World Cup 2014 Thread

Best player of the WM2014 finals to fly under the radar and do brilliantly...Schürrle: had an impact against all opposition when brought on as a sub and made sure Germany progressed in their most difficult match against Algeria. Scored more goals by himself than the likes of the entire teams from England, Japan, Italy, Iran and Russia.

It's the first star isn't it, I had a look, pretty sure Germany never won before?

Considering that the DFB was the association responsible for organising and sending teams to the 54, 74 and 90 WM Finals, then yep, anyone west of the Elbe does deserve the fourth star.

Now as for those from the old DDR...

(Pokes POUM to see what Ossie-Solidaritat outrage I can get from him  :ninja: )

Scolari sacked

Deserved it, but a bit like taking away the car keys from a hoon driver. Brazil have set their own path long before Scolari was given the job. Plus it wasn't as if the CBF didn't know what to expect...

It's the first star isn't it, I had a look, pretty sure Germany never won before?

Considering that the DFB was the association responsible for organising and sending teams to the 54, 74 and 90 WM Finals, then yep, anyone west of the Elbe does deserve the fourth star.

Now as for those from the old DDR...

(Pokes POUM to see what Ossie-Solidaritat outrage I can get from him  :ninja: )

Well, seeing as I'm from south of the Weißwurstäquator... :P

But seriously, it's four stars. German "reunification" was more an Anschluß than anything else. The BRD took over politically, and the DFB followed suit in football.

How good was Schweini? So much respect for him and the way he has soldiered on over the last few campaigns. I would assume he (and perhaps Klose and maybe Poldi as well) will think long and hard about saying bis spater to the Mannschaft...Lahm will stay on until at least the 2016 Euros. 

BTW how did Aguero stay on after that strike to Bastian's face? He was already on one yellow and he deserved another for the way he struck Schweinsteiger.

Farewell #SBSWorldCup: 64 matches live, over 700 hundred hours of coverage, reaching 10.7m Australians, 13.8m video streams

The same thing that makes them so special is the same thing that is now so devastating ... four more years! Withdrawals are starting to hit!

My mates in the mix there. He went to the live sites in berlin during the WC too. I'll have to grab some of his pics and videos....hopefully before the thread is locked.

Its too early to lock Mack!