Romeo Castelen

mack

Hersi had Polenz constantly overlapping so teams had more to think about.. Castelen pretty much has to do it himself and for me 1 on 1 he's a better bet to go past a player than Hersi.  That said tonight I didn't think he had as good a game as on Wednesday.

Yep thought he has been outstanding tonight, made a few superb runs and looked good when he swapped with saba coming central. I do feel he needs to back himself, too many times tonight and Wednesday he looked to pass instead of having the shot himself! Still I think he is better than Hersi and I'd much rather him over Hersi but KGee made a very good point with Hersi/Polenz partnership. It adds an extra dimension to your side when you've got an overlapping right back, Cole I felt would be able to play this role for Romeo but hasn't been able to pull it off tonight.

Had we put away our chances and come away with the win would we be having this conversation? Doubt it.

He is our best player on the park for me very nice quality and the more we see the more we will get out of him. Works hard and goes looking for the ball roaming around the pitch not sitting back waiting. Favorite player for me and better than Hersi and what he lacks in speed he makes up in technical quality.

He is our best player on the park for me very nice quality and the more we see the more we will get out of him. Works hard and goes looking for the ball roaming around the pitch not sitting back waiting. Favorite player for me and better than Hersi and what he lacks in speed he makes up in technical quality.

Best player tonight and I reckon he'll only get better when he's settled in. From my observation he's outdoing Hersi in speed as well.

, Cole I felt would be able to play this role for Romeo but hasn't been able to pull it off tonight.

Might have had something to do with Cole playing left back yesterday...  :crazy:

On that note Cole is so uncomfortable at left back.  Right back good and need to cement him in there.

, Cole I felt would be able to play this role for Romeo but hasn't been able to pull it off tonight.

Might have had something to do with Cole playing left back yesterday... :crazy:

On that note Cole is so uncomfortable at left back. Right back good and need to cement him in there.

Yeh my bad, I was referring to Wednesday night more but he didn't bomb on forward to support ruka as much as I would have liked in last nights match.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

be ready next week, training well now.

Simon hill said he spoke Romeo pre game and " he's a few weeks away "

lol Popa also said prior to the derby in round two that Castelen and Saba were "6-8 weeks away". Nek minit they both started the match.

well that explains a lot doesn't it?

POPA HAS NO SENSE OF TIME AND THATS WHY WE LEAVE IT TOO LATE IN THE MATCH TO TRY AND WIN!!!

be ready next week, training well now.

Simon hill said he spoke Romeo pre game and " he's a few weeks away "

lol Popa also said prior to the derby in round two that Castelen and Saba were "6-8 weeks away". Nek minit they both started the match.

well that explains a lot doesn't it?

POPA HAS NO SENSE OF TIME AND THATS WHY WE LEAVE IT TOO LATE IN THE MATCH TO TRY AND WIN!!!

No, Popa does have a sense of time. But he is in a temporal time warp that opened up when Shinjo scored that goal against the Victory in season 1 with the juggle and volley, and hence can see past, present and future all in one event horizon.

I wouldn't be surprised if he already knows who will win the 2025 FFA Cup...

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good solid game....so glad he is back.

He just looks to have that extra bit of quality about him, but for some reason (most probably his injury woes) has not been able to convert into goals.

Romeo's on a 2 year contract right? Get him fired up for the ACL campaign then give him a good break and some work over the off-season to bounce back bigger and better for 2015/16