Discussion about potential A-League draw

Really soon I believe as last season's fixture was released on May 22.

But since we have the FFA cup and the Asian Cup this, I assume that will be causing the delay.

With all these air fare sales going on, I would like to start planning for away trips too :)

Edited by wanderersfanatic

Next season hoping to do the following away trips

Adelaide

Melbourne City / Heart (MV has too much hassle associated with it, and anyway City/Heart are the new big boys in Melbourne)

Wellington (need a good timing for this one, school holiday season would be good as want to link it in with a family holiday to NZ)

Newcastle as per usual

CCM as per usual.

O and Morocco for the club world cup in December which I can link in with a flight back to Europe at that time   :crazy::good:

Edited by WSWBoro

Next season hoping to do the following away trips

Adelaide

Melbourne City / Heart (MV has too much hassle associated with it, and anyway City/Heart are the new big boys in Melbourne)

Wellington (need a good timing for this one, school holiday season would be good as want to link it in with a family holiday to NZ)

Newcastle as per usual

CCM as per usual.

O and Morocco for the club world cup in December which I can link in with a flight back to Europe at that time   :crazy::good:

..and the derbies. Wonder if there will be one at ANZ to start the season or we will get 2 at Parra?

which may mean more midweek football as the season can't really extend much past what it already is ?

midweek football at Parra under lights ftmfw

It sure can I believe. What we will need is some sort of agreement between codes to share stadia, as there is nothing football related keeping us from going past May. Since we have the Asian Cup in January, the league will extend. For those planning on booking, I'd rather wait as proper planning for next years schedule will take a while. If brought out too early it might need revision which will cost everyone airfare money.

for the derbies with the smurfs, im tipping there to be 1 game at wanderland, 1 at allianz and 1 at ANZ.

Regarding the Derby,

In our first season, we had 2 games at Wanderland and 1 at Allianz.

Second season, 2 Allianz and 1 Wanderland.

Now that we are all even stevens,

Moving forward in my opinion, #YestoANZ for the 1st or 3rd Derby game of the season.

For game 2 and 3 or game 1 or game 2, one each between Wanderland and Allianz.

And to add more competition, what are your thoughts if there would be a Sydney Derby trophy each year? Best team out of the 3 games.

In my opinion, it would generate more competition within the pitch and the stands.

Great marketing campaign opportunity to grow football and the A-League within Syney, the battle of East vs West.

Edited by wanderersfanatic

And to add more competition, what are your thoughts if there would be a Sydney Derby trophy each year? Best team out of the 3 games.

In my opinion, it would generate more competition within the pitch and the stands.

Great marketing campaign opportunity to grow football and the A-League within Syney, the battle of East vs West.

I can see why it appeals but I can't stand this sort of thing. The win in a derby on the night is all that matters. I don't want a Mickey Mouse trophy which would also prevent players coming over to celebrate while they all have to line up for ridiculous presentation ceremonies.

I can see why it appeals but I can't stand this sort of thing. The win in a derby on the night is all that matters. I don't want a Mickey Mouse trophy which would also prevent players coming over to celebrate while they all have to line up for ridiculous presentation ceremonies.

I agree, trophies for individual league games is all International Rugga Union ra ra ra boys stuff.

Leave it to cup competitions.

Edited by WSWBoro

To have cups for regular season matches, it is almost as if we are trying to create interest in our game because our game isn't interesting enough! Ala rugby league or union, derby matches are big enough we don't need to create cups/metals to get people excited for the match!

Also guys don't forget that the A League HQ needs to liaise with Sydney Trains to ensure that the both Newcastle and CCM away games coincide with track work schedules for the Central Coast / Newcastle line.

These things take time to bring together.

Also guys don't forget that the A League HQ needs to liaise with Sydney Trains to ensure that the both Newcastle and CCM away games coincide with track work schedules for the Central Coast / Newcastle line.

And then they have to work with the NRL to make sure that there is a game on the central coast the week after and there is no trackwork on that weekend

No corrdination required.

Trackworks on this line is pretty much every weekend.

Makes you wonder why it takes so long to get the tracks right. Wait a minute, what am I thinking? It is the Government.

Actually, at the moment, there is track work nearly every weekend. Major building works are going on at Nth Strathfield and Concord West, including the building of a goods line underpass of the main northern line and rebuilding of Concord West station.

Edited by Wanderboy

Season opener at ANZ?

**** no.

The fact that they open the season with the Melbourne derby is bad enough. I hate  it.

Derbies should be Round 5-8 imo

It should be completely random. Sometimes a derby in the opening round can be epic, as long as it doesn't happen every year.

Season opener at ANZ?

pretty sure, like it or not, that this is going to happen.

so there taking one of our home games to homebush,  is that what your saying? Or is this the smurfs home game. given we should have 2 home derbies this year i assume its the former - if true