Jump to content
Nnnnnathan12

The Matilda's, Australian Woman's national football team

Recommended Posts

You have to wonder whether play 3 games in so many days won’t have an effect on the players, perhaps why such an underwhelming performance but it’s same for both teams. Plus China spent 2 weeks in a hotel as preparation, we can’t have any complaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This side to side and back passing from defence will cost us if we keep making errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sonar said:

This side to side and back passing from defence will cost us if we keep making errors.

The keeper needs to put her foot through it occasionally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sonar said:

This side to side and back passing from defence will cost us if we keep making errors.

Playing to f***ing Dutch mafia curriculum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what happens when you **** around with ball at the back....fmd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mack said:

We're looking awful so far after 90 minutes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol 1-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very uninspiring to say the least. At times it looked as if most of the team were trying to convince us they hadn't kicked a ball before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they were guilty of believing their own publicity. After comfortable victories over relative minnows, some media outlets (of all kinds) went overboard in their praise. Once again several players went missing for most of the game when faced with quality opponents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Maybe they were guilty of believing their own publicity. After comfortable victories over relative minnows, some media outlets (of all kinds) went overboard in their praise. Once again several players went missing for most of the game when faced with quality opponents.

Poor quality coaching by Milicic was the chief contributor. 

Or were they thinking about their upcoming rescheduled W-league games. For example, Heartle$$ Women v Melb Vic Women moved to Sunday. No such consideration given our W-League team in Round 1 with Amy Harrison playing 2 days in a row with Lynn Williams and Denise O'Sullivan travelling back from International duty. F*** the W-League organisers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to know what the Chinese supporters were chanting. We were sitting right next to the away bays. Now to my untrained ear it sounded like “No more pizza”.....but that seems unlikely:pardon:
As for the game, the Chinese women were very unlucky not to win that. Clearly better for much of the game and certainly the hungrier team. The turnovers from the Matildas were painful. And there were a lot of times our defence sat back and let them regain possession or couldn’t get back in time for counter attacks. We looked gassed after 70 min. Anyway onwards and upwards.

Edited by Potkorok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Good analysis but I disagree with the comment about Emily Van Egmond. She starred against the lesser lights but had a shocker last night when put under pressure. Credit to her for the great goal but prior to that she was a passenger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Good analysis but I disagree with the comment about Emily Van Egmond. She starred against the lesser lights but had a shocker last night when put under pressure. Credit to her for the great goal but prior to that she was a passenger.

I'd put a question mark there too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Good analysis but I disagree with the comment about Emily Van Egmond. She starred against the lesser lights but had a shocker last night when put under pressure. Credit to her for the great goal but prior to that she was a passenger.

At times it was like watching Borda,Pinitares and Dimas (except with boobs) with the side to side and back passing......:ninja:

Edited by sonar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the since Milicic we haven't really been great and just going through on the quality of individual players. This of course was happening in the last year of Stajic's tenure that there was a bit of downtrend happening and the team hasn't been playing as well as during their height in 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

This of course was happening in the last year of Stajic's tenure that there was a bit of downtrend happening

I feel that the team are still in this slump, doesn’t help when this is AM’s first attempt at management & first coaching position in women’s football.

6 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

I feel like the since Milicic we haven't really been great and just going through on the quality of individual players.

But as soon as we face teams that are of equal strength or in China’s case just matching our physicality & intensity even though you’d say that player for player we have the better team.

21 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Very uninspiring to say the least.

 

20 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Poor quality coaching by Milicic was the chief contributor. 

 

21 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Maybe they were guilty of believing their own publicity. After comfortable victories over relative minnows, some media outlets (of all kinds) went overboard in their praise

It’s hard to disagree with this sort of criticism of the performance. They’ve got to be better if we want to have a decent crack at the Olympics. It’s fantastic that we are making so many inroads & getting to WC’s & olympics but will need to improve significantly if we want to do more than just participate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/02/2020 at 8:10 AM, Potkorok said:

I would love to know what the Chinese supporters were chanting. We were sitting right next to the away bays. Now to my untrained ear it sounded like “No more pizza”.....but that seems unlikely:pardon:

We were right near them as well, i thought it sounded like 'no more dim sum', which is slightly more likely :unknw:

Jokes aside they chanted in chinese and English,  good for them tbh. Our actives were pretty dire in comparison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...