Punters Corner

Guest ZipGunBop

Guest mickisnot

I'm not a betting man at all lol

Forget about what I posted above. I possibly should delete it lol.

If you manage to pick the two teams who do qualify from the group you **** the bet right up, I microscope my thinking and overlook key issues.

I'll keep looking for more little weasley ways, I reckon Brazil winning is a sure thing with these paid off referees

Guest ZipGunBop

Going for the big odds will get you burnt.

France to progress into Colombia to progress, chuck a G on it @$1.56 easiest 500 you'll ever make.

Got a couple of bankers going in other sports.

If I have a 1k pool to start with I'd probably rather place 100 x $10 bets.

That is a good price for that result tho.

Guest ZipGunBop

Brag;

Achieved somewhere near 65-70% R.O.I in the AFL this weekend.

Running @ around +25% for the year.

Beat;

If Port hadve gotten up over Sydney (tight match all day, Swans just got home by the skin of their teeth), ROI would've gone past 100%.

All in all tho, very pleasing weekend after a couple of shockers.

Germany to do a job on Portugal tonight @ $1.91.

Then Germany/Ghana/Nigeria in a multi for some fun.

Been a bit hit & miss so far. Uruguay farked a nice multi: Columbia/Uruguay/France/Argentina. But i collected nice on an Ivory Coast win.

Guest ZipGunBop

I'm not confident enough that Germany will be able to handle Ronaldo.

1.91 is a little short for me.

Will check some stats later but I may be tempted into backing the draw, which I think is around the 3.70 mark.

What are the odds on that 3 legger grub?

Must be pretty long?

I'm not confident enough that Germany will be able to handle Ronaldo.

1.91 is a little short for me.

Will check some stats later but I may be tempted into backing the draw, which I think is around the 3.70 mark.

What are the odds on that 3 legger grub?

Must be pretty long?

Getting $9.31 for the multi, it's a pipedream with a bit of change more than anything. Germany must have been backed in, as I'm sure i saw +$2 for it yesterday, but that it where my real money is. If Germany get up i will be reinvesting into Ghana... check their record against the U.S @ World Cup's.

I am banking on German World Cup ruthlessness to prevail. I also have a feeling that teams with key players coming off long & exhausting seasons will struggle. Spain (Real & Atleti), Uruguay (Liverpool & Atleti), England (Liverpool) are proving this so far & Portugal (Real) may continue the trend. So I dont think Ronaldo will be a major threat, or at least his usual threat.

The big question is ... when will this World Cup's first draw occur? The draw is the great money spinner in any football betting option & to be this many games in & not see one yet is surprising.

Guest ZipGunBop

@grub.

Great analysis.

Thanks for the tip, Germany shortening up that much overnight is a factor.

Also, that's a very astute observation re- players in clubs that went long into the season. One that I hadn't really considered beyond injuries.

Ill be putting in some research tonight on the back of that. Good stuff.

Guest ZipGunBop

Going the draw for Ghana vs USA @ 3.55

Still tossing up to have a look at Germany vs Portugal.

Will wait till 5 mins before kickoff then hastily panic bet it.

Guest ZipGunBop

Hope you took Germany. I took a bit of a saver in Ronaldo to score anytime @ $3. So I'm hoping he gets a 94th minute consolation.

Sure did.

5 minutes to kickoff. Haha.

lol my bad yes Germany not portugal (wtf was I thinking at 3am lol)

as u can tell im not a morning person :ninja:

thinking of attempting my first multi, Belgium, Brazil & Russia. yay or nay for those who are more experienced lol?

Edited by Sime11

Multies great for staking low & winning high. Just do them for a bit of fun, don't put too much on. Be prepared for disappointment though. You'll be amazed how many times you get to the last leg with a 'certainty' bringing it home, only for it to get rolled :) for what it's worth I am putting one on tonight - Belgium / Brazil / Netherlands. Unpatriotic maybe, but it's money I'd be more than happy to lose if it got to it.

Haven't seen enough of Russia to really bet on them.

Guest ZipGunBop

I use TAB.

They offer slightly worse odds, but it's ALOT easier to get your winnings out than with others I've been with.

With TAB you have an account with a card that you can make deposit/withdrawals with.