Nikita Rukavytsya

mack

Not ready to give up on him but yeah he hasn't really improved since he left Perth. 

Still I'll reserve final judgement once I see

Juric

Ruka           Takahagi       Castelen 

Hopefully in time for derby. Would be epic to win our first game against them if we have to wait that long lol

Maybe wing isn't really his best position, can he play any other positions?

He's the right player in the wrong team, needs a different setup to see his best.

It's interesting we make this point but I remember in an interview him saying that he was made to play wing in Germany but he prefers playing striker. Though due to his pace and lack physical presence the only way that'll work is when he is playing just off the striker (second striker) but then again he isn't really a 10 either.

I think wing is his best position but the biggest issue he has at the moment is confidence. He just lacking confidence from all parts of his game right now and is sorely out of form. The issue today though was more to do with the way we played, long balls from the back and just getting no service to show off his skills. Can't really blame the guy for having a bad game when he didn't get any service. He looked a lot better in previous matches but today he was just a passenger (not entirely his fault). Unfortunately getting our midfield to gel with Kalmar (first game playing DM which is a different beast to CAM), Takahagi, Baccus etc unfortunately isn't going to just click. Once these guys sort out the game, then they can start to get some decent service to our wingers.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the worst ever players to lace on a boot for us in our short history. Offers absolutely nothing besides speed and has the touch of an elephant.

Thank heavens he is only one a one year contract.

I completely disagree with you.

He has rapid pace, and has a pretty good shot on him.

His confidence is clearly down and the teams performance has affected his own. The rest of the team hasnt been at a high enough standard for him

Theres a reason why he has played for the socceroos...

One of the worst ever players to lace on a boot for us in our short history. Offers absolutely nothing besides speed and has the touch of an elephant.

Yes and that's why he is a former Socceroo?

He's a fantastic player, many steps up from Appiah Kubi and our second best winger potentially.

Guest redwhiteblack

Raw speed can't be thought, but neither can a first touch when you're 27 years old.

It frustrates me to no end but Australian football players with a good first touch are as rare as hens teeth. It is just not in our genetic make up like it is in the South Americans or the Central Europeans.

I'll still have him over Bridge in the side.

Yes and that's why he is a former Socceroo?

He's a fantastic player, many steps up from Appiah Kubi and our second best winger potentially.

Former Socceroo. So is Max Vieri. Doesn't mean anything.

What attributes does he have besides pace that makes him a "fantastic player"?

Fact is, Ruka scored 7 odd goals in 60 or so games in Europe. This season be has 1 in 16.

Why does anyone think he will start scoring goals? Never has in his career.

Sorry but his first touch is consistently horrible. If you haven't sorted out your first touch when you're 27 years old, it's not going to improve.

I'll still have him over Bridge in the side.

The difference is Bridge is likely getting paid FAR less, and his signing wasn't greeted with all the hype in the world.

No way I'll be lashing out on our players like that, I back him to come good and prove the haters wrong.

Former socceroo means a lot especially considering when he broke into the team and what he was supposed to become (fallen way short of expectations there however).

Pace is one of his key assets, he also gets into good areas and over the season has been working much harder in defense. He is the type of player that everyone wishes they had in there own teams but clearly we aren't getting the best out of him. I believe he has the characteristics to be a fantastic player, we just aren't seeing that! He also is pretty decent on set pieces. A lot of your critiscism on his first touch is void especially when he uses it to push it past players and use his pace to get around the opposition. He is no Shinji, but it's not that bad.

Goals, one of the main reason he has been lacking is because playing wing doesn't give him the opportunities to score but in our team (especially based on S1) we really depend on anyone in our front four to contribute to goals. It doesn't matter if you're traditionally a goal scorer or not, unless youre a goal keeper or defender, if you're in the final third of the pitch at this level and you get a chance in front of goal, you're expected to score. Good or poor record.

100% agree with you Daniel :good:

Edited by Prydzopolis

You're entitled to your opinion as is everyone but the "hater" argument is really silly. I just call it as I see it, it's nothing to do with "hating". 16 games is a fair amount to judge IMO.

As far as I'm concerned you can have all the pace in the world but if your first touch is as bad as Ruka's is it's almost pointless. I just see no other attributes besides speed. Touch poor, positioning average, defensive contribution very little, movement poor, very little footballing intelligence. He is just a runner.

