RBB Capo question / suggestion

Hey I have an idea...

When you look at the history of active support in this club you can see one significant event that I believe happened during the first season semi when we knocked Brisbane out - the Poznan became a stadium wide event.

How it happened I can't recall but it's a given now that the Poznan is something that everyone is a part of.

Lately we have been seeing other chants spreading around the stadium, mostly the 1,2,3 West chant and 1-2 others.

It would be an awesome opportunity to help this along, you can tell from the last ACL matches that the rest of the stadium wants to join in - and anyone who was in the RBB for those 2 matches already knows how great it was when we looked over and saw people joining in...

what about someone with a megaphone heading over to the main stands to get them going ?

Other coaches (Mulvey) have said that a trip to our home is very one-sided and noisy against them, now imagine if we could get that 3 times louder ?

Thoughts ???

The thing I have noticed sitting in the west is there is no end to knobs who enjoy nothing more than not responding to the atmosphere, getting involved or turning fully around for poznan as if they would prefer to be the only ones who support the team. So it seems hard enough to get 54 going.

IF it was to happen that the NT is sold out more often then not, and 53 and 59 are filling up, then the capos may want to consider spreading out to get all of the NT engaged. No doubt this would come with it's own challenges, but I can tell you from experience that Bay 53 seems a looong way away from the action with that platform above 54 in the way.

IMO - Don't force it.

If the side stands want to join in on chants, then they will do so.

Let it happen, and grow, organically. 

lol let's get it so there aren't knobs in the actual active bays standing with their arms crossed only singing when someone intimidating looking turns around to have a go at them first.

This and This.

Side stands will get involved as they see fit, which is their decision. Be proud that there is participation from the sides at all. Other clubs are trying to replicate this with extremely mixed results.

Hey I have an idea...

When you look at the history of active support in this club you can see one significant event that I believe happened during the first season semi when we knocked Brisbane out - the Poznan became a stadium wide event.

Disagree. It was the first WDWSF against Adelaide 6-1 a week after the Sydney Away Derby.

This has been helped by some RBB members renewing/relocating memberships to the grandstands.

Our side has always been semi-active and I wouldn't encourage trying to get everyone involved in all the chants, as the reason we are on the sidelines is so we can watch the match.

I admit, I dislike when call and response chants happen during an opposition corner in front of us. I'm torn.

Stadium wide Paranoia would be the most beautiful and intimidating thing ever. But I do agree that we should let it grow organically, some people just don't want to get involved and that's how it is. I could imagine Paranoia dying out after the second or third go die to the fact that some people are just not bothered, which also happens in the RBB we must admit.

even if they wanted to, i don't know if megas or instruments would be allowed anywhere outside the active areas. In saying all this I believe we are doing pretty good because not everyone wants to be active a lot of ppl prefer to watch the match and react as towards the match's atmosphere.

Give it the domino effect i say, first it began as a bay 56 then 55 and 57 and working in progress is leading the whole North terrace to be on par. As soon as the outer bays 53/59 get filled and loud then hopefully some of that will lead to the following bays getting a bit more involved.

Were still young, but look how far we've come so far!

55 still too quiet to be worrying about any other stands, 53 was a picnic. A few confused looks during the poznan. If we can fill those corners then support will wrap around, unfortunately it stops mid 54

Edited by ColdRock

I just want to add as well, that those being critical of the RBB basing it purely on this week's performance  -  it's an unfair judgement.

Judging a performance after MANY months off, the first match back AND it was midweek... a bit tough to take the criticism (esp. those listing particular bays) seriously IMO.

I just want to add as well, that those being critical of the RBB basing it purely on this week's performance  -  it's an unfair judgement.

Judging a performance after MANY months off, the first match back AND it was midweek... a bit tough to take the criticism (esp. those listing particular bays) seriously IMO.

Actually the performance was better than usual, as is often the case with ACL games where any member can buy RBB tix. HAL games other than Smurf the visits see a lighter version of RBB where the noise, if any, stops on the edge of 55 and 54 occasionally pipes up

Try and get Paranoid going from stand to stand please...

I was thinking the same thing...

PA PA PARANOIA!!! East stand to West Stand!!

That would be VERY intimidating.

Stadium wide Paranoia would be the most beautiful and intimidating thing ever. But I do agree that we should let it grow organically, some people just don't want to get involved and that's how it is. I could imagine Paranoia dying out after the second or third go die to the fact that some people are just not bothered, which also happens in the RBB we must admit.

Would be awesome if it was a call and response from the RBB to the stands, don't know how to get that going organically though!?!?!?

How did the WDYSF start going off again? Was it just someone in the RBB who had the balls to try it and it came off?

Maybe we could do it with the whole pointing thing like we do with who do we sing for, so they know we want them to join in?

need something to get the side stands attention before getting them to participate! Also, I can confirm from the east stand, that most people follow the 1-2-3 west chant (just not hands clapped above head as per the RBB)

Use social media to let people know what is happening - but then you also have the people who simply refuse to participate which will bring everyone's effort down. Paranoia works only if everyone is participating. WDWSF is an easy one, it's as simple as it gets while Paranoia is more complicated for regular people. Also, the repetitions will have to be decreased, we just simply can't expect the stands to do Paranoia for 5 minutes straight.