mariners win the Gf...

Spot 1 = Brisbane

Spot 2 = Gf winner

Spot 3 = Wanderers (1 game qualification like victory this season)

Is that right?

If the announced change doesn't change the number of spots we get then yes.

So what will happen to the status of the Finals Series in relation to the ACL when we have an FFA Cup champion? Obviously it is more of a proper "domestic knockout competition" than the somewhat contrived, unrepresentative, blink of an eye, over-hyped A-League Finals series.  If Gallop gets his way, we will have a situation where the Premiers, the winners of our league, have to qualify for the ACL, whereas the GF winner and FFA Cup winner qualify automatically. Even more ridiculous, if at some stage we were reduced to two ACL places, we would have a situation where the Premiers wouldn't qualify at all for the ACL. I'd like to hear Gallop explain that one away!  

So what will happen to the status of the Finals Series in relation to the ACL when we have an FFA Cup champion? Obviously it is more of a proper "domestic knockout competition" than the somewhat contrived, unrepresentative, blink of an eye, over-hyped A-League Finals series.  If Gallop gets his way, we will have a situation where the Premiers, the winners of our league, have to qualify for the ACL, whereas the GF winner and FFA Cup winner qualify automatically. Even more ridiculous, if at some stage we were reduced to two ACL places, we would have a situation where the Premiers wouldn't qualify at all for the ACL. I'd like to hear Gallop explain that one away!  

Thats a very good question, hopefully AFC give the spot to the winner of the FFA Cup, force the FFA to devalue the finals series

Interesting chain of thoughts here. I would find it difficult for ACL to allow small team like Marconi, APIA and the rest into ACL because many requirements they required.

Interesting chain of thoughts here. I would find it difficult for ACL to allow small team like Marconi, APIA and the rest into ACL because many requirements they required.

From memory the ACL regulations allow it provided the games are played at a venue that satisfies their stadium and venue regulations.