Vitor Saba

mack

tl;dr

* I tried, I really did. Except I started complaining and bitching about my treatment on day one.

* Popa's 'hard tone' was saying no-one has better treatment than others and everyone has to work hard all the time.

* I was worked twice as hard than at Brescia, a Serie B team who failed to win a promotion play-off in 2012/13, then finished 13th,  where I played 33 games out of approximately 100 before having to pay out my contract so I could leave.

* I refused to change the way I played for the manager, then didn't bother working at training (despite being told on my first day that everyone has to work hard), and was surprised when the manager stuck me on the bench then didn't want me.

* When I said I should leave the club, Popa said ok, conditional on not allowing me to play with a rival team.

* I left to go back to Serie where I joined a club, was on the bench four times, never got on the pitch, then got released.

* I then joined a team in Greece who are coming last, sacked their manager, then having played 12 games, without scoring or registering an assist, was released the day after the manager got sacked.

Yup.

Clearly Saba was mistreated by Popa, and it's not Saba's fault club after club have signed him, been let down by him, his work rate, his ability, his attitude.

No. It's all because Saba wasn't given a free role and allowed to decided if he should bother training.

The bloke is a deadset flog, 

Thought that he could come to Australia and believe that he's god's gift to the earth

Trying to promote his own fashion clothes before becoming a good player

Instagram posts by a pool at Breakfast Point.

He was everything that this club wasn't

Was willing to cut him some slack at the start, and there was that period between his work against GZE that got the second red card for them in the ACL 1/4 final, and the first derby of last season, where Bozza death rode him, which in turn got the refs conditioned to stick him when they could. However after he came back from that send off you could see there was about as much hunger in him for proving himself as there is for Arnie to take a vow of silence.

The only thing Popa got badly wrong in handling Saba was signing him in the first place. I never understood why he was supposedly keenly observed in the first two seasons whilst we had Tensai, when Saba was spending more time on Brescia's bench than playing.

Whoever his agent is, he or she is on a fool's errand. If Popa can't turn around a lazy show pony Brazilian then no one else can. And I can just see someone like Scott Miller or Tony Walmsley, with all the probs in their sheds going 'I know, let's get Saba'...

His story might have more credibility if WSW wasn't just one of a string of clubs with big talk, small actions and contracts ended early.

I always wanted to like Vitor. Every team needs a touch of crazy, and it was clear he had the talent and the potential to do something great in this league, but only if he was prepared to work for it.

Just another in a long line of skilled but lazy players, wasting their talent and blaming everyone but themselves for it.

His story might have more credibility if WSW wasn't just one of a string of clubs with big talk, small actions and contracts ended early.

I always wanted to like Vitor. Every team needs a touch of crazy, and it was clear he had the talent and the potential to do something great in this league, but only if he was prepared to work for it.

Just another in a long line of skilled but lazy players, wasting their talent and blaming everyone but themselves for it.

Sounds like a perfect fit for the Smurfs or Glory 😜

Boy oh boy did Saba leave some stuff out of that fairytale

That's the first thing I noticed, anyone else notice how it was interesting how he told us things that were relevant to his story? So many holes in it & so many things used that tell one side of the story

not fit to wear the shirt.

will take some beating in any future 'most disliked wanderer' poll

100%, one of the worst things you can do is air your dirty laundry in public. Any respect I had for this guy is now gone, what a ****wit

It does bring up another topic though. If you are a tough boss does that make you a bully?

If you have a confrontation with a manager & it gets to the point where he says "fine, leave the club, off you go" something has happened that vitor has failed to mention (only side of the story told here). After hearing this, are you at all surprised he got frozen out?

Lock and delete thread.

Forget this lazy bitch ever played for us.

The fact he has an ACL winner's medal, and Shinji One doesn't, is a damn disgrace

Ono won the ACL in 2007 with Urawa. But I get your point.

Thanks. That will teach me for typing when I'm angry hahaha

I missed the auto correct on "Ono" as well. Terrible.

• 2 weeks later...