A-League Season 2014/15 Draw Released

Am I getting this right? Our only match against Perth at home will not be at Pirtek? No return of Hersi to Wanderland this coming season?

Round 27

I am confused. According to the updated schedule both round 9 and 27 against the glory are now player on April 25th? What am I missing?

http://wanderers.memberhq.com.au/files/a-league-wanderers/SeasonFixture.pdf?camefrom=EMCL_394229_17878886

What was previously Round 9 ( a round with matches played on all types of days at all points of the year, including us playing Perth on a Tuesday) has been scrapped, and turned into Round 27. Consequently, every other round after 9 moves forward one. We no longer have that community round match against Perth midweek, we now play them on ANZAC day in the final round of the year. The season is now a week longer as a result. Our community round match is now against Wellington in February.

Looks like the official schedule is wrong. They are still listing WSW vs Glory as round now, but it is actually ADE - vs WSW, hence my confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

11/27

So (from a quick comparison) out of our TWENTY SEVEN (27) matches listed on our Wanderers Members 2014/15 - compared to the most up-to-date draw (http://www.a-league.com.au/results/214/2014/7062/0)

ELEVEN (11) matches on the Wanderers fridge magnet, still have the correct date, time and location.

Oh dear....

Matches that ARE currently correct, date, time and location wise, on the fridge magnet:

Fri 07 Nov 2014, 05:30PM - Westpac Stadium
WELLINGTON PHOENIX v WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS

Sat 22 Nov 2014, 05:00PM - Pirtek Stadium
WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS v NEWCASTLE JETS

Sat 13 Dec 2014, 05:00PM - Pirtek Stadium
WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS v MELBOURNE CITY FC

Fri 19 Dec 2014, 08:00PM - Suncorp Stadium
BRISBANE ROAR v WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS

Sun 28 Dec 2014, 05:00PM - Westpac Stadium
WELLINGTON PHOENIX v WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS

SECOND PAGE OF MAGNET:

Thu 01 Jan 2015, 07:30PM - Pirtek Stadium
WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS v CENTRAL COAST MARINERS

Tue 06 Jan 2015, 07:30PM - Pirtek Stadium
WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS v MELBOURNE VICTORY

Sun 01 Feb 2015, 05:00PM - AAMI Park
MELBOURNE CITY FC v WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS

Sat 14 Feb 2015, 05:00PM - Hunter Stadium
NEWCASTLE JETS v WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS

Sun 08 Mar 2015, 05:00PM - Suncorp Stadium
BRISBANE ROAR v WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS

Sat 18 Apr 2015, 05:00PM - Pirtek Stadium
WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS v ADELAIDE UNITED

Ah balls.  Thanks for the family friendly changes..  :xmad:

They were always going to be midweek.

yeah but school holidays would have been better #debohunout (yes I know asian cup etc but let me have a selfish whinge :sad:)

Were screwed this season, apart from first few weeks, we are almost playing 2-3 games a week till seasons end....

It's a small price to pay if we are Australia's first ever champions of Asia.

So much this.

Argh, the Youth League draw has been released & the Wanderers are playing plenty of Monday arvo & other midweek games.

This strategy probably suits the clubs, but it won't entice fans to attend the games.

Someone will need to knock up a colour coded, combined draw for us all to keep as a ready reckoner.

Sometime over the weekend would suffice. 

Please & thank you.

Still don't understand why they can't coordinate the youth league games with the main A-League games, like they do in the NRL. Results in an even more entertaining day/night out for those that can get to the earlier youth game.

It's frustrating - but easy to understand.

1) Too much money for the ground hire eg. security, bar staff.

2) Damages the ground.

Edited by 102megan
  • 1 month later...

Just emailed Nick Duke (Sales and Operations Manager) from the FFA regarding the re-schedule of games

Hi 

The rescheduling of games due to the Wanderers participation in the Club World Cup is currently in process and in consultation with all clubs involved, venues and broadcasters. Once fixture dates have been confirmed they will be announced on www.a-league.com.au We anticipate to have this finalised shortly.

Regards,