Wanderers Into ACL Semi-Final On Away Goals!

Correct.

So why do West get home ground in the 2nd leg? How come there isn't a coin flipped for this? What bs

Also note that the Final is played on a Saturday. So obviously the FFA will be forced to move our 2 home games against CCM and Brisbane if we make it that far. At least there won't be a venue availability problem since Parra is booked to host us for the HAL anyway.

Edited by Erebus

Correct.

So why do West get home ground in the 2nd leg? How come there isn't a coin flipped for this? What bs

Also note that the Final is played on a Saturday. So obviously the FFA will be forced to move our 2 home games against CCM and Brisbane if we make it that far. At least there won't be a venue availability problem since Parra is booked to host us for the HAL anyway.

Same reason why Qatar got the world cup; $$$

Correct.

Same reason why Qatar got the world cup; $$$

Ed Zachery

Same reason the draw is split until the final. The cashed up Arab clubs that are slowly but surely taking over the AFC (and FIFA) board rooms got sick of not having a team from their region in the latter stages of the tournament. If we can't beat 'em, pay to change the rules of the game so we win anyway.

With Asia being so huge they can justify it by pointing to the extreme distances and climate differences hindering good football so in a way separating east and west makes sense. 

I predict after another humiliating defeat of the middle eastern club in the final the AFC format will change again. 

Correct.

Not sure if I'm remembering correctly - but I think this was determined as part of the draw for the quarter finals etc - i.e. 2 balls in a bowl & first drawn got the 1st leg as their home game

Correct.

Not sure if I'm remembering correctly - but I think this was determined as part of the draw for the quarter finals etc - i.e. 2 balls in a bowl & first drawn got the 1st leg as their home game

correct. it was drawn randomly as you described. it's on the afc youtube channel if anyone wants to take a look.

Correct.

correct. it was drawn randomly as you described. it's on the afc youtube channel if anyone wants to take a look.

Yup, they drew it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlcwi4y3e7w#t=1387

Final at Parts? Wouldn't bet on it at this stage. Not enough room for all the AFC hangers on methinks.

It depends on how many personnel the opposition bring along. Given guangzhous status in asian football, that was probably the closest indicator to what it would've been like for us to host the final. The day the team trained at Parra before the game I saw more AFC match commissioners and delegates (who are absolute ****s) than you can poke a stick at and that was 24 hours before the actual game. Then on top of that, once the boys finished training and Guangzhou rocked up it was like half the province had come along too. Van after van was delivering Chinese food and alcohol throughout the day, I must have walked a small liquor stores worth of Singtao up the stairs. It was madness the amount of preparation that goes into preparing the stadium (inside and out) and it doesn't help that the match commissioners rule with an iron fist and have no people skills at all. I'd imagine that the final would be even more of an effort than that which would really stretch the corporate facilities capacity.

Although Adelaide hosted the second leg of the final in 2008 at Hindmarsh so who knows...