Away Active Restrictions

West13

Listen, this isn't directed at you, but I do like your hopefulness.

I've come to see that for every person that shits on the RBB for every protest or related action they take to get their voice heard on these such issues, there's another asking what does the club plan to do.... etc etc

As long as the FFA has control over the league, the clubs will succumb to their self-centred demands.

In modern, professional sports, the "fan" you mention, seems to be defined as the individual that adheres to administrative conformity, and delivers the greatest financial return.

If your question gets adequately answered, with anything but "nothing",  I'd be happy, but surprised.

A question (and support request) for the club.

What is the club planning on doing to help non-RBB members buy active support tix for Away games? I.e. what are they doing to fight the FFA on behalf of the fans?

Last year any member could buy away active, now most have been shat on.

Easy..... NOTHING!!!!!

Red and Black Bloc

The planned attempts by the FFA & Damien De Bohun to stunt the growth of active support in the A League were apparent today, with the presale tickets for Wanderers members for the Sydney derby on 18th October going on sale.

RBB members were restricted to 1 active ticket per membership number, and allocation for the active area was downsized from 6 to 3 bays. General members were also prevented from buying active tickets.

These rules will be applied across the league and will affect every single active supporter group. It will prevent members from bringing along friends and family wanting to experience and participate.

First the deception regarding an introduction/

existence of a bans appeal system (which never has and never will exist), and now the restrictions on active support.

Damien De Bohun is living proof that stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance. On more occasion than one, he has shown his incompetence and disregard for active supporter groups. The very same groups who drive the growth and success of football in this country.

You will not stop us. You will not silence us.

De Bohun OUT.

So it looks like you get tickets to bronze reserved and stand up and chant as normal. So bays 39-6 are as normal..how can they control me standing and supporting my team..If you could have a 100% boycott of the game then they may be willing to have some negotiation..This is a pretty massive overkill, when I thought the RBB and Co, were brilliant last year..only the ACL game, they could hit us with, but I dont understand this approach. Question is what is being or can be done..how do we stand together over these issues. The derby is something not to be mucked with. So many people say this experience is up there with some of the best sporting events on the planet. 

petitions to club, FFA, how do we tackle these issues, we must have a voice..This crap will kill football overnight.

Edited by stavup

On a Wanderers Facebook group it was said that it was a Sydfc decision not to allow Wanderers members to purchase tickets in the active section, as opposed to a FFA decision. Anyone else heard something similar on this?

then our club should be raising merry hell.

On a Wanderers Facebook group it was said that it was a Sydfc decision not to allow Wanderers members to purchase tickets in the active section, as opposed to a FFA decision. Anyone else heard something similar on this?

then our club should be raising merry hell.

Club can't do anything because its not their home game.

In retaliation, I hope SFC get 1 bay for our hosted derby. They can EAD

Guest mickisnot

Am I the only person that actually thinks East Sydney did us a favor by placing another three bays of Bronze tickets away right next to the active support?

By all means, given the restrictions, they could of easily reshuffled the stadium allocation but they didn't. These restrictions mean less active support at away games.

I would of thought if East Sydney wanted to **** us over they would of allocated the entire end to just RBB. You would of had less tickets sold all round etc. Or placed the RBB in the corner end of the stadium.

In regards to the club, I have no idea.

I'm sad and angry about this dude.

No the whole thing is fracked, because you are going to have muppets who bought tickets to 4,5,6 thinking that it is the east/west stands at Wanderland wanting to sit down in there allocated seats and watch the game. Half will be standing, half will be sitting... It had the potential to be a disaster.

Better if they just allowed WSW members to buy active tickets if they want to go active, that way those that want to watch the game can and those that want to go active can as well!

Guest mickisnot

No the whole thing is fracked, because you are going to have muppets who bought tickets to 4,5,6 thinking that it is the east/west stands at Wanderland wanting to sit down in there allocated seats and watch the game. Half will be standing, half will be sitting... It had the potential to be a disaster.

Better if they just allowed WSW members to buy active tickets if they want to go active, that way those that want to watch the game can and those that want to go active can as well!

I completely agree.

But I wouldn't expect East Sydney to drop pamphlets over our heads saying "Bays 1 - 6 are active"

I can't buy active tickets remember Prydz. I'm not in the RBB.

Got tickets in bay 4, I will get extremely shitty if I'm asked to sit down by a fellow WSW supporter. It's simply not gonna happen.
Guest mickisnot

Got tickets in bay 4, I will get extremely shitty if I'm asked to sit down by a fellow WSW supporter. It's simply not gonna happen.

