Vitor Saba

mack

13 hours ago, FCB said:

Was an Eeredivisie bench player. Can't be half bad. Had good things to say to Llorente about WSW. 

Whoever ia running that web site must have thought that he looks rather good in red and black. 

https://www.fctables.com/players/vitor_saba-325944/

I wonder if he's grown up yet. Popa thought he was the most talented player he's ever coached, so the story goes. 

the website doesn't show he scored a goal at the club world cup

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Swarth said:

even though i didnt like the guy i feel sorry for him, best of luck to him and his health

Dare I say that the double of his getting that Guangzhau twat sent off & then his own red against the smurfs cruelled his pitch here. The media were out to get him after the first incident & the second reinforced that plus made him a target for the Wrath of Popa. Sure, ill-discipline hurt him but a bloody decent player when he put it together.

3 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Dare I say that the double of his getting that Guangzhau twat sent off & then his own red against the smurfs cruelled his pitch here. The media were out to get him after the first incident & the second reinforced that plus made him a target for the Wrath of Popa. Sure, ill-discipline hurt him but a bloody decent player when he put it together.

oh i love what he did to Guangzhau, honestly if not for his antics during that match i doubt we would have gotten past them he is a huge reason why we won the ACL imo and will always be a somewhat club legend for that, i think one of our most ever talented players

1 minute ago, mack said:

Not listening to a coach who had spent five years in the best league in Asia then five years against the best and toughest players in the world at Crystal Palace for 5 years is what killed his career.

that is the thing after he was with the wanderers he was with like 5 different clubs and he never spent much time in one place he just couldnt get along with anyone, popa was a very strict coach but cant blame popa for this one, maybe our most ever gifted player ever(apart from matt sim) but his personality got in the way too much

12 hours ago, Swarth said:

that is the thing after he was with the wanderers he was with like 5 different clubs and he never spent much time in one place he just couldnt get along with anyone, popa was a very strict coach but cant blame popa for this one, maybe our most ever gifted player ever(apart from matt sim) but his personality got in the way too much

Said it loads of times if he had the application and attitude of Shannon Cole he’d have been a club legend or playing at a higher level 

• 1 year later...

Perhaps the club should reconnect with him in order to source new players of quality.  He sounds more mature in that article - he's grown up, which often happens when we confront a major crisis.  Had to laugh when he spoke about the 2 egos (his and Popa's) coming together.  I'm not sure there would ever really be room for both of them on the same park!

On 03/02/2020 at 6:50 PM, BoyFromTheWest said:

Perhaps the club should reconnect with him in order to source new players of quality.  He sounds more mature in that article - he's grown up, which often happens when we confront a major crisis.  Had to laugh when he spoke about the 2 egos (his and Popa's) coming together.  I'm not sure there would ever really be room for both of them on the same park!

True, good example of this is Nick Kyrgios...

But it would be nice to see him take up some assistance towards the game (something like being an assistant manager later on in life). The guy loves football and definitely has matured. 

Edited by MathyouWSW