Punters Corner

Guest ZipGunBop

For any Liverpool fans on here, there's a greyhound called Benteke racing at Wentworth Park tonight. It's in the heats of a Group series and looks like it could be quite handy. It's trialled well in the lead up to the race.

If you like betting on the greyhounds, there's a few ones with interesting names racing right now as well. I can't speak for their form but I like the names.

There's a Wander Lust racing around Canberra and there's a Mr. Paranoia going over in WA. Maybe chuck a sneaky bet on, you never know :)

For any Liverpool fans on here, there's a greyhound called Benteke racing at Wentworth Park tonight. It's in the heats of a Group series and looks like it could be quite handy. It's trialled well in the lead up to the race.

If you like betting on the greyhounds, there's a few ones with interesting names racing right now as well. I can't speak for their form but I like the names.

There's a Wander Lust racing around Canberra and there's a Mr. Paranoia going over in WA. Maybe chuck a sneaky bet on, you never know :)

There is a horse in good form called Popovich too

Hope some of you got on this. It just romped in at Wentworth Park in the quickest time of the night so far. 

It only paid $1.50 but you don't go broke backing winners... :)

It goes onto the semi finals next week and if it makes it through to the final, it's worth $25,000. 

I think TAB stuffed up on the 1st Goalscorer / Correct Score Double market. All the Bruce Djite options were massive overs given he was only paying $7 the straight out 1st GS. I've taken the lot, cheapest way home is $364 into 1-1 (translates to $52 for the correct score bet). Anything else is cream.

GO BROOOOOOCE!

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a small wager with my colleague from Melbourne based on our A-League and EPL teams. It's based on the sum of finishing position in each comp. So the bet is:

Finishing position (WSW + MUFC) vs Finishing position (MV + THFC)

As of this second it's all square at 8 apiece (my 3 + 5 plays his 6 + 2). It's been a pretty tight bet for weeks now.

I've had a small wager with my colleague from Melbourne based on our A-League and EPL teams. It's based on the sum of finishing position in each comp. So the bet is:

As of this second it's all square at 8 apiece (my 3 + 5 plays his 6 + 2). It's been a pretty tight bet for weeks now.

Shouldn't the equation relate to points earn't rather than finishing position 

Shouldn't the equation relate to points earn't rather than finishing position 

He's from Melbourne, he can't count that high.

• 5 years later...
On 16/10/2021 at 4:40 PM, Bones said:

Everest can suck a fat one, should've backed the favourite.

let's go Caulfield Cup.

I told my Boss at work on Saturday morning that Moody's needy Incentivise was a beast & would win by 3+ lengths on a slow or improving track. He liked The 2nd pony Nonconformist so I hope he followed me in & struck some of the exotics.   

19 hours ago, Taurus said:

I told my Boss at work on Saturday morning that Moody's needy Incentivise was a beast & would win by 3+ lengths on a slow or improving track. He liked The 2nd pony Nonconformist so I hope he followed me in & struck some of the exotics.   

This is my tip for the Melbourne Cup. It's won the last 5 races.

I also had my eye on Delphi cause Damien Oliver has been riding it the last few races and it's been finishing in a few places and had a win as well. I thought it might have a chance to win in the Caulfield cup. However, it went pretty bad (I think it finished 6th). It'll be interesting to see if it'll compete in the Melbourne Cup. 

Another horse I've had my eye on is Zaaki which will race in the Cox Plate. It'll probably be the favourite but it's been running well lately. 

58 minutes ago, Bones said:

Can it take the weight is the question now but it looks good.

The 1.5kg penalty is realistic & may cost him a length & a half at the end of 3200m. Nothing that finished behind Incentvise in the CC (his nearest rival being 5.5 lengths back) can beat him on weights in the Melbourne Cup. 

• 2 weeks later...

That's nice. I used to have a thing for horses / dogs that started with 'Z' so I used to back this greyhound called 'Zsa Zsa' all the time. Used to race at Richmond, it would always win or get a place when I backed it.

