Sign in to follow this  
Nnnnnathan12

The Matilda's, Australian Woman's national football team

FFA a bad apple spoils the bunch .

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

I also recall a few female journalists/commentators giving it the "If you knew what we know" line at the time. What say they now?

Ever since Gallop has been in the saddle he's ridden the horse into the ground. And now he trots out this apology for something that shouldn't have happened in the first place. The sooner he's sent to the knackery the better.

11 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Ever since Gallop has been in the saddle he's ridden the horse into the ground. And now he trots out this apology for something that shouldn't have happened in the first place. The sooner he's sent to the knackery the better.

Geez, I wish I'd said that. :)

Do you guys remember when the FFA released their 4 year "strategic" plan in 2016?

If you can't, don't go looking for it because it was here:

https://www.myfootball.com.au/dct/ffa-dtc-performgroup-eu-west-1/13152_FOOTBALL_FFA Strategy Infographic_A4_FINAL_15j708y6a5m5o1i2xdzwc3cjf0.PDF

It divided opinion at the time (it was ****).  One of the problems with it was that there was no actual targets - they vaguely said that their goal for the A-league was increased tv ratings, but never said what number they were aiming for.

The ONLY area they had specific targets were the performances of the national teams at major tournaments (the area with the most luck involved!!).  The Socceroos were to make it out of their group at the 2017 Confed Cup and 2018 World Cup, and the Matildas were to make the semis of the 2019 World Cup.

At the time I was scathing, saying it was typical of them to have a target in an area they have the least control over. How silly of me. They have a huge impact on the teams' chances to win.  A negative one. They have totally sabotaged this team. One week before the World Cup they release this! They've had 4 ******* months. It's almost like they are intentionally setting out to undermine the campaign. Releasing information that could disrupt the team is the kind of thing that your rivals do, or the media, or the media of your rivals, NOT your own FA.

How many times do we have to ask "how many times can they **** up"? The Matildas were the jewel in the crown, surely there is nothing left for them to ruin.

A few things:

- I imagine that once the lawyers got involved that nothing was going to be sorted out quickly. I agree, that it would have been nice to be sorted out ASAP but unfortunately once lawyers get involved, well....

- All AS wanted out of this whole process was an apology & to clear his name. I think it says a lot about his character as I think many would have been out for much more. The payout he received was the contractual payout of his remaining contract which was FFA’s right to terminate.

- The shame of this whole saga is that it is too little, too late. After what Reid said in public, it seems his reputation in the women’s game was trashed. 

- Reid seems to have had a personal vendetta against AS, she  and a few others were determined  to get rid of him. She should resign, unfortunately nobody can force her to resign of her own volition with the only other mechanism being the congress. After what we saw with the change of constitution, there are so many factions & power plays at work, it’s unlikely anything will happen.

- The whole “if you knew what I knew”, it’s actually the other side which is more interesting. Much of the shady dealings of Reid & the like seem to be all in the background & I’d love to know the whole story. The silence from the “if you knew what I knew” crowd is appalling.

- Something needs to come from this whole saga, board held to account? Reid sacked? Gallop highwood and/or casserly sacked? Or the very least an inquiry with the findings made public. At least for now, it’s better that this is put to the side for the sake of our chances in France. We don’t need any more distractions, squad rifts being reopened or issues from this inquiry. Need to put all our focus on the task at hand.

- New leadership, new board but same old backroom politics & agenda shenanigans.

Edit: Just read an article (hack alert) that the payout included WC bonus plus loss to reputation payout. This likely explains the delay in putting putting this issue to bed with the lawyers involved & waiting for the monthly board meeting to ratify the agreement/issue apology.

Did anyone watch the SBS article on this last night? I didn't but they were due to discuss it with the known Staj hater, Jo Peters.

so many Van's on the Netherlands team

Last warm up game before the WC and we get pumped 0-3. FFA must be proud of themselves.

3 hours ago, Taurus said:

I hope the white ants are satisfied

When you get Milicic coaching a national team it's back to f****** Ange-ball 

I doubt Sam has intentionally said this as a dig to AS but it certainly sounds that way.