FA Cup final or La Liga decider?

BarcavAtletic

2 subs in 20 min for Atletic

Wow, injury or tactical changes?

Costa and Turan.. both injury

1-0

Insane goal from Alexis. It was ******* amazing!!!!

Beware Socceroos...

Finally Arshital win a trophy

Just reading some reactions from Hull fans this morning and they are similar to after our GF loss, immensely proud of the club and how they all went mental when they scored each time.

9 years without a trophy is a long time for the Gooners but I agree with the Hull supporters in that Arsenal fans will never understand what an event like this means to a club that has won *** all in 100 years.

I know when we lost cup finals at Wembley after the game I was always surprised at the calm satisfaction of the other fans knowing that we would have gone ***** mental, but I guess when you are used to it.

When WSW win a GF we will deff go mental  :xnod:  :good:

Edited by WSWBoro

I think this every year but watching the German final straight after really made it obvious what a **** job they did upgrading wembley. I'm sure it's great to be there and everything but its got absolutely no sense of what it used to be. The olympiastadion retained a sense of itself. They didnt do as much of course but that's kind of the point.

Had the game recorded so missed stayed out of this thread for spoilers:

- Hull scored two goals before arsenal had even arrived at the ground! Great start, especially since Hull have been so shocking the last dew weeks in the EPL

- You always felt that Arsenal at 2-1, looked likely to score a second with nearly 70mins remaining as it was just too long to hold on for the win.

- When it was 2-2, only one team looked likely to win the game as Hull looked out on there feet and even though they had an outlet in the second half, there chances were few and far between.

- In all honesty, I don't know how Arsenal made this so difficult for themselves by going two goals behind which is just pathetic from then and even though you expected them to get that goal I thought it was pretty average saying a lot about the lack of future success I predict for Arsenal in the next few years

I think this every year but watching the German final straight after really made it obvious what a **** job they did upgrading wembley. I'm sure it's great to be there and everything but its got absolutely no sense of what it used to be. The olympiastadion retained a sense of itself. They didnt do as much of course but that's kind of the point.

Did you go to Wembley before it was knocked down and rebuilt!!!! I did a number of times and it was **** horrendous and also quite dangerous! The lower terrace was an old standing terrace that in the mid 80's they bolted flat seats on to (no back rest). The rake of the terrace meant all you could see was the back of the persons head in front. People say this about ANZ but that is nothing compared to how it was sat in the bottom part at Wembley.

The bogs were circa 1930's and very small which meant many blokes just used to take a piss anywhere. I remember the ZDS cup final in 1990 against Chelsea there was urine flowing like a river in the concourse behind the stand and down the terrace steps. Also a fair bit of blood flowing that day also as the fans got at each other at half time!

The posts holding up the roof interrupted many views from the upper section and if you were really unlucky you got a seat right in line with the post. I remember seeing one guy who had the seat right in front of the post, his nose was almost up against it  :rofl:

The gutters on the roof used to back up so that when it rained even in the supposedly dry areas a stream of water would come down in places and those in the unlucky area would get a good soaking.

The entrance stairwells were too narrow and door ways too small, dangerously so. How there wasn't serious accidents I don't know. Took ages to get in and even longer to get out. I remember being pushed up against the old concrete wall and a big chunk crumbling out of the wall.

People get a bit romantic about the old Wembley stadium, the twin towers outside and 1966 and all that but the truth is it was a **** hole. Supporters used to be excited about their team in a final but not about the hassle of being there.

When I went to the new Wembley for the first time I couldn't believe it! For those of us who suffered through the urine, crushes and shite sight lines it was truely wonderful. Every seat has a good view and I love the design. I put it up there with the best stadium I have ever been to. :good:

Edited by WSWBoro

Meant purely aesthetically boro. I only had a tourist look in, never saw it in action but have heard all those things before. What I mean is its a shame it doesn't look anything like it did, at all - not even a trace. It's not really the same place. Whereas the olympiastadion is thoroughly modern but has still maintained its look. I don't doubt the new wembley is fantastic as a stadium but its not iconic. For somewhere with so much history I think that's a huge shame.

What a night of football!!

Had the FA cup going on the PC sound down & La Liga on the big screen.

Was so happy to see Atletico win the league. I haven't watched an awful lot of La Liga live, just a lot of highlights, goals etc. But to watch Atletico overcome first the injuries, then the goal, shows what Simeone has created. The relentless pressing that they apply is amazing. That second half performance was as intense as I have ever seen.

These are the beautiful football stories that make the game what it is. Atletico have taken the two superpowers of Spanish football down & it was based on quality, passionate football. I see parallels with their club & our own & this is why I am so happy for them.

Meant purely aesthetically boro. I only had a tourist look in, never saw it in action but have heard all those things before. What I mean is its a shame it doesn't look anything like it did, at all - not even a trace. It's not really the same place. Whereas the olympiastadion is thoroughly modern but has still maintained its look. I don't doubt the new wembley is fantastic as a stadium but its not iconic. For somewhere with so much history I think that's a huge shame.

The arch looks pretty smart and can be seen from miles away on a clear day. I went on that big wheel next to the Thames last time I was there and you could see it clearly on the sky line and instantly know that is Wembley. All the other tourists in the same pod seemed to know what it was also and were snapping away. Still has something about it.

Also the arch was built by a load of Teessider constructors who packed it full of Boro scarves and old shirts  :rofl: When ever I am there and I look up at the arch I think there is Boro stuff inside that and will be forever lol

Edited by WSWBoro