Obviously, I'm backing the favourite, 2. Incentivise. Just looks too good and don't think it'll be beaten.

I'm also liking Kerrin McEvoy's ride, which is 16. Grand Promenade. Did alright the other day at Flemington.

I also been keeping an eye on Damien Oliver's ride, 7. Delphi. He usually performs well at Melbourne Cup and Delphi has performing okish.

So, I'll probably back those three in a trifecta (2-16-7).

• 1 month later...

The Keep Wandering Syndicate had their first starter in the shape of Miss Ono at Dubbo dogs yesterday & she did well to run a place on debut. 

Whilst I manage the syndicate there are a few well known forumites involved in the ownership of Hearts, being her kennel name.  

There was 1 dog & six bitches in the January 2020 Fernando Bale x Kanzan litter bred by WSW Foundation Member Clinton Payne. Hearts is the last of 7 to get to the races with the other 6 siblings having already won races. Two of her littermates Galah (dog) & Shadea both won their 2nd races on the bounce at the track in 5 days yesterday. The other bitches in the litter include Sekora, Plagiarise (R2,B2 Sandown Sunday night) & Omens (R4B4) at Bathurst Monday arvo. Shadea will also back up in R9,B4 at Bathurst.

Whilst I haven't followed her progress much there's also a bitch racing over in Addington NZ by the name of Sugar Time.  

https://www.thedogs.com.au/racing/dubbo/2021-12-23/1/ladbrokes-com-au-maiden

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst Miss Ono didn't have any luck yesterday at Bathurst, the remainder of the litter are attracting plenty of attention. 

https://www.thegreyhoundrecorder.com.au/news/spoilt-rotten-shadea-maintains-winning-run-39382?fbclid=IwAR2cvL-sJ6mmjvG4TGAJON0m0U9DRXSqGncBgPEec-DkjQFzN4PXwIhW7GU

Spoilt Rotten Shadea Maintains Winning Run

CUDAL trainer Amanda Gunn has no qualms about telling anyone and everyone she "spoils rotten" an about-to-turn-two year old bitch called Shadea.

David Brasch

3 January 2022

ginn1.jpg

CUDAL trainer Amanda Gunn has no qualms about telling anyone and everyone she “spoils rotten” an about-to-turn-two year old bitch called Shadea.

She is a daughter of the great Fernando Bale and former top class staying bitch Kanzan and raced by breeder Clint Payne and mates which comprise the Quaddie Boys syndicate.

“She’s a joy, an absolute joy,” is how Amanda beams about Shadea.

It is no wonder the bitch gets such treatment considering she has won five of her seven starts to date, all of them over 400m and 450m but it is over distance her connections believe will be her forte.

Kanzan (Dyna Double One-Asterix) was a group class stayer and from the Wheeler direct damline.

“I’ve got four of the litter for Clint and the boys,” said Amanda. “And Kanzan is a spoilt rotten pet at home as well.”

Shadea is on a mission to head towards Wentworth Park.

“I will give her one more 450 metre race, probably at Bathurst, but she will trial over 500 metres and then go to town within the next month,” said Amanda.

Amanda has 27 dogs in training and 55 on her Cudal property.

While she raves about Shadea, she also believes litter brother Galah, the only male in the litter, has outstanding potential as well.

“He has won three out of four for me and in ability he and Shadea are pretty close,” she said. “But, he has a wonderful nature and that may prove his biggest asset in the long run.”

Shadea was named after the thoroughbred version, that high class race mare going on to glory as the mother of legend Lonhro, the winner of 26 races and $5.7 million.

“Clint (Payne) names all his dogs with a thoroughbred theme,” said Amanda.

Payne is a leading racing writer for Racenet.

Kanzan has since produced a two dog litter by Zambora Brockie whelped in March 2021.

“They were huge pups when born,” said Amanda. “There is huge hopes for them as well.”

Of Shadea, Amanda simply says “I don’t know how good she is or could be”.

• 3 weeks later...