The Matilda's, Australian Woman's national football team

Young Matilda's lost 0-7.

Japan too slick and generally too slow

Poor defending on the right led to the penalty. 

Fowler isolated upfront without a playmaker in MF.

The only shining light was Courtney Nevin defending as LB and occasionally in the middle. Should be a starter for WS Wanderers W-League team.

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

Young Matilda's lost 0-7.

Japan too slick and generally too slow

Poor defending on the right led to the penalty. 

Fowler isolated upfront without a playmaker in MF.

The only shining light was Courtney Nevin defending as LB and occasionally in the middle. Should be a starter for WS Wanderers W-League team.

Wow.....I didn't watch the game but if we're going to be honest that's a bad scoreline for a junior national team to concede. Are we that far behind in skill.?

Edited by sonar

Anyone going to tomorrow’s game (or anyone who knows a thing or two about Ticketek) - what’s the deal with the Ticketek website only offering print at home tickets as the sole delivery mechanism? For once I had access to a printer, but without it I would have been somewhat inconvenienced.

The crowd looks a little sparse but it looks like everyone’s jammed in the eastern stand with me so it’s hard to see. I reckon it’s more than the crowd we had against the Roar.

Dominating the game and should be way more than 1-0 up.

33 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

U19 girls won't be going to their world cup. Lost 1-9 to Korea Republic.:wacko:

Wow...is that 16 goals conceded in two games..?......embarassing to say the least.

• 1 month later...

Womens World Cup bid now down to 4.

Korea Republic pulled out so the FIFA favorite is now gone. 

The FFA/NZF is up against bids from the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF), Colombian Football Federation (FCF) and Japan Football Association (JFA). 

FIFA confirm final four bidders for 2023 Women's World Cup https://www.sbs.com.au/fifa-confirm-final-four-bidders-for-2023-women-s-world-cup?cid=twgapp:socialshare:copylink

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Women's Olympic Qualifying games are set for Wigan in China. The new virus mentioned in the article is centred on Wigan. They will have to move the location of these games.

China admits new virus is passing through human contact, as cases mount http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-21/china-confirms-human-to-human-transmission-of-new-coronavirus/11884630

Just now, mack said:

FFA should play the 2nd and 3rd Australian games at Parramatta assuming the schedule remains the same. 1st game wouldn't want to play the day after Rugby Union though.

Penrith beacons

• mack locked this topic