I say mostly used to prop up the jets in a few months when tinkler chucks it in

I think that the Newcastle Jets will be okay compared to the Newcastle Knights, 

The main problem with the Knights is that Tinkler has to guarantee $10.5m per year for the Knights and he could come up with the money,

I doubt that the Jets require such a large investment from Tinkler to keep them afloat.

I doubt that Tinkler has spent a lot of money on the Jets anyway, he only bought them to show that he could run a sporting club for a year so then he could by the Knights

Even if Lyall got more money,it's not our money he's taking.  It's a cut of the sale, which means it's a cut of the FFA's money that is being distributed amongst the other clubs. Seeing as they're only getting a cut to shut up their whinging about FFA 'bias' towards us, I'd rather it go to Lyall who did do a good job than to Perth/Sydney/Victory who sooked until they got their share

Even if Lyall got more money,it's not our money he's taking.  It's a cut of the sale, which means it's a cut of the FFA's money that is being distributed amongst the other clubs. Seeing as they're only getting a cut to shut up their whinging about FFA 'bias' towards us, I'd rather it go to Lyall who did do a good job than to Perth/Sydney/Victory who sooked until they got their share

It's essentially no different to a bonus with any other employer: achieve a specific goal and you  get x-amount in return. His role was to administer a new club and find a buyer, he did so, he negotiated those terms in the contract so good luck to him.

I like how your new owner sponsors Hakoah FC in East Sydney by majority of everyone's account that's the same as Sydney FC 

http://www.maccabi.com.au/NSW/HakoahSydneyCityEastFC/Sponsors.cfm

Why would a pork/meat company sponsor a Jewish team if they can't eat pork?

I'm sure Primo sponsor a lot more than Bondi Tel Aviv considering Primo's owner has the same background.

As long as they don't sponsor AFL I'm happy.

Sorry to burst your bubble, however it's not quite sponsorship though

http://www.pirtek.com.au/pirtek-awards-5000-best-afl-tipster/

Guest Southy

I like how your new owner sponsors Hakoah FC in East Sydney by majority of everyone's account that's the same as Sydney FC 

http://www.maccabi.com.au/NSW/HakoahSydneyCityEastFC/Sponsors.cfm

Why would a pork/meat company sponsor a Jewish team if they can't eat pork?

I'm sure Primo sponsor a lot more than Bondi Tel Aviv considering Primo's owner has the same background.

As long as they don't sponsor AFL I'm happy.

Sorry to burst your bubble, however it's not quite sponsorship though

http://www.pirtek.com.au/pirtek-awards-5000-best-afl-tipster/

The guy who owns Primo is jewish 

People get all excited when their club gets sold for an enormous amount of money because it makes the club look good but really we'd want the opposite. You want the club to sell for as cheap as possible so more money stays with the people who'll need it to run the club and less goes to the people who are leaving.

On the topic of Gorman's bonus:

Isn't it just extra incentive to push up the price?

Yes, it means more for him - but doesn't it also mean more money for the club as well? Which is what we all want?

No.  Pushing up the price means more money for the FFA and more money for Gorman and less money that the new owners have to spend on running the club.

B-b-b-b-but what about that touching email I received? I didn't think a CEO was capable of this!?

That email gives me goosebumps when I read it.

Goosebumps? From fear or pride?

I read the email once and went "We sure have made him a lot of money!"

The email was then placed in the trash

I should have added a smiley in there somewhere. Lol.

I wonder why this is the first we're hearing of the Lyall clause.

What's your theory?

I know I certainly would never publicise the details of my employment contract with everyone in society...

People get all excited when their club gets sold for an enormous amount of money because it makes the club look good but really we'd want the opposite. You want the club to sell for as cheap as possible so more money stays with the people who'll need it to run the club and less goes to the people who are leaving.

Assuming it's a percentage take, then the more money the club sells for, the more money for the people who runs the club.

Likely only the highest of the high ranking officials knew it. Lyall, Buckley, Gorman, Lowy, then as the club was appointed to be sold, likely a few of the UBS people, and then the new owners. It's likely not even De Bohun knew about it.

What's your theory?

Simples...

Lyall is in cahoots with the same guys who faked the moon landings, who killed Marilyn Monroe to protect JFK, who blew up the Twin Towers on behalf of the CIA after reading that Nostradamus and JRR Tolkien were Communists, who put fluoride in the water to make us all think the same and of course the western suburbs is really just a warehouse for the people who have bribed the immigration department to avoid following the Manuka Midgets.

conspiracy.jpg

What's your theory?

Simples...

Lyall is in cahoots with the same guys who faked the moon landings, who killed Marilyn Monroe to protect JFK, who blew up the Twin Towers on behalf of the CIA after reading that Nostradamus and JRR Tolkien were Communists, who put fluoride in the water to make us all think the same and of course the western suburbs is really just a warehouse for the people who have bribed the immigration department to avoid following the Manuka Midgets.

conspiracy.jpg

We're through the looking glass here people.

http://vimeo.com/48904663

Guest mickisnot

Likely only the highest of the high ranking officials knew it. Lyall, Buckley, Gorman, Lowy, then as the club was appointed to be sold, likely a few of the UBS people, and then the new owners. It's likely not even De Bohun knew about it.

LOL De Bohun

It's likely he couldn't name all ten teams in the A-league

LOL De Bohun

to be fair sydney fc and melbourne heart/city are pretty easy to forget

LOL De Bohun

Didn't something similar happen at an NRL dinner or something, Cronulla Sutherland snakes or something

LOL De Bohun

Didn't something similar happen at an NRL dinner or something, Cronulla Sutherland snakes or something

i think he got a few of the teams mixed up or something

I'm hearing reports that Lyall is going to the Brisbane Lions (AFL)!

Apparently the AFL are throwing lots of coin his way and want him out of Western sydney because he is fu€king over GWS