Wanderers Into ACL Semi-Final On Away Goals!

From A-League CBA: Players will receive minimum payments for ACL Matches, specifically an incidentals allowance per away match and a percentage share of prize money commencing from the Quarter Finals stage.

From what I recall, it's minimum 30% has to be split among the players.

I don't believe prize money is split amongst HAL teams anymore.

Edited by nickg

Was after the goal, so presumably excessive celebration. Santalab may have got one also, after he came on he (I think) chopped down a guangzhou player, but advantage was played and I think the ref came back later and carded him. La Rocca got a card as well I think.

http://www.the-afc.com/en/acl-2014-schedule-n-results.html

still hasnt updated match report with card details

Cole, Juric and Bridge got cards. So Tomi and Shannon will miss the first leg.

Now that's what's called winning ugly! That second half , you could see the guys were out on their feet n surviving on pure guts n determination. How crap are the so called glamour team in Asia? Seriously? The only decent players they had were their imports , the rest were ordinary. I can't believe it, this story just keeps on going n getting better! **** this little fish in a big pond mentality, we're a big fish in a big f**king pond!!! Imagine if we had've been half way thru our season! Nothing to fear anymore, Asia is ours!!! As I'm writing this, "We are the champions" has come on the radio!!! Lol. **** YEAH WE ARE!!!! COYW!!!!

Santa got card too

Santa got card too

Not according to the AFC match review on their website.

http://www.the-afc.com/en/acl-2014-schedule-n-results.html?view=all

It's updated now. Santa got a card in the 85th.

Bugger. I assume that means Haliti up front? Is Sotirio still too green for leading the line?

Would Tomi have Socceroo duty around then anyway?

Blood pressure went up and stress level was high all because of Cole. Appiah should not have started as he was leaving Cole all to defend on his own and sometime defending two players. Popa should have couple of well experienced players as subs. We were missing spira. Good that we have the first game away for the semis. 

That 'Pete in Cronulla' is being his usual, neanderthal best again in the comments section of the SMH. Seriously, is this guy a nut job?? Anything to do with the Wanderers and he's there being a goose and how the Wanderers are an embarrasment to Australian Football. Get a life you dickwad!

Was just reading the 442 forums (I know, kill me) and the amount of people who thought the Guangzhou 'keeper should have been sent off after the challenge against of Bridge, is too damn high!

Brenton Speed included, it seems as is everyone has this idea of 'last man' when looking at the offence. The law states nothing about 'last man' and refers only to 'an obvious goal-scoring opportunity'. Bridge had knocked the ball in front, and then the 'keeper committed the foul. Had it had been the other way around, then yes, a send off, but as it stood the referee was 100% correct.

Similar with the 'pass back' law too, also says nothing about 'passing the ball backwards... what if the 'keeper is in front of the defending player and it's passed to him? (end rant).

'last man' has become a popular phrase because it's a no brainer, if the last man takes a player out, unless the ball is already in the stands, give the dog a red.

I understand why people think in that manner, but there are so many other factors to take into account - but, yes, quite often 'last man' challenges should result in a send-off.

But, one thing I am sick of hearing (off-topic... sorry) is when a player is on the ground and kicking the ball "Can't to that ref!"... ummm... in this type of football, yes you can. I know in some indoor comps it's not allowed, but still...

'last man' has become a popular phrase because it's a no brainer, if the last man takes a player out, unless the ball is already in the stands, give the dog a red.

I understand why people think in that manner, but there are so many other factors to take into account - but, yes, quite often 'last man' challenges should result in a send-off.

But, one thing I am sick of hearing (off-topic... sorry) is when a player is on the ground and kicking the ball "Can't to that ref!"... ummm... in this type of football, yes you can. I know in some indoor comps it's not allowed, but still...

The bee in your bonnet is unusual today my friend :P you should be in celebration mode today! Not grumpy old man mode!

Was just reading the 442 forums (I know, kill me) and the amount of people who thought the Guangzhou 'keeper should have been sent off after the challenge against of Bridge, is too damn high!

Brenton Speed included, it seems as is everyone has this idea of 'last man' when looking at the offence. The law states nothing about 'last man' and refers only to 'an obvious goal-scoring opportunity'. Bridge had knocked the ball in front, and then the 'keeper committed the foul. Had it had been the other way around, then yes, a send off, but as it stood the referee was 100% correct.

Similar with the 'pass back' law too, also says nothing about 'passing the ball backwards... what if the 'keeper is in front of the defending player and it's passed to him? (end rant).

I disagree mate.

If Bridge didn't get fouled, there was an obvious goal scoring opportunity presenting itself. All he had to do was tap the ball into an empty net from 2 yards. The cover defenders got there to clear in the end, but Bridge was in behind them and in an obvious position to score if not for being fouled.

I'm not bagging the ref, because he was absolutely brilliant. But I think he got the colour of that card wrong.