Brendan Hamill

mack

Congrats BJ.

BJ might not be every one's ideal CB but he is a true Wanderer, has a big heart, has never given less than his 100%. Other than Santa, BJ is a true Red & Black, no one can doubt his love for our team and the fans.

Has his issues, positioning, skill level but give me BJ any day, he leaves everything on the pitch, more than I can say about some players in last season's and this season's squad, no heart and not giving us, the burned on Wanderers, what we ask, their 100%.

Now that Hamill has been given a position and a chance for him to own it, lets judge him on 2018/2019 rather than the last couple of years where he has been shifted from central, to the right, to the left, and filling in as a Mr Fix It.

He will have a breakout season this year and love that a local boy he has been given a chance to captain the team.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did he get properly assessed when he received whatever injury occurred?

He shouldn't  have been on the pitch as long as he must have been, if it got to the point of not being able to see the ball.

• 4 weeks later...

Sad to see him go. He would have gone back to being a squaddie next season / would have had armband taken from him so understand.

You can never question his commitment and dedication to the club. I think he was exposed due to a weak squad last season, and season before. In a settled squad that needs to rotate due to competing demands and travel he is invaluable. In a club that is in a rebuilding phase that needs to review across the board he is not a fit for us.

Wishing him all the best.

Agree with everything there smoggy, everyone throwing shade his way but he was a good squad player for us but has exposed this season playing more due to a horrible constructed squad.

Hamill said his decision was made to align with an opportunity that allowed him to earn respect from the fans and club.

I’m unsure how to take this statement, on one hand is he saying “I had to leave the club because the club & fans didn’t think I could play a bigger role” or something else?

In retrospect he has received so much unfair abuse since the announcement (okay some of it was valid but most of it?), maybe he was right to go elsewhere & prove he was worthy of a starting place.

Perhaps he didn't appreciate the fans reaction at the games and on forums to all the fine performances the team put in over the last two seasons.....epecially the last one with him as captain. Some folks are really hard to please.....:ninja:

See ya.

Have had enough of our team catering to passengers who say the same crap every week when they are the problem and the ones making the mistakes. He may have played with heart at times over the years, but too many times he was found out and just wasnt the leader or captain we needed.

I will have fond memories of him chasing down an FC Seoul player from halfway to stop a one on one opportunity in the ACL semi final and many last ditch blocks or headers in that ACL campaign, but most of all assisting my other favourite player Jumpei.

Edited by Erebus