Brendan Hamill

mack

CB looking to be our strongest position yet again this season, feel sorry for Hamill being behind arguably the 2 best CB's in the league, would likely start for any other team in the comp but always great to have backup as we so heartbreakingly found out in the final last year.

If only we could have brought Hamill on for Topor last season, id say we would be champions right now... waaaah lol.

Why can't we just push Spira forward in a defensive mid position? Done before and it worked beautifully :)

that la rocca + Poljak midfield, hard to beat them for what they do. Not saying that I woukdnt prefer Spira in midfield if we need cover but more not as a permanent role.

Just a thought on that note, who would you prefer out of La Rocca and Poljak?

Well I can understand Popa's thinking, La Rocca's 30 and Poljak is much younger so understand why he might he might be preferred. To tell you the truth, I really hope that both don't go for a few years yet!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Solution to a fullback problem?

Doesn't stop impressing me, this lad.

Hafta agree, he was rather impressive!

I remember the first time I noticed how speedy he was when he n NTS had that mix-up in centre-circle during an ACL(?) match and he dashed back n made that tackle to stop the 1-on-1 between opposition n Ante. My jaw dropped... and Sat's game was a reminder that he could bring something else to the mix.

Quite like the idea of having CBs that can be used to rotate through our back-line but I wouldnt want it to happen all the time in case of any confusion in terms of positioning.

• 1 month later...

Was surprised to hear this blokes name come up in player movement discussions late last night. :sorry:

Whaaaat?? :( Not suprised if clubs are trying to buy him, he has been great. But would suck if he left.

What else you got for us T?

His name came up during a discussion I was involved in, whilst enjoying a late night ale. 

I treat social media rumours with a grain of salt.

Probably best if peeps concentrate their thoughts in regard to potential player movements in January, on those players who didn't appear in the playing squad last night. Clubs tend to protect their potential castoffs, so they don't pick up unnecessary injuries.

Deals would appear to have been completed for Mullen & Kwabs to venture up the F3/M1