Arsenal Thread

Guest Rikitocker

• 3 months later...

Aub and mik are quality additions no doubt but neither are in Sanchez class to let him run down he’s contract was unforgivable 

nothing will change because still the defence is ****

xhaka, Ramsey and Wilshire between them have no idea how to protect a back 3 or 4 that quite frankly none of them would get a run for any other top epl team Outside Liverpool 

monreal solid that’s it 

Kosc and Mustafi go alright but are just not top quality and often exposed by class attackers 

rest aren’t even worth talking about 

Bellerin had serious potential but he’s sulking since they won’t let him go back to camp nou 

arsenal is good for nothing but watching arsenal fan tv when they are fired up even though have come to fact it’s pointless having passion with kroenke in control money reigns supreme results are a distant 2nd 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

excuse my choice of words Wendy and others who may find this inappropriate 

I never knew I could have 8 wanks in two hours but there was ten years of tension in my scrotum released upon reading this 😂

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/20/arsene-wenger-to-leave-arsenal-at-the-end-of-the-season

Edited by GunnerWanderer

You're excused, GW - and he's had his time, no doubt.

But it's kinda sad.

Before I started to follow the A League - in Season 2....I loved the Gunners - and Arsene.

But I acknowledge...that love affair started in 1998 for me...lol.

Over 20 years is more than long enough, I guess.

What will he do with himself, I wonder....?

I guess you're saying - "Who cares!"

:cry::cry:

Wenger is a legend. Sure the last few years may have tainted his legacy somewhat, but people need to remember what the club - and English football - was like before he came. English football was still full of alcoholics jogging around a track for training to run off their hangovers. He introduced professional training sessions that focused on using the ball. Arsenal were known as Boring Boring Arsenal, winning games 1-0 playing the offside trap.

He has an amazing knowledge of the history of the game, and technical and tactical changes. He'd be an amazing technical director. Still think the English FA should have gone all in for him last year for that role, mentoring Southgate.

This Guardian comment found its way to my inbox, courtesy of Louisenrique:

If I was the board, I would immediately offer the job to Primus guitarist Larry LaLonde, and then change the name of the club to Larry LaLonde's London Lovepumps. The new club colour would be dildo pink, and the club crest would be a picture of a talking hotdog that looked suspiciously phallic. The hotdog would replace Gunnersaurus, who would be fired humiliatingly on the pitch before the first home game next season. The team would gather around him, taunting him, all jeering and chanting "Stupid dinosaur! Neither man nor lizard! We want Hardon Harry The Hotdog, or else a wizard!" Then Gunnersaurus would be handcuffed and suspended from the ceiling of the main stand until he died.

But I suppose they'll just give it to Allegri.