In bay 4 as well.

We'll tear s-hit up together.

This is why I had mentioned in another thread about the set up with Bronze seating being a fail.

Most people on this forum would've understood to ring Ticketek and sort out, but a lot of people would be jumping online getting Eastern terrace seats who would've preffered to be behind the goals. Then once that allocation is exhausted, as we get closer to game day, random event goers will likely be allocated bays 4-6. "You're in my seat champ...I paid good money for this seat Mate... I can't see..." ...good luck with that.

However, in saying that, i can see mick's point in that it kinda does allow for tweaking of the FFA's member only active rules... unless of course there is a tarp in between.

I sent a very angry rant to the FFA.

Dont expect an answer though. They can go **** themselves, the stupid kunts!

Cc the club too, with a nicer message but ask them what they can do!

Ok, first things first.

The FFA actually replied to me emails, twice, which surprised me. Good on them. I've been playing email essay tennis with some lady from their membership engagement team. I'm not planning on achieving anything alone. I just wanted to make some noise and raise awareness, but if many of us do we might do something.

Two things I realised. It's not ESFC that's behind the restrictions, it's the FFA. In my first email I practically accused them of neglecting active support growth by putting RBB only restrictions for the Derby, and they didn't deny it.

Secondly, they are paranoid as phuck. The lady claimed that there have never been chances for non-members (or non RBB members for that matter) to buy active tickets for away Wanderers games. I think she's been hibernating for the past two years. They're scared of admitting the truth, like there's the phucking boogeyman hiding in their closet and they're scared of admitting it. Not sure if I should get the club involved at this stage.

Cbf explaining the whole exchange, but in the end I invited her to come in the RBB and try it out for herself and witness how amazing it is. But see, she won't be able to because she doesn't have a membership, and getting one for newbies is practically impossible.

This is why I had mentioned in another thread about the set up with Bronze seating being a fail.

Most people on this forum would've understood to ring Ticketek and sort out, but a lot of people would be jumping online getting Eastern terrace seats who would've preffered to be behind the goals. Then once that allocation is exhausted, as we get closer to game day, random event goers will likely be allocated bays 4-6. "You're in my seat champ...I paid good money for this seat Mate... I can't see..." ...good luck with that.

However, in saying that, i can see mick's point in that it kinda does allow for tweaking of the FFA's member only active rules... unless of course there is a tarp in between.

Let it be known bays 4 5 and 6 will be snappin haaaaaard  :clapping: 

LET

IT

BE

KNOWN

October 2013 - SFS Derby, bays 1-6 active, anybody can buy into active area

March 2014 - SFS Derby, bays 2-4 active, a bit of drama around purchasing tickets because of codes and you had to be a member to get active

October 2014 - SFS Derby, bays 1-3 active (not even centred behind the goals), only RBB members can buy into active bays

How does this change so much in such a short amount of time??

I for one, would like written clarification on the "Active Members are the only ones allowed to purchase Active tickets" policy.

• Is it a FFA-enforced policy, ie. this will be the case for ALL future FFA Cup/ A-League matches??
  • Is it enforced by the Home club for each match, ie. the home club dictates whether or not this is the case, depending on the opposition they are against??

Watch. Those Victory tickets will have restrictions to only those who have RBB memberships.

It all make sense now why we only have 1 allocated active bay.

And from reading through Theguest7's post,

The FFA actually replied to me emails, twice, which surprised me. Good on them. I've been playing email essay tennis with some lady from their membership engagement team. I'm not planning on achieving anything alone. I just wanted to make some noise and raise awareness, but if many of us do we might do something.

Two things I realised. It's not ESFC that's behind the restrictions, it's the FFA. In my first email I practically accused them of neglecting active support growth by putting RBB only restrictions for the Derby, and they didn't deny it.

Secondly, they are paranoid as phuck. The lady claimed that there have never been chances for non-members (or non RBB members for that matter) to buy active tickets for away Wanderers games. I think she's been hibernating for the past two years. They're scared of admitting the truth, like there's the phucking boogeyman hiding in their closet and they're scared of admitting it. Not sure if I should get the club involved at this stage.

Cbf explaining the whole exchange, but in the end I invited her to come in the RBB and try it out for herself and witness how amazing it is. But see, she won't be able to because she doesn't have a membership, and getting one for newbies is practically impossible. 

Not a chance they will expand the away bay, they are killing it.

FTFFA