Yes he can run past players but when it comes down to a final pass, cross or shot the end product is just not there. I honestly believe he has the worst first touch in the squad, it's just consistently awful almost every time.

Just don't see how he is possibly going to come good. He's scored 7 goals in nearly 80 games in the past six years or so and has never managed more than 5 goals a season since leaving Perth. Does anyone really think he is just going to start banging them in?

No way I'll be lashing out on our players like that, I back him to come good and prove the haters wrong.

Former socceroo means a lot especially considering when he broke into the team and what he was supposed to become (fallen way short of expectations there however).

Pace is one of his key assets, he also gets into good areas and over the season has been working much harder in defense. He is the type of player that everyone wishes they had in there own teams but clearly we aren't getting the best out of him. I believe he has the characteristics to be a fantastic player, we just aren't seeing that! He also is pretty decent on set pieces. A lot of your critiscism on his first touch is void especially when he uses it to push it past players and use his pace to get around the opposition. He is no Shinji, but it's not that bad.

Goals, one of the main reason he has been lacking is because playing wing doesn't give him the opportunities to score but in our team (especially based on S1) we really depend on anyone in our front four to contribute to goals. It doesn't matter if you're traditionally a goal scorer or not, unless youre a goal keeper or defender, if you're in the final third of the pitch at this level and you get a chance in front of goal, you're expected to score. Good or poor record.

100% agree with you Daniel :good:

Me?  :wub:

You're entitled to your opinion as is everyone but the "hater" argument is really silly. I just call it as I see it, it's nothing to do with "hating". 16 games is a fair amount to judge IMO.

As far as I'm concerned you can have all the pace in the world but if your first touch is as bad as Ruka's is it's almost pointless. I just see no other attributes besides speed. Touch poor, positioning average, defensive contribution very little, movement poor, very little footballing intelligence. He is just a runner.

Yes he can run past players but when it comes down to a final pass, cross or shot the end product is just not there. I honestly believe he has the worst first touch in the squad, it's just consistently awful almost every time.

Just don't see how he is possibly going to come good. He's scored 7 goals in nearly 80 games in the past six years or so and has never managed more than 5 goals a season since leaving Perth. Does anyone really think he is just going to start banging them in?

When a player is a Wanderer, there is no point in saying he is **** with no chance of getting better. Wait till he leaves our club and then you can give him **** all you want but now he needs our support and the backing of the fans to turn things around. All you're doing is hating.

I'd disagree on touch, positioning, defensive work, movement and intelligence. The simple truth is that he had scored more than half of the clear chances he has had in a WSW shirt, there is no way you'd be critising him or giving him so much negative bullshit. He'd be between 5-10 goals and it would have changed the fortunes of the team.

Yes he can do better, he hasn't worked out for us as we'd hoped, but you can say that about our whole team. Not enough people contributing to our team and the resulting lack of performance has led to the lack of confidence we have had in attack and defence. You may not see him coming good based on what you've seen but we don't need a prolific goal scorer, we just need someone who is already getting in good positions to put the ball away.

just about everytime he gets on the ball you have no idea what he's going to do. its exiting, its what I want to watch. I don't want to watch robots play football - that would be boring. for me, ruka is at least as exiting as hersi was - he just hasn't had the luck that hersi had on the ball. those fluke goals that hersi scored - ruka has missed. that's really the only difference for mine.

I would take ruka's pace and temperament over hersi's injury-prone(ness?) and shocking temperament any day of the week.

ruka > hersi, appiah, bridge(as a winger).

just about everytime he gets on the ball you have no idea what he's going to do. its exiting, its what I want to watch. I don't want to watch robots play football - that would be boring. for me, ruka is at least as exiting as hersi was - he just hasn't had the luck that hersi had on the ball. those fluke goals that hersi scored - ruka has missed. that's really the only difference for mine.

I would take ruka's pace and temperament over hersi's injury-prone(ness?) and shocking temperament any day of the week.

Are you effing kidding me? THAT WOULD BE TEH AWESOMES!

Are you effing kidding me? THAT WOULD BE TEH AWESOMES!

would it be broadcast on.....skynet?