The Matilda's, Australian Woman's national football team

3 hours ago, Taurus said:

Gallop has brought the game into disrepute.

My media sources suggest that the situation is becoming sordid & is likely to erupt

Edited by marron
12 minutes ago, papersun said:

Sordid in what sense?

Sacking a coach based on anonymous surveys, not telling anyone the actual reasons for the sacking, that a bunch of people close to or in the team have spoken out against the sacking or in favour of Staj who has had his name dragged through the mud and is probably looking into legal action right now, and then after all that, Gallop is trotted out to do his usual smokescreen corporate bullshit where he says everything but nothing at all and now the FFA Board are having their own meeting.

I’m a person who is overweight so feel comfortable saying that fat chicks shouldn’t be playing for Matilda’s haha 

seriously though are they going to hire mother Theresa as replacement the more I read and hear the more sounds like ffa are scared of some sort of me too movement 

59 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Shocking & unpleasant  

There was a possibly defamatory comment posted on another football forum about a member of the coaching staff, I hope that it's not correct.

2 hours ago, mack said:

Sacking a coach based on anonymous surveys, not telling anyone the actual reasons for the sacking, that a bunch of people close to or in the team have spoken out against the sacking or in favour of Staj who has had his name dragged through the mud and is probably looking into legal action right now, and then after all that, Gallop is trotted out to do his usual smokescreen corporate bullshit where he says everything but nothing at all and now the FFA Board are having their own meeting.

I really hope that this is the downfall of Gallop. It can't come soon enough.

1 minute ago, Edinburgh said:

The way it has been reported/announced it sounds more like a board decision rather than a Gallop decision 

More like recommended by Gallop to the rookie board. Gallop is owning that decision, why else would the press conference be held at his watering hole, the Coogee Bat Hotel, deep in Smurf territory.

;)

Kevin Aires hit a real nerve with his question to Gallop. It’s the first time I’ve ever seen Gallop display any sort of emotion. His legal background is coming out at the moment and something ain’t right whatever it is. Very odd. 

This situation is just typical of the FFA regardless - jump straight to a conclusion and decision to appear ‘strong’ yet offer no insight into the events, though processes or decision making process surrounding the incident.

No ones asking for a transcript of every single word spoken at FFA HQ but if they would just disclose some facts and details about things they would spare themselves so much criticism. 

I’m all for keeping human beings safe and respected but I really hope this Me Too movement isnt starting to infiltrate women’s sport. Just when it is starting to really grow too. The professional sporting realm is an entirely different beast to normal life, it’s brutal and aggressive but that doesn’t mean people are being targeted or abused. Prime example people have mentioned above is skin folds - that was the first thing I thought of when I read body shaming.

4 hours ago, PennoBoy said:

That article by Bossi will get revealed as a smokescreen too. The real reason is much more sensitive and controversial according to player sources.

Bossi being Gallop's lapdog 

6 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Makes you wonder even more doesn't it 

He makes some valid points though.

Lucy's and Garbies tweets are giving us food for thought but then you have the Matildas coming out and supporting him so that leaves us with more questions.

I don't think the FFA want to give any answers because there are maybe a lot of legal issues here that could harm all 3 parties.

But I am still trying to figure out why Our Watch were part of this because with them being involved, its making the whole thing very sus.

These so called "in the know' people get on my wick a little bit.   It's seems to smack of elitism to me and being a bit precious, that they think they're the only ones who should  be entitled to know what's going on.

I think it will all come out eventually anyway.

Also the journalists should out the people with an agenda and force themselves to explain themselves.

1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

Makes you wonder even more doesn't it 

Cheryl Downes on the Daily football Show alluded to this as well that legally they may not be able to provide any information that also any information provided could be damaging as it is not only Stajic in the firing line but a quiet a few back room staff in the Matildas setup. 

• mack locked